• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
ghroznak

[I'm a noob] Some questions from a noob...

34 posts in this topic

Hi, dirty stinking Allied High Command or shining beacon of wholesome Axis-kicking goodness here, depending on your POV.

Allied Comms-

Side channel- chatty, casual, but often more watched and responded to then others (expect some shooting the breeze off topic conversations though)

Ops channel- serious ground

30- Naval channel

33- Squad leader channel, in use part of the day and not others

55- Air channel

The most commonly used channel is Target, that picks up all people tuned to Target and on missions pointed to the same target- so for defensive missions that would be the town being defended (typically a DO or 'defensive order/objective', for attacks that would be the target town or AO or 'attack order/objective'. 

In the case of an AO the spawn or start town can be one of many, but the target channel will allow comms for all missions on the same AO.

Several people like using Mission, which only goes to people actually on that mission.  Keeps the Target/Side/Ops channels clear of local fight info, sometimes helpful doing things 'quietly'.

My typical Allied channel bar is something like

Side

Ops

Target

Mission

Squad

I'll typically drop Mission for 33 if that channel is in play.

In addition, High Commanders have a separate text comm system that shows in Blue Text- so if you get ahold of one HC player, he can quickly relay important information to the whole command.

There are also SYSTEM messages, those are coming from RATS (the colloquial collective name for the makers of the game), and .ALLIED/.AXIS messages, coming from HC players.

Be sure to try out both sides of the game, if not now then later.  If you stick with one side, you are only playing half the game, and it is very enlightening to actually operate enemy equipment and see what the game looks/plays like from the other side.

And a LOT of fun killing your friends and twice as annoying being killed by them.  And you will get a new appreciation for what a lot of players on your 'main side' do that might not be visible to you normally until you are shot by them.

Yes, join a squad, get on TS, and then you will see what the game really is.

11 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Hi, dirty stinking Allied High Command or shining beacon of wholesome Axis-kicking goodness here, depending on your POV.

Yes, join a squad, get on TS, and then you will see what the game really is.

Thanks, appreciate the detailed feedback :D

Was playing yesterday with 3 of my friends. We don't use TeamSpeak anymore though after we started using Discord (https://discordapp.com/) . Being able to freely set up text channels and as many voice chat channels we want at zero cost and no need to have a TS3 server hosted, IP/address stored or mess with passwords made TS3 redundant for our part.

I may still look into it though if I get more heavily involved with the game. For now though I'm having fun together with my friends.

Storytime... feel free to skip :)

Had great fun yesterday when we all spawned at the FB to attack some Bumville town (Boxtel maybe?). I spawned an Opel Blitz and the 3 of them jumped in and off we went. Drove for about 10 minutes and then I hit a bump in the terrain which sent the Opel flying through the air... and everyone fell off the truck... I didn't notice so I kept going and left them all behind. Oh well... they were halfdead and bleeding out anyways.

So I drove off to within 1km of the town and I set up an FMS (yey for learning things in tutorials), then despawned the Opel and respawned as a rifleman. At that point my friends who survived being catapulted out of the Opel had been trying to catch up and they found an allied armored car who was machinegunning the town.

We then decided to attack the armored car (we were all riflemen with K98s). My friends first tried to shoot the commander who was unbuttoned. But despite multiple shots at fairly close range we were unable to kill him... either that or he died but the character was still rendered as being unbuttoned? Not sure. He still stayed in position though so I threw a smoke grenade off to the side, followed up with a frag nade to get his attention. And it actually worked. After the boom he started machinegunning into the smoke while we were crawling closer on our bellies.

As we got to within 200m he unfortunately saw one of my friends and promptly deleted him from the equation, then drove off towards the smoke I had placed and drove into the smoke and stopped. Which meant he was right next to me. I managed to crawl towards him and I tried, at like 50m range, to shoot the commander again but yet again even with the sights directly on him and covering the sight I saw no sign of killing him... ???

But since I shot my gun he became aware of me and started to look around... when his turret was obviously going to face me, I started sprinting towards him, but he started shooting and I fell down... he turned away, probably thinking he had killed me (and I thought I was dead too), but I wasn't dead! So I managed to get up and run up to the armored car and put the HE sprengladung thing on the side of the armored car... then ran off and with a giant BOOM...

... nothing happened... car was still intact, and then he machinegunned me to death for real.

I guess I should have placed the HE charge on his engine... or tires... lesson learned.

