Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Blocked in at FMS

PITTPETE

• Free Play Account

Someone placed a sandbag PPO too close to the rear of the FMS...It was very difficult spawning an aaa/atg and trying to maneuver passed it. I kept getting caught up and flipping. 

Is there a way to destroy a friendly sandbag? Is there a limit to how close another PPO can be placed to the FMS?

• Free Play Account

I was shooting it with an AAA gun while stuck inside the FMS. At least 15 rounds. Does it take much more?

Post 1.35.6.4 it's much harder to destroy PPOs with HE rounds from most vehicles HE satchel is your best bet by far. This is one of the reasons even some PPOs can be destroyed by friendly fire and also why single-bolt rifleman are now all equipped with a single HE satchel.

• Free Play Account

With the sandbags being so close to the FMS would it cause damage to the FMS?

So i have to spawn infantry, try to blow up the sandbags, despawn and then respawn as a gun?

Will 1 satchel take down a sandbag?

@Pittpete Fortified Mobile Spawns , Urban Mobile Spawns, and the ammo cache are exempt from friendly fire damage. So you do not have to worry about causing damage to the spawn point. As for it taking one satchel , that sounds right.

Some people in this game have a PPO fetish, badly. 

Just placing them EVERYWHERE. It's insane.  

Last map I had to spend 10 minutes clearing a path out of town to get a freaking opel out.  

• Like 1

• Free Play Account

I hear ya bro..It was an obstacle course trying to get out..I was flipping over having to deploy and undeploy...I was cursing up a storm...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pittpete said:

I hear ya bro..It was an obstacle course trying to get out..I was flipping over having to deploy and undeploy...I was cursing up a storm...lol

I just ran into this at Givet. 

Allies built a FRU (ha yes I still call it that) and totally surrounded it with PPOs. No way you were getting an ATG out. These dolts were busy building tons of these things.  Only problem is they were so busy building PPOs they forgot to defend the actual FRU. 

Ran right by them while they had their shovels out, took out the FRU and shot them after. 

13 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Allies built a FRU (ha yes I still call it that) and totally surrounded it with PPOs. No way you were getting an ATG out. These dolts were busy building tons of these things.  Only problem is they were so busy building PPOs they forgot to defend the actual FRU. 

Ran right by them while they had their shovels out, took out the FRU and shot them after. 

LOL.

15 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

You destroyed an FMS and killed them... ah crap.... guess the axis engineer is up for a nerf...