Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

RE: LAG, INFANTRY LAG, INFANTRY DEATH LAG, CRS WTF PREDICTOR CODE GRR!!! - MEGATHREAD

dm79

• Free Play Account

yesterday's hot fix

???????????????

Edited by Pittpete

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• waver25

• snappled

• sydspain

Lag/Rendering is the main problem in game. Its most notable when I come up against the grease gun. I see muzzle flash and smoke but no ei by the muzzle flash until the death screen comes up. Will Steam players tolerate this? CRS should put 100% of its effort towards fixing this problem. Put all the new toys and modeling on the back burner until the lag issue is fixed. The predictor, while an improvement at first, has since deteriorated and/or become corrupted making the infantry game almost unplayable. If I did a .report/bug on every instance, I'd be doing constant reporting and very little playing.

I agree with gaveling 100%. Nobody is begging for new equipment. Fix the lag, fix the lag, fix the lag.

Since the last update the death lag has been much worse. Prior to that it was bad but tolerable. Really bad since newest update. 

• CORNERED RAT

We will be replacing some very old hardware in March and we will evaluate what happens after that ...... That being said WE WILL HAVE A VERY EXTENDED DOWN TIME DURING THIS HARDWARE REPLACEMENT    

More info to come!

On 28/2/2017 at 2:26 AM, zathrasb5 said:

I agree with gaveling 100%. Nobody is begging for new equipment. Fix the lag, fix the lag, fix the lag.

Since the last update the death lag has been much worse. Prior to that it was bad but tolerable. Really bad since newest update. 

+ 1000

Just wanted to update everyone and to let you know that this is still a top priority for us. Things are certainly progressing.

Netcode3 (what we're calling it right now) which is our UDP implementation went into initial Alpha Testing this past weekend. The Alpha team will be spending some time generating some feedback and and running some testing for the development team throughout the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With that Alpha testing besides just looking at coding and response times in milliseconds with server update info are you going to load test it.

I know live load testing in alpha can be hard but  to really see where hardware and software blow bug farts is in those situations. 

Also I have noticed and I was talking to my squad about this concerning FPS.  I can get different FPS looking at the ground over a wall over a tank and at the sky.

Could it be that different quality graphics in area + player considerations+ random crap is causing some of the errors as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. So ... netcode3 is out with the release of 1.35.8...

but wait CRS, you haven't turned it on...wtf?!

We'll be releasing a 1.35.8.1 hotfix this week and be taking our time again with enabling netcode3. Once the patch is out we'll probably enable netcode3 some 24 hours or so after the patch and after we're confident things are stable. This will help us isolate any server issues if things go wrong once we turn it on.

The DEV team was able to nail down the issue that cropped up during last Tuesdays test on the live server. We've already gotten some very positive feedback from our Closed Beta Testers who shall remain anonymous (although some post quite frequently in this very forum and are ermmm..rather vocal).

It's coming!

Netcode3 has been deployed, and with it we anticipate a marked improvement related to infantry lag, infantry death lag, infantry warping, and infantry jitter. We also expect to see a general improvement related to all "death lag".

I'm going to close this thread, but I have it bookmarked for reference. At this point , I'd like any observations post netcode3 deployment to be placed into their own threads for the sake of tracking. This thread has become a bit of a moshpit and was originally a mix of posts combined into one.

My stick will remain at the top of this forum. With a link to this thread. You can easily quote a topic from here by clicking the share button on any post and copying/pasting the URL into your own post.

S! 

• waver25 locked this topic