Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slovski

Discord FAQ

1 post in this topic

This will be a list of FAQ in regards to operating Discord.  If you need further assistance beyond this post please try:  Discord "HELP" Guide: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us

Question: How do I set up my Press to Talk key?

Answer: In the bottom left corner of the Discord server you'll see a cog that says User Settings.  You will click on User Settings and it will bring up the User Settings page.  On the left hand side you will see several options and you need to choose "Voice".  Once you have clicked on Voice you will see an area that allows you to select your "Input Mode".  You can either choose voice activity or Press to talk.  If you choose Press to talk it will also give you the opportunity to choose the key you wish to select in order to activate voice communication.  

Discord_5.png

PTT.png

Question: How do I assign my input and output device?

Answer: In the bottom left corner of the Discord server you'll see a cog that says User Settings.  You will click on User Settings and it will bring up the User Settings page.  On the left hand side you will see several options and you need to choose "Voice".  Once you have clicked on Voice you will see an area that allows you to select your output device and input device.  It will also allow you to change input and output volume. 

Discord_5.png

Input.png

Question: How do I enable overlay?

Answer: In the bottom left corner of the Discord server you'll see a cog that says User Settings.  You will click on User Settings and it will bring up the User Settings Page.  On the left hand side you will see several options and you need to choose "Overlay".  Once you have chosen overlay it will bring you to the overlay settings page.  There will be an option to enable in-game overlay and you need to choose that option if you wish to use overlay in game.

Discord_5.png

Enable.png

Question: How do I get overlay to work with WWIIOL?

Answer: First, make sure you are logged into WWIIOL.  In the bottom left corner of the Discord server you'll see a cog that says User Settings.  You will click on User Settings and it will bring up the User Settings page.  On the left hand side you will see several options and you need to choose "Games".  Once you have selected "Games" you  will see a list of games that are available for overlay.  If WWIIOL is not there, don't worry, we'll set you up.  There will be a section that says: "Not seeing your game? Add it"  Please click this and you will be provided with a down arrow.  Click on the down arrow, and if you are logged into WWIIOL, you should see it as an option and you will click it.  Once completed you will see a check box next to WWIIOL that will show "overlay" and you will check the box.

Discord_5.png

Game_Key.png

add.png

complete.png

Question: How do I set Discord to how I am playing WWIIOL?

Answer: In the bottom left corner of the Discord server you'll see a cog that says User Settings.  You will click on User Settings and it will bring up the User Settings page.  On the left hand side you will see several options and you need to choose "Games".  Once you have clicked on Games the tab will appear and you'll see different options.  At the top of the page is the option "Display currently running game as a status message".  You will click this option and your status message will appear as whatever game you are playing at the time.

Discord_5.png

status_message.png