saronin

FBs to Friendly Towns

10 posts in this topic

One of WWII Online's greatest gripes since day one has been how fast towns get camped.  Have we ever thought that it might be a good idea to open up the friendly FBs from near by towns to give defenders more places to spawn from?  Think about it.  If you have multiple FBs to a friendly town then the enemy has to essentially find a way to camp all those spawn points at once.  It would give defenders more spawn options and probably take the battle into the field a bit.

With the new FMS do we have more options now. Maybe we need more variarity on this matter for heavier equipment.

If so should it in my opinion be limited with how far from the origin such a spawn point can be placed. Maybe a FMS for heavier equipment (whole spawnlist?) can't be placed more then 1000-1500 from the origin (FB or AB). And when two FMS for heavy equipment is placed can't a third be built. The two can be relocated, or a third can be built after one of the two is destroyed.

yes the key here is to get quality equipment from somewhere other than a camped AB.  Especially hard if you are trying to get a high visibility 88 out of an AB, even in the early stages of an attack.

9 hours ago, Sparre said:

With the new FMS do we have more options now. Maybe we need more variarity on this matter for heavier equipment.

If so should it in my opinion be limited with how far from the origin such a spawn point can be placed. Maybe a FMS for heavier equipment (whole spawnlist?) can't be placed more then 1000-1500 from the origin (FB or AB). And when two FMS for heavy equipment is placed can't a third be built. The two can be relocated, or a third can be built after one of the two is destroyed.

I see what you're saying Sprarre but the FBs are already in game and are a good short term fix.  The used to open up from friendly town when a HAAC was put up so I know it can be done.  I'm just saying they should be put up the minute and AO is placed.

Well the solution I talking about is to get spawnpoints outside the CP but not beyond the enemy FB attacking the CP. The FB is located 2000-4000 meters from the CPs. My syggestion was to place a heavy spawnpoint 1000-1500 maximum from the origin. It could also be designed so that only defensive objectives can be the target for these PPOs. Like ABs, Depots, AF and docks belonging to the originate CP. And a max range from these defensive buildings should then be somewhere betwee 1000 and 1500 meter.

My suggestion is aiming to have heavy equipment being spawned outside a CP and creat alternative defensive strongholds helping to defend a CP. If it can hold will it also help an camped AB since the defenders can attack their CP from the outside. These spawnpoints has no use for when you attack (unless there are no FBs between the CPs. The offensive FBs is still the preferable spawnpoints when you set up an attack.

Point is, lots of fights will be moved outside the towns. But one or two heavy spawnpoints like this is enough as alternatives defense points for the ABs and depots in the CP.

8 hours ago, Sparre said:

Well the solution I talking about is to get spawnpoints outside the CP but not beyond the enemy FB attacking the CP. The FB is located 2000-4000 meters from the CPs. My syggestion was to place a heavy spawnpoint 1000-1500 maximum from the origin. It could also be designed so that only defensive objectives can be the target for these PPOs. Like ABs, Depots, AF and docks belonging to the originate CP. And a max range from these defensive buildings should then be somewhere betwee 1000 and 1500 meter.

My suggestion is aiming to have heavy equipment being spawned outside a CP and creat alternative defensive strongholds helping to defend a CP. If it can hold will it also help an camped AB since the defenders can attack their CP from the outside. These spawnpoints has no use for when you attack (unless there are no FBs between the CPs. The offensive FBs is still the preferable spawnpoints when you set up an attack.

Point is, lots of fights will be moved outside the towns. But one or two heavy spawnpoints like this is enough as alternatives defense points for the ABs and depots in the CP.

Got it. However, that solution would take a lot of dev time. Opening up FBs should not. 

9 hours ago, Sparre said:

So you advocate having a magic tunnel system from a town that's being camped in order to spawn the list outside of town.

Interesting.

If done, the FB should pull supply from the rear town not the AO'd town.

I like that idea and suggested it along with others years ago. One problem is you could have 3 FBs up and things could get out of hand for the attacker fast.

5 hours ago, Pittpete said:

If done, the FB should pull supply from the rear town not the AO'd town.

I like that idea and suggested it along with others years ago. One problem is you could have 3 FBs up and things could get out of hand for the attacker fast.

Absolutely the supply should come from the rear town. I get that it could turn out tough for the attacker but that is the bonus of having three friendly towns.  There is also nothing saying that since the FBs are up all the time that they can't be dropped like a normal FB in attack prep.   Just like what often happens in no mans land battles.

On 2017-02-09 at 3:08 AM, vasduten1 said:

So you advocate having a magic tunnel system from a town that's being camped in order to spawn the list outside of town.

Interesting.

Well you need to be able to get a truck out from the camped AB. If you can pull that one off isn't the AB really camped, right?

What I'm talking about is defenders who prepares the defense and sets up these heavy spawn points before the town is camped. And it would be impossible to move the spawn point unless you get a truck out from the CP. And by then will these heavy spawn points be camped too, or blown up.

Edited by Sparre