• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Dagger

Help spread the word of WWII Online!

33 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2017 at 4:37 AM, ghroznak said:

I'm a small time streamer and been considering streaming this game (if I can wrap my head around how it all works... game is a bit complex, though I had fun so far!)

Maybe a bit of streaming can help spread the word as well. While my channel is small I have a lot of players who have a genuine interest in WW2 games (e.g. Heroes & Generals, Days of Infamy, Days of Wars and others). I'm sure quite a few would be interested in this game too when they realize the scale and potential of it.

Best way i've described it is a bunch of Company of Hero's battles happening at once, in first person, that you could fly too... even drive to. High Commands are the RTS clickers.

Edited by biged88

Since I'm no longer with the Marketing team, it seems no one is stepping up.  There have been no news articles about either WBS or Fall Rot on any of the milsim websites and there has been no posting about the game to any other games' forums ("other games" or "off topic" sections).  There has also been no Community Report in the past six weeks.

A huge opportunity is being missed, by not publicizing the game.  We can't get new players if they don't know about the game.  Even if they do know about it, they're more likely to come try it if they're exposed to it on a frequent/regular basis.

-Irish

1 person likes this

HAve you ever thought about advertising to the military???  I was in the army when I started and that is the reason why I got involved.  You would attract players that would work together and even start units with their real-life units.  Maybe putting a leaflet or sell a box with a card in it with 3 months premium gameplay for $29.99 jsutas an example at the PX.  Maybe attract more flyers if you advertised to Airforce, many of those soldiers just play video games in their off time anyway, it s huge market with valuable players that would help lead this game in a better direction.  They would take charge and lead the civies around like a unit.

PC Gamer has a facebook post up asking 'which other games deserve comebacks'--------------it is essentially bragging about no man's sky making some improvements, but it would be nice to see some more posts from fans of WWIIOnline in there.  It might get us a re-look from pc gamer, or at worst might make some folks curious and give the game a try.

S!

There is some sites, which might need a little attention. One is an indian gamers site, where I haven't found WWII Online advertising/review etc. India is such a big country and in such unfortunate timezone, that some additional players from there could be good to the game.

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/forum/52-games/

And two next is russian sites, where is themes about WWII Online, but they need some refreshing info.
If someone have access and have skill, can add lacking info there.

http://www.redorchestra.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=55236

https://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t812955

Edited by lemkeh

The more folks we have supporting this effort across the community, talking up WWII Online, the better off everything is going to be.

This is an absolutely great and proven way to help the game. Don't assume that one individual cannot have an impact to improve things around here.

Initiative and desire to proceed will be the big take away.

S!