rule303

Bravest Act in WW2OL You've Ever Seen/

25 posts in this topic

Tonight I believe I saw the bravest thing I have ever seen before in WW2 Online. Whilst attempting to cut the EAB at Laon tonight with my Sherman, I was surprised by a hiding STUG and lost my gunner. As I fled the scene in a desperate attempt to get away, I watched as Zuviel of the Lancers rammed the STUG head on with his Bedford, knocking it back and giving me a chance to escape. He lost his life and his truck, but I managed to get one more kill in before I got killed by swarming EI.

So what do you think is the bravest thing you've ever witnessed someone do in WW2OL?

1 hour ago, catfive said:

Cap a flag in an unblown depot while rans was overhead in a DB7

:lol:

4 hours ago, catfive said:

That

Once we were hitting Laon and @matamor capped city all by himself.

He persisted in lying there on the floor of the CP telling everyone the status of his capture -at grave risk to himself.

He managed to capture it and many dozens more city CPs in the time I've known him. Plus, he selflessly sits in Stuarts near spawns that are capped and gleefully clears the spawn list of ATGs and infantry options.

14 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Once we were hitting Laon and @matamor capped city all by himself.

He persisted in lying there on the floor of the CP telling everyone the status of his capture -at grave risk to himself.

He managed to capture it and many dozens more city CPs in the time I've known him. Plus, he selflessly sits in Stuarts near spawns that are capped and gleefully clears the spawn list of ATGs and infantry options.

Lmao

I saw Thott the crazy bstard taking on a Stu with the Flak 30. And he knew it was pointless… poor sod, but he saved my life so I could RTB safely with my engineer.

12 minutes ago, Sparre said:

I saw Thott the crazy bstard taking on a Stu with the Flak 30. And he knew it was pointless… poor sod, but he saved my life so I could RTB safely with my engineer.

Not pointless :P

If he got close enough on the flank, he could kill it with 20mm AP.  

im dedicated faf when i fly lol.

I need the 200 mg's from the H87 to be able to kill something :D

9 hours ago, major0noob said:

every single dedicated FAF pilot. even more so now

I personally prefer the FAF over the RAF. French planes aren't as agile or high performance as their British counterparts, but they have far more firepower behind them. Very good for fighter pilots who like me prefer to ambush enemies from above or behind where I can't be seen, or go for head on approaches on enemy fighters. Spitfires just don't have enough firepower behind them, and Hurricanes are only useful in air to air kills on 111s and JU87s.

2 hours ago, rule303 said:

I personally prefer the FAF over the RAF. French planes aren't as agile or high performance as their British counterparts, but they have far more firepower behind them. Very good for fighter pilots who like me prefer to ambush enemies from above or behind where I can't be seen, or go for head on approaches on enemy fighters. Spitfires just don't have enough firepower behind them, and Hurricanes are only useful in air to air kills on 111s and JU87s.

The cannon is supposed to be a lot of firepower but I have enormous trouble aiming so these 60? cannon shots are worthless to me...

3 hours ago, monsjoex said:

The cannon is supposed to be a lot of firepower but I have enormous trouble aiming so these 60? cannon shots are worthless to me...

Hawk P40F has 6 .50 cals with like 2400 rounds of ammunition, and the P38F has 4 .50 cals with 2000 rounds of ammunition and a 20mm with 150. It's not the cannon that is important, but the heavy machine guns.

Going to toot my own horn here cause I thing Agave doesn't come here but he was pinned by a Panny . I was Rifle and flanked the Panny got to him crawled to the front popped up fired my clip into driver window till the panny despawned.

Giving my squad mate an out . I think that was pretty brave :)

On 1/11/2017 at 11:22 AM, catfive said:

/ Thread

13 hours ago, rule303 said:

The hurri2c has, arguably, the best A2A firepower in the game. Only the fw-190 can be argued to be better. 

The cannon armed spitfires have plenty of firepower. Hispano 20mm pack quite a punch. The spit1a is the only relatively toothless spit. 

Even the hurri2b with it's 12 MGs is no slouch. 

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

The hurri2c has, arguably, the best A2A firepower in the game. Only the fw-190 can be argued to be better. 

The cannon armed spitfires have plenty of firepower. Hispano 20mm pack quite a punch. The spit1a is the only relatively toothless spit. 

Even the hurri2b with it's 12 MGs is no slouch. 

The IIC only has 360 rounds though, and horrid climb rate, turning rate and responsiveness making lining up accurate shots ridiculously hard. But on bombers, it eats them for breakfast indeed with that firepower, but the 190 wins out still AND has the performance to back it up. 

The Spitfires have decent firepower in later tiers but I find later Spits hard to control and useless for diving and ambush play like I use. The Hurricane IIB is my plane of choice early tiers though with that firepower. 

Anyone committed to Playing allied in Euro Tz Sunday/Wednesday evenings 

On 1/11/2017 at 0:22 PM, catfive said:

win.

17 hours ago, maxios said:

ehh what? I'd say it's the other way around :).

Spitfires are extremely agile and fast, to the point that you pretty much pass out when you execute any maneuver if you aren't careful or familiar with the plane. It easily gets you killed.

12 hours ago, rule303 said:

Spitfires are extremely agile and fast, to the point that you pretty much pass out when you execute any maneuver if you aren't careful or familiar with the plane. It easily gets you killed.

Just because the turn radius is a quarter less than all other planes in the game and people pass out trying to hamfist it doesn't mean it's not the most agile, most capable plane in the air game.

For turnfighting it's a beast. The armament is awesome, too. I still like the 109F4 better than most Spit variants, but then... I like being able to maintain a slow dive and intercept more than the ol' herpaderp. 

What I've found with the F4 is that one CAN herpaderp now, and as long as the target is still acquired, it's deadly.

The 190 is still stiff and loses control easily.