DAGGER

Help spread the word of WWII Online!

24 posts in this topic

Can you help us grow the game and help make a bright future for WWII Online?

Grass roots recruitment starts now! Help us let people know about our game! 

Get your own supply of cards to hand out to everyone you know! $5 for 100 cards + shipping. 

We chose these cards because they're highly portable and will help us gather more people to the game!

The small cost of these cards is only to cover the printing. 

Email xoom@playnet.com, send us a message here on the forums, or on Facebook if you're interested!

S!

16387294_10154361014981275_8356227772180 

1 person likes this

Howe about a closeup of the card?

I am interested in getting a pack.  

11 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Howe about a closeup of the card?

I am interested in getting a pack.  

Go here: 

That's the same photo, noob... How about taking a close up for the people.

also make a digital version: pdf, gif, jpg so players/fans can attach/embed in email and social media accounts.  put dload button on main page of site and forums. 

1 person likes this

I'm a small time streamer and been considering streaming this game (if I can wrap my head around how it all works... game is a bit complex, though I had fun so far!)

Maybe a bit of streaming can help spread the word as well. While my channel is small I have a lot of players who have a genuine interest in WW2 games (e.g. Heroes & Generals, Days of Infamy, Days of Wars and others). I'm sure quite a few would be interested in this game too when they realize the scale and potential of it.

1 person likes this

I hope to have a Chinese card, I can distribute to the Chinese players

S! 

Keep up the good work guys!

Our greatest advocates are our community! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you spread the word!

On 2/7/2017 at 1:37 AM, ghroznak said:

I'm a small time streamer and been considering streaming this game (if I can wrap my head around how it all works... game is a bit complex, though I had fun so far!)

Maybe a bit of streaming can help spread the word as well. While my channel is small I have a lot of players who have a genuine interest in WW2 games (e.g. Heroes & Generals, Days of Infamy, Days of Wars and others). I'm sure quite a few would be interested in this game too when they realize the scale and potential of it.

There's no doubt streaming would help. Stream away dude! Let us know if we can help you with it.

I would love to hand out some promotional cards! The more soldiers the better! The more subscriptions, the higher chance of new and improved content!

I will start streaming gameplay as well to help get the word out for you guys! Im still building my new rig or I'd be playing now :D

On 01/02/2017 at 2:02 AM, XOOM said:

Go here: 

On 01/02/2017 at 2:39 AM, DAGGER said:

That's the same photo, noob... How about taking a close up for the people.

Wait what?

Did I really saw a Rat insulting another Rat of Noob?

Was a duel made in honor?

On 5/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, kuronyra said:

Wait what?

Did I really saw a Rat insulting another Rat of Noob?

Was a duel made in honor?

in WWIIOL noob no longer means what you think it means, n00b!

In another thread, I posted a challenge to players.  Get out to other sites and post information about WWIIOL.  Spread the word.  Invite others.  Make noise.

I posted to the following forums, for the opening of Campaign 138.

combatsim.com
simhq.com
ww2f.com
ww2aircraft.net
a2asimulations.com
warofrights.com (War of Rights)
robertsspaceindustries.com (Star Citizen)

Here's the poster I used.  Feel free to copy it and use it on other boards or websites.  Just remember to play by their rules and only post in appropriate forums.

qhInbOX.jpg

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

WOW...  Thank you, gang.  I guess having you guys as a community/online family makes me really spoiled.  I recently posted to the Off Topic forum at bbs.hitechcreations.com, the forum for the game Aces High.  To say they were rude and immature would be an understatement.  A couple decent replies were overshadowed by childish "my game is better" and "your game sucks" posts.  Some guy said if someone had posted such a thing to HIS forum (He doesn't have one, btw.), he would delete the post and ban the user.  Now, this is the same forum which has posts about World of Tanks/Warships/WarPlanes, Arma, and other milsim (and I say "sim" with tongue firmly planted in cheek)  games.  Of course, no one takes exception to THOSE.

SO, if you have a chance to go to the forums there, or to play the game Aces High, definitely think twice.  No...  On second thought, think a lot more times than that.  They are THE single most rude and childish group I've run across in 25 years on the internet.

S! Thanks again for being such a great community!

-Irish

1 person likes this

On 2017-06-08 at 8:00 PM, odonovan1 said:

WOW...  Thank you, gang.  I guess having you guys as a community/online family makes me really spoiled.  I recently posted to the Off Topic forum at bbs.hitechcreations.com, the forum for the game Aces High.  To say they were rude and immature would be an understatement.  A couple decent replies were overshadowed by childish "my game is better" and "your game sucks" posts.  Some guy said if someone had posted such a thing to HIS forum (He doesn't have one, btw.), he would delete the post and ban the user.  Now, this is the same forum which has posts about World of Tanks/Warships/WarPlanes, Arma, and other milsim (and I say "sim" with tongue firmly planted in cheek)  games.  Of course, no one takes exception to THOSE.

SO, if you have a chance to go to the forums there, or to play the game Aces High, definitely think twice.  No...  On second thought, think a lot more times than that.  They are THE single most rude and childish group I've run across in 25 years on the internet.

S! Thanks again for being such a great community!

-Irish

That's what happens when a game's reputation and playerbase hit rock bottom many years prior but was never allowed to die.

I am actual rather hesitant doing advertising. What I do is talk about this game or any game I play in other forums and mention it, but to not overdo it and make it sound like a commercial. You can only explain or show what this game is about and then everyone needs to make up their own mind.

And some small Youtube videos which noone will ever watch :P

One reaction was: "And for that €8-15 a month, no thanks!" Another: "Seems you crawl a lot behind bushes and such? You have to be very patient in the game?"

On "Long walking again if you die." I got a reply saying: "This reminds me of Operation Flashpoint."

I mentioned the overall strategic part of the game. One response was: "This sounds like Planetside*." If you explain the concept of HC the response was rather positive.

*don't know what that is, the website is not very informative on its concept.

Edited by disi

Just stream on twitch.tv when You play the game and answer questions of viewers.

Folks, PCGamer just had a 'best of' list online today:  Most historically accurate games

Commenting that WWIIOnline should be on the list might help.  1 new guy was recruited (at least) on the basis of one comment.  More would help.

S!

Massivelop.com is one of the best news sites about MMOs in general imho because they also cover lots of niche and indie titles. If You want to get a really extensive and complete overview and news coverage about all existing MMOs so far its the place to go. Just...WWIIOL wasn't covered there!

It just happened last week that they asked the readers which MMO-titles could make it to 20 years. So I wrote a comment telling them about WWIIOL and it going into its 17th year. And asked them to cover WWIIOL. I'm not sure and I can't claim if it was because of my comment but

today this news appeared on their website! :)

Just did some youtube browsing-----Searching for 'wwiionline recruitment videos', or 'wwiionline unit videos', or even just 'wwiionline' garners some distressing results:  COD WWII videos, Red Orchestra videos, and so on, are now intermingling with WWIIOnline vids, and most of the wwiionline vids are pretty dated.

Perhaps, when posting vids to Youtube, wwiionline folks should find a way to pop a 'COD' into their titles....