brady

Sticking Views and Controle inputs (new)

6 posts in this topic

Hi-

I have HOTAS flight stick, new'ish, and while I am flying I often get stuck views and flight control inputs that can be unstuck or do unstick but they last long enough to kill me on occasion or contribute to me getting killed , is this a known issue with my equipment or a Game issue?

I never had this problem with my CH stick.

O- it does not happen on the ground only when I am flying and typically only if their are a lot of players in the area.

Edited by brady

Hi brady.

I dont think this is a known issue. I have never heard of this happening. What stick do you use?

Hey @brady , is it possible you're hitting your free look key {default is N} at the same time you're using the POV hat? Have you tried remapping your POV hat views in your keymapper views? Perhaps their is some overlap with what the stick sees as buttons.

This is a late reply, sorry, haven't been around here for a while.

Yes, I've had this happen with my CH HOTAS. Example: After pressing right view on a HAT switch, then releasing, view is still stuck looking right. If memory serves me correctly, pressing and releasing the same view clears it up. And in fact, pressing and releasing any view will likely do the same.

I believe the CH HAT positions work in two steps: pressing a HAT activates a view, and the act of releasing is actually like a separate keypress to reset the view. I believe the game misses the release (keypress), because like the OP has stated, this only happens in WWIIOL.

A possible fix to this may be to reprogram your HOTAS to use all number pad view keys. Example: program right HAT to the number pad 6 instead of the default behavior (as a HAT switch). This should work because the number pad view keys are a "press and hold", there is no "release". Press and hold keys will keep repeating until released like this: "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww". This could have the adverse affect of typing "666666" in the chat bar, instead of looking right *if* your text chat is open (not sure about this, check it in game).

How do I deal with this? I just chaulk it up as an oddity with WWIIOL, and flick a HAT switch if this happens. And yeah, I've crashed a few vehicles due this this too.

Disclaimer: I am no expert here, and may in fact have it ALL WRONG. But I think the above is true, or close to it.

Edited by mobius57
proof reading

If you still want you use your hat switch, perhaps a program such as Joy To Key ( LINK ) might help.  You can use that to interpret joystick input as keypresses.  You could map your hat switch to a set of key combinations you won't otherwise use, such as [ALT] + F5 through [ALT] + F12.  Then just set your views in the keymapper to those combinations and VOILA!

-Irish