Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Bierbaer

The community has lost one of its own, RIP hvyoutput!

Bierbaer

Devastated and with heavy heart I'm letting you know that "hvyoutput" has passed away on Wednesday, 4th of January 2017. Our squad learned from hvy's departure yesterday and has been in shock and grief ever since. He was not in pain and he was surrounded by his family and friends. "Hastien", his son, is an active WWIIOL player as well. May the community comfort him the best way WE can.

We would like to express our heartfelt condolences to Hastien, his mum, wife and his kids!

We will be holding a in game memorial service for hvyoutput and we will inform the community once we managed to schedule it, together with "Hastien".

It was an honor to have known such a great person and the whole community will truly miss him!

Rest In Peace hvyoutput!

bb

Please note:

I'm not posting this here to have a "General Discussion" but rather for the F2P accounts to be able to see the loss of hvyoutput as well.

I have made this post in my function as Squad CO and not as CRS staff member.

EDIT: The in game memorial service is scheduled for the 28th of January 2017, 11am server time! Please type in game ".time" to see what your local time is related to the server time.

hvyoutput_memorial_50.jpg

Edited by BIERBAER
Added picture
  • Like 4

odonovan1

taps.jpg

S! Salute, hvyoutput!  Hastien, deepest condolences to you and your family.

-Irish

shagher

Will never forget HVY's last words to me on the field... And the last action we were in together...

Hastien be proud!

S!

shagher.png

chyrenz

S!

I think it would be something special if BOTH sides organized a meet and airforce flyby at a town in game and briefly pause hostilities.

This should be done during a centralized game time.

HC thoughts?

Edited by chyrenz

dwalin

Hvyoutput was a great person and squad member to play with.  He will be missed in this game.  Hastien, you and yours are always in our thoughts.

!S

dwalin
5 minutes ago, chyrenz said:

S!

I think it would be something special if BOTH sides organized a meet and airforce flyby at a town in game and briefly pause hostilities.

This should be done during a centralized game time.

HC thoughts?

Yes.  As an Axis HC member, we need to arrange this

dwalin

I want to actually add more to my comment.  This game brings people together in ways that people don't expect.  You play side by side with these guys for years, you talk to them on Teamspeak, become friends with them on Facebook, meet them in person.  We talk about everything.  We know each others families, what they are doing this weekend, what they enjoy and don't like.  I've played with Hvyoutput and Hastien for a long time now.  I'd like to think I call them both friends.  It hits harder than you expect when this happens.  On our squad forums Shagher said "I tried not to, but I failed.  I admit I cried".  I agree with that.  I sat here and saw the news and had tears streaming down my face.  That's what this game is.  It isn't about what happens on the virtual battlefield, it's about the friends we make, the relationships we establish, and the memories we all have that makes this unlike any other game I've ever played.  

The last time I played with Hvyoutput he was an infantryman moving up with my tank to cover me.  He was on TS with us, though he didn't talk much.  I knew I was safe from sappers as long as he was there.  And that was him.  He did the stuff that made others successful.  I'll never forget him, nor the impression he made on us as a squad, the game as a whole, and me as a player.

S!

• Like 2

eesti

Yup....

Whips lost a member, the game lost a hell of fb defender and for myself, lost a friend...

You will be remembered, Hvy...

Condolences, prayers and thoughts are with Hastien and his family

drloo

I grieve at the loss of one of my best in-game friends and I extend my heartfelt sympathy to Hastien, his son, and to all of Heavyout's family.  I will miss him dearly. Heavyoutput and I shared much in common. We were both older, vets and loved the game even though we both were relatively new at it.

He was a true gentleman in the game and I believe that actions and words spoken in-game often accurately reflect the real person behind the game name. I never heard Heavy use negativity when reflecting on friendlies or in-game "enemies". Often he would, on TS and in chat, offer words of admiration and even praise when he was bested by an "enemy" or when he noted an accomplishment by a "friendly" He never shied away from the often boring and distasteful tasks of guarding FB's, CP's or bunkers. He was always ready to lend a hand at a moments notice when the call went out including dropping what he was currently doing to resupply when a call for that was transmitted, He was a unselfish player.

I am devastated at his loss but I am proud to have known him and called  him my friend. I hope I can be as kind,  selfless and honorable as he in the future,  for I know this is what he was in "real life"

We will miss you, I will miss you, the game will miss you. The game needs many more like you my good friend.    Godspeed Heavyoutput

Edited by drloo
  • Like 2

ARCHAEUS

Rest well, friend. Godspeed. To @hastienMy deepest condolences to you and your family. I will pray for your continued strength and peace.

S!

vasduten1

My condolences to Hastien, the family and with WHIPS.

Never easy to lose someone.

S!

erasmo

I am very sorry to read this.

RIP hvyoutput. S!

My condolences to Hastien.

coastal

Salute to a Great Persona/Person!  Our heartfelt condolences to Hastien and Family/Friends!

R. I. P.

Salute