Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Morris Coasting Bug is still Not fixed

krazydog

This bug was supposedly "resolved" in patch135.6.3 (Bug thread item 752), but it is not fixed.  I tested it again today during intermission: 

Results:  I was still able to coast a Morris in neutral gear on flat road for 5 KM with the engine off. 

I tested it twice - once from Kalmthout to Wuustwezel, and once from Roosendaal to Etten Leur.  

This distance is slightly better than last time I tested it before patch 135.6.3  (when I was coasting it for about 7-8 kms).

But this distance of 5KM coasting  is still about (3 times) further than any Axis vehicle can coast right now.  That just can't be right.

This is an important topic - Coasting with engine off is used a lot by drivers when setting FMS spawns.

Please look at this issue again and fix it.

Thanks

Edited by krazydog

Can this be something weight related? Hatch mentioned that a lot of the early vehicles have their mass all in the middle instead of spread out over all the different components.

I notice that if I stop on a small elevation to set a FMS then the morris always slowly turns (even if I hold the breaks) until it is facing the downslope direction.
Luckily it doesn't seem to block FMS placement anymore (before with the fru you had that if you turned 5 degrees the placement was not accepted), but still something weird going on.

@krazydog The changes to the Morris are definitely in-game and the coast was significantly reduced. QA has identified an issue where the Morris frequently slides on uneven terrain when in idle or neutral, even with the break engaged. If you're suggesting that the coast on the Morris is still not optimal. I'd encourage you make a post in the suggestions forum to that respect with some more ideas on what optimal should be. As always, your feedback is appreciated.

If a Morris can coast 5 KM that means a driver can coast it all the way from a FB to the attack along a flat road.  It should be obvious to you guys it still needs fixing.

I reported it here because this is a bug that need fixing (not a  suggestion).  So I will keep my comments in this forum.  I really hope you guys will take another look at it.  Thanks.

Edited by krazydog

11 minutes ago, krazydog said:

If a Morris can coast 5 KM that means a driver can coast it all the way from a FB to the attack along a flat road.  It should be obvious to you guys it still needs fixing.

I reported it here because this is a bug that need fixing (not a  suggestion).  So I will keep my comments in this forum.  I really hope you guys will take another look at it.  Thanks.

How do you coast? Just engine off or?

Edited by monsjoex

@krazydog After some testing , the average on road coast distance appears to be roughly 3.75km ,  the average off-road cost is about 1.5km.

So yes, it's still a bit long perhaps, assuming you're on road and on flat terrain. It seems the issue at hand is not that a change has been made, but rather, what the "right" coast distance should be. 3.75km is a bit long for on road I agree. While 1.5km off road puts it right in range of the Laffly.

Here is a picture of the coast distance for all trucks prior to 1.35.6.2. Note the significant change in the distances we have now versus pre 1.35.6.2.

road.png

offroad.png

On flat road you can coast it for 5 km (in neutral gear).  It used to be worse like 7-8 km).  So I never said it didnt improve some, but its still alot more than other vehicles can coast right now.

obviosly the distance can vary depending on hills, and yes of course the coasting distance is much less off-road.  But a good driver will exploit the hills and roads when possible and like I said they can technically coast all the way to town from fb range making no noise.  Thats why I think its still a bug.

cheers

• CORNERED RAT

Wonder if the road tiles play into it - maybe they can up the drag/friction a bit on road to that acceleration isn't affected much, but when the throttle is released the truck will slow.  Though looking at the screenshots above there is definitely something odd with the Morris

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the diagrams, all things being equal the only variable is the vehicles themselves , quite obviously the morris is behaving strangely

Edited by goreblimey