• Announcements

• GVONPAUL

WWIIOL NEEDS YOUR HELP   01/19/2017

Fundraiser 2017 - WWII Online World War II Online has a VERY big year ahead, with an impressive Development Roadmap outlined, and the big release of our game onto the #1 online games distribution portal, "Steam".

We have started a funding campaign and need YOUR help to achieve these important mission objectives!   Here is a quick overview of what your contribution(s) will be going towards: Project Management software to bolster production and organization. New hardware to prepare for launching on Steam and improving existing services long-term. Supporting our 2017 Development Roadmap objectives. Please support us by going to this link. Several perks for larger donations are shown below:     As always, your continued support is much appreciated. The greatest thing about this game is and always will be the community.   Note: If you want to donate $25 or more, make sure you click on a perk to obtain the items included in it. If you forget to select a perk, send an email to http://support.playnet.com to still get your items.
Hardlead

2c kill on M4A3 sherm

16 posts in this topic

Happened yesterday on mission 754106.

Full speed in 4th gear. Got fired up on by unknown ATG/ET.

Kept speed, turning tower 90 deg and saw muzzle flash at may be 1000m.

Straddled the point of muzzlflash with a mag HE, and also firing MG at the same time, still driving full speed in 4th..

Saw big fire erupt, thought the only thing that would light up like that is a wacky laffy.

Despawn and se that I had one /1 hit on a M4A3. Got the kill on the  ET.

- First, there must be something strange happening on amour. This is the 2nd M4A3 I killed with 20mm HE.

Last one was a couple years ago with FLAK 30.

- There might be more armor affected by what ever happened to those two Sherms that dies to 20mm HE.

CRS pls take this in to account when doing the armor revision, for both sides of cause. I have a screenshot of the despawn screen, but dont know how to post it.

Edit, the Sherm was on mission 753964

Edited by Hardlead

CSR indicates so far by 2c:

1 kill on american sherman 76
1 kill on french sherman 75
2 kills on char B1bis
1 kill on matty

It is a lot to throw on a "stats" discrepancy. And although the 2c can perfectly kill these tanks if their driver hatch is open.. 5 kills is a lot hmm.

Yes indeed its is.

This is so obviously "impossible" so may be a bug is at work.

The question and my recommendation to the rats, is to find out whats happening, implement the fix/check for bug on all armor.

If this bug exist on axis Pz it will not be noticed. Using allied small caliber guns killing high tier axis armor, they do it on a regular basis so no one will react like I did on this kill.

(documenting and reporting a bug)

it's just kill stealing. back when i first started i stole a few panzers from ATR's (was shooting at the view slits).

is rampant in the air game too, tail gunners can bb a fighter and steal a kill after dieing.

it happens often with squishes, especially SMG's that go for long range kills but only get 1 hit. there's soo much inf play nobody really notices though.

3 hours ago, Hardlead said:

Yes indeed its is.

This is so obviously "impossible" so may be a bug is at work.

The question and my recommendation to the rats, is to find out whats happening, implement the fix/check for bug on all armor.

If this bug exist on axis Pz it will not be noticed. Using allied small caliber guns killing high tier axis armor, they do it on a regular basis so no one will react like I did on this kill.

(documenting and reporting a bug)

Get on the training server and test it out. 

If you can't replicate it, just chalk it up to an ingame or stats bug.  

Nothing if perfect, it happens, but if you can replicate it, do it and send the results to the Rats. :D

4 hours ago, monsjoex said:

CSR indicates so far by 2c:

1 kill on american sherman 76
1 kill on french sherman 75
2 kills on char B1bis
1 kill on matty

It is a lot to throw on a "stats" discrepancy. And although the 2c can perfectly kill these tanks if their driver hatch is open.. 5 kills is a lot hmm.

But, it's not just a kill .... he said it Brewed up, and that should not have occurred from 20mm HE. And I too have also died to 20mm in allied tanks ... not just one crew member, but the whole vehicle goes up in flames. It should be noisy, not lethal.

