Viggen

WIKI that players can contribute to

12 posts in this topic

The current wiki seems to be outdated and full of links that leads to non-existant pages.

I think we need a community wiki, that players can edit, and fill with game tips, help and info.

2 people like this

I was going to ask if the wiki was outdated.

I looked up the Engineer where it says Engineer has satchel charges and such... but when I play my rifleman I also have access to satchel charges... so was Rifleman and Engineer merged?

Seems the Wiki can't really be trusted..

The rifleman have been given 1 satchel to be able to blow up sandbags and anty tank trap.

I think that's a good idea Viggen. There is some information out there in the deep which is dtill viably useful though there definatly has been changes etc.

I would be interested in pitching in.

I guess you missed the below message on the homepage of the wiki?

Wiki Editing

This Wiki is being maintained by the WWII Online community, it requires a user account before being able to make any changes. PM or email me if you are interested in making edits.

Keeping the wiki up to date is a full time job. I spent many hours getting it back running from the previously dead version but I do not have the time to go through and update everything to where it needs to be nor do I know all of the information. If you have the drive to go through and update information, PM me for an account. I was a bit bummed how few people actually asked for an account to contribute. Everyone seems to be quick to judge but when it comes time to contribute, they don't.

I've started updating the infantry weapons for the British.

Edited by oxford09

Yep, sorry I did miss that info that you could apply for an account. Nvm this thread, and sorry if I sounded judgy.

I'll help with the wiki as well.

• First we need to update all outdated information/screenshots on it, this will be helpful because then we can direct any Steam ppl that wants help with the game to our up to date Wiki page :) .
  • After that it would be nice to add a player guide section, for ATR/Sapper/ATS spots on tanks e.t.c. 
  • A page where all current information about the campaign settings are shown. Things like resupply timers, FMS build time, FMS damage threshold, how many charges needed to take down a FB, max SD setting and so on.

Sent you an pm @SNIPER62.

Edited by maxios

This is essential for Steam launch and needs to be front and centre for people to use as a resource.

When I started in EVE a few years ago, you can imagine how big the learning curve was in terms of jargon, values of elements and things like that. Understanding things like wormholes would have been impossible without resources like Evewiki and Eve University. The thing to remember with them is that they're logical to people now. They understand the format and the categorisation. The more that good players contribute to these articles and they show new players the way forward tactically and in vehicles especially, the more successful it will be.

S! to those contributing.