Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madeuce65

RANKING UP: Point Incentives / Rewards for Level O-5 (Lt. Col.)

4 posts in this topic

For battle-hardened veterans in the game (and those seeking to become them) I'd like to see the point system revised to reward players who have achieved the terminal field rank of O-5 (Lt. Col.) with 'special abilities.'  Currently, the accumulation of points beyond this rank serves no purpose...so why not create a system of abilities that can be unlocked and awarded to players to reflect their advanced warrior status.  I'm not talking Superman stuff here -- just some incremental abilities that would give these players a slight advantage commensurate with their experience.  These might include:

- Increased stamina (i.e. - longer sprinting ability for Inf. / Decreased redout / blackout for Pilots.

-Decreased rifle / pistol wobble.

-Special multi-crew ability (basically, the ability to actually rotate / take over for critically injured or killed crew members on ATGs, Armor, Ships, Bombers, etc.

-Range finding ability for Inf. binoculars. NOT as accurate as  ATGs, Ships and Tanks -- just something in the ballpark to aid / approximate a player's ability to quickly range targets without having to look at the map.

-Increased stealth Ability for Inf (i.e. - decreased audio range for sprinting, crawling or moving in crouched position)

-Tactical emotes (hand-signals) for Inf. (less typing for anyone NOT on Discord).  Just for fun.

-Small repairs ability for Tanks, Ships, ACs, HTs and Trucks...a thrown track, busted wheel,  smoking engine, whatever... (read MINOR DAMAGE ONLY)...perhaps on 5 to 10-min timer (depending on the kind of damage (Devs, have it!) and under set conditions, i.e. (ALL crew members must be alive at 100% health).

Again this system would be incremental and strictly points-based, so HC members