<S>

17 minutes ago, snappled said:

But, it's not just a kill .... he said it Brewed up, and that should not have occurred from 20mm HE. And I too have also died to 20mm in allied tanks ... not just one crew member, but the whole vehicle goes up in flames. It should be noisy, not lethal.

<S>

Depending on what Allied tanks. 

20mm AP will wreck a13s. Stuarts are vulnerable from the flank and side of turret.  Both crusaders but the mark3 is harder. 

Also, when a 232/p2/flak30 fire AP at you, your view is that it's HE, because 3rd person views can't differentiate between AP and HE. Everything seems like HE, unless the thing firing at you has only AP as a loadout, like the pan for instance. 

As stated above, firing HE, and ET "brew up".....

Its up to the rats to evaluate this info, Im just repporting the actual experience.

it was a explosion from 1km away. no way he knows he was the one that killed it, especially with the 2cm gunsights.

lots of explanations, kill stealing, armor or round bugged out ignoring armor, guy despawned and got explosion MIA. maybe one or both of you just played too long and the game started acting funny.

there's enough noobs spawning 2cm tanks with no effect to rule out the 2cm overperforming. there are a grand total of 18 kills on American armor, with 1300 deaths. 72 french sherm kills and 7600 deaths.

5 hours ago, Hardlead said:

As stated above, firing HE, and ET "brew up".....

Its up to the rats to evaluate this info, Im just repporting the actual experience.

you are reporting your perception of events. 

Its a WTF? moment. 

If you come across a WTF moment, test it in the training server to see if it can be replicated.

I imagine it could be stats awarding a kill incorrectly, while the tank in question was killed in another way.

Despawning can also cause a tank to pop its top, if its had enough damage to crucial parts

5 kills doesnt seem extreme to me, considerign the thousands of encounters between the 2. open driver ports prolly to blame on all

Kidd27 is right in suggesting without knowing everything that happened when the event occurred it's difficult to only come to the conclusion that the kill awarded flamed the tank, even though the stats are perhaps indicative of that.

The kill and the explosion could be unrelated events.

Maybe you got lucky and lit a fuel leak, that can happen right?

Maybe it is a bug... Anyway gj! :)

The matty, churchills, shermans all have a driver hatch that pops the drivers head out of the tank, if you so chose. I see then driving around a lot with the driver popped out rather than staying buttoned up and using the scope. A rifle can kill the driver and a driver kill is a critical hit=kill on the tank.

Now as to brewing up it coulda been another unseen tank/atg/sapper that actually brewed the et.

Well I managed to penetrate a Sherman 76 with a pAk 36 from the front made his engine smoke ( kill credit ) but he was still fully operational in gunner speaking terms.   I saw 2 of my rounds just go right through him which was odd initself. My humble opinion as of late a few wonky things are going on in the Armor warfare side of things .  Getting blown up in a Tiger by a Dac is silly  too . No matter how close he gets that 2pound gun should not be able to penetrate the Tigers armor at any distance .

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

I saw 2 of my rounds just go right through him which was odd initself. 

What u see as rounds, are just "art" , they dont represent the actual "round" being fired and calculated for penetration.

This also contributes to reports of being shot through a wall.

So if it is just "art "are you telling me my round that I fired is not what I see in the tracer form?

I know I can't direct another guy onto target cause what I see differs from what he sees.

But when I shoot I very much go by what my tracer shows me , so the hit point and penetration is of vital importance.

Edited by dre21

11 hours ago, dre21 said:

Well I managed to penetrate a Sherman 76 with a pAk 36 from the front made his engine smoke ( kill credit ) but he was still fully operational in gunner speaking terms.   I saw 2 of my rounds just go right through him which was odd initself. My humble opinion as of late a few wonky things are going on in the Armor warfare side of things .  Getting blown up in a Tiger by a Dac is silly  too . No matter how close he gets that 2pound gun should not be able to penetrate the Tigers armor at any distance .

i got killed a few days ago behind cover. the predictor code is probably acting up, getting shot at in weird places too like their aiming for something else there's a few hits missing or extra after despawning too.