However... it was really fun trying to sneak up on that car, distracting him with smoke, communicating together when he moved and warning eachother if he was getting too close. Sure, we failed at killing him a few times, we got shot dead several times, but in the end we did get him :)

In the end... we had a great time... despite being catapulted off the Opel, gunned down, failing at blowing him up several times and all that stuff. And having a great time is what matters :)

1 hour ago, ghroznak said:

Thanks, appreciate the detailed feedback :D

Was playing yesterday with 3 of my friends. We don't use TeamSpeak anymore though after we started using Discord (https://discordapp.com/) . Being able to freely set up text channels and as many voice chat channels we want at zero cost and no need to have a TS3 server hosted, IP/address stored or mess with passwords made TS3 redundant for our part.

I may still look into it though if I get more heavily involved with the game. For now though I'm having fun together with my friends.

Storytime... feel free to skip :)

Had great fun yesterday when we all spawned at the FB to attack some Bumville town (Boxtel maybe?). I spawned an Opel Blitz and the 3 of them jumped in and off we went. Drove for about 10 minutes and then I hit a bump in the terrain which sent the Opel flying through the air... and everyone fell off the truck... I didn't notice so I kept going and left them all behind. Oh well... they were halfdead and bleeding out anyways.

So I drove off to within 1km of the town and I set up an FMS (yey for learning things in tutorials), then despawned the Opel and respawned as a rifleman. At that point my friends who survived being catapulted out of the Opel had been trying to catch up and they found an allied armored car who was machinegunning the town.

We then decided to attack the armored car (we were all riflemen with K98s). My friends first tried to shoot the commander who was unbuttoned. But despite multiple shots at fairly close range we were unable to kill him... either that or he died but the character was still rendered as being unbuttoned? Not sure. He still stayed in position though so I threw a smoke grenade off to the side, followed up with a frag nade to get his attention. And it actually worked. After the boom he started machinegunning into the smoke while we were crawling closer on our bellies.

As we got to within 200m he unfortunately saw one of my friends and promptly deleted him from the equation, then drove off towards the smoke I had placed and drove into the smoke and stopped. Which meant he was right next to me. I managed to crawl towards him and I tried, at like 50m range, to shoot the commander again but yet again even with the sights directly on him and covering the sight I saw no sign of killing him... ???

But since I shot my gun he became aware of me and started to look around... when his turret was obviously going to face me, I started sprinting towards him, but he started shooting and I fell down... he turned away, probably thinking he had killed me (and I thought I was dead too), but I wasn't dead! So I managed to get up and run up to the armored car and put the HE sprengladung thing on the side of the armored car... then ran off and with a giant BOOM...

... nothing happened... car was still intact, and then he machinegunned me to death for real.

I guess I should have placed the HE charge on his engine... or tires... lesson learned.

However... it was really fun trying to sneak up on that car, distracting him with smoke, communicating together when he moved and warning eachother if he was getting too close. Sure, we failed at killing him a few times, we got shot dead several times, but in the end we did get him :)

In the end... we had a great time... despite being catapulted off the Opel, gunned down, failing at blowing him up several times and all that stuff. And having a great time is what matters :)

Good to see you guys are having fun.

What kind of armored car was it? a green[ British-Daimler armored car] or brown [French-Panhard]  ?

Both have diffirent "sweetspots" were you should place your shatselcharge.there are some sapper movie guides out there-and hopefully Parasit,s printable sapper guides are still around,you realy want to uptain those .

Both armored cars can be killed with a rifle...The DAC has a driver hatch which has to be open when driving.you can shoot the driver in the face when the hatch is open.The pan you can kill by shooting [UPCLOSE] into the "driverslit" on the left side when looking at the pan from behind.You wont see anny effect when doing this but it works ,*SMG never worked for me btw [odd]

The Anti Tank Rifle is also very capable of killing both armored cars [and some other ET,s] If you know were the crew and vulnurable spots are.

*The commander was ded probably but he wont disapear afther he died

Here are two links to guides i once made,perhaps there are some spots shown that perhaps wont work annymore [but it will give you some ideas about how sapping allied tanks works]

Sapper guide

ATR guide

Enjoy...

Here is a link to "some" of our old [crapy] AAR & Guides movies  -------:>Watch at own risk---:> Strong Axis [And very bias] flavor inside :P 

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrtijn1/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

S!

Edited by koopman

29 minutes ago, koopman said:

Good to see you guys are having fun.

What kind of armored car was it? a green[ British-Daimler armored car] or brown [French-Panhard]  ?

S!

It was a brown one, so I guess a Panhard.

We probably did kill the commander then cause I shot him like 5 times at really close range (his torso and head literally covered my entire front sight and then some on my K98).

What does killing the commander do though? Does it impair the vehicle somehow like not being able to unbutton and look around?

I'll look into those sapper videos. I had a lot of fun crawling up on that vehicle. It was exciting and knowing where to hit them would of course make it even better. Not sure what rank I need to be to be a sapper though. Currently rank 2.

We also ran into another armored car later on, but that one we marked on the map then threw a smoke grenade next to it and told everyone in the Target chat that there was an armored car west of the town, marked with smoke. Didn't take long and one of our Pz III's rolled up and wasted him. Teamwork like that was pretty awesome too :)

2 hours ago, ghroznak said:

It was a brown one, so I guess a Panhard.

We probably did kill the commander then cause I shot him like 5 times at really close range (his torso and head literally covered my entire front sight and then some on my K98).

What does killing the commander do though? Does it impair the vehicle somehow like not being able to unbutton and look around?

I'll look into those sapper videos. I had a lot of fun crawling up on that vehicle. It was exciting and knowing where to hit them would of course make it even better. Not sure what rank I need to be to be a sapper though. Currently rank 2.

We also ran into another armored car later on, but that one we marked on the map then threw a smoke grenade next to it and told everyone in the Target chat that there was an armored car west of the town, marked with smoke. Didn't take long and one of our Pz III's rolled up and wasted him. Teamwork like that was pretty awesome too :)

Killing the commander,cripples the tank ,not being able to hear or see around sucks for tankers,,tracked tanks are renderd almost useless when you keep dropping smoke nades to blind them.smoking tanks gives away their possition...if they deside to move,others can hear them move about,dropping smoke nades to blind camping tanks is nice too...Like you allready found out,recon and marking ennemies can make  huge diffirence to the teameffort,recon is fun and productive especialy if you are part of a team and when other players respond to your effort--:>calling out EFMS trucks inc to an FB,,,Spotting leaving planes around AF,s,calling out ET,s that move about during attacks&defences ,can do alot of damage to the other side and can be very rewarding...

When we say get on teamspeak, we mean the CRS teamspeak server. Many squads on both sides use that as their main communications. You will learn tons from the people on there.

I'll look up the addresses later for you.

Little tip/trick next time you come up to an armored car ,place your HE charge inside the wheelwell once the charge goes off it will blow the tire from the axle making him rather imobile.

Also when u shoot the commander he is dead unfortunately in game he does not slump over or fall back into the armored car, but trust me Tankers hate it when the commander dies,  Our situational awareness gets cut in half.

Like others have said you can also kill both drivers Dac and Pan with rifle. Dac /gray greenish looking armored car the driver is exposed ,after u kill the driver ( again no death animation) aim just over the shoulder of him you should score hits on the gunner then too. 

With the Pan / brown looking armored car get close to the front and aim at the window your bullet will punch through the glass killing the driver , do the same aim at different spots on the driver window and with a bit of luck you will hit the driver too. 

The game TS server is.

ts.wwiionline.com:9977

Password is - playnet

I believe at least that's what it is I'm going off my book where I have stuff written down and I can't check the actual TS right now. If wrong someone will correct me.

Google  parasit sapper guide and click images  on the Google task bar and you will get both sapper guides Axis -Allied save them on your PC and print. Yes you do have permission to do so they are not copyright protected, Parasit has made them so we can use them for the game. I know I used to be his squad mate.

Also Heat satchel charges are for destroying Tanks and only Sappers have them.

The regular HE charges will have no effect on Tanks besides the armored cars in the wheelwell area, you can try to put it on the driver slit too ,with a little luck you will score a kill .

Edited by dre21

On 2/9/2017 at 1:26 AM, ghroznak said:

That's a lot of the game in a nutshell, learning lessons and taking a shot at solving a problem.

The other responses have gone into all sorts of pertinent detail so I won't rehash other then to say you did 'win' in a sense, losing the commander really makes an armor vehicle closer to blind and impotent.

The FMS can spawn light anti tank guns, I don't know if you can, but if you could you could have spawned a gun and had a chance to destroy him outright.  Or, you might have pointed him in the direction of your FMS- always wheels within wheels for how this game plays out.

Different Panny drivers would behave differently in that situation- for instance I would never drive TO the smoke, maybe through it to run over someone that may be hiding there, but making me blind when my advantage is to use gunner optics to spot and kill you isn't helped by smoke.  This is a very personal human game, and there are always surprises.

The most dangerous hunt is against that animal called man- I expect you have been finding that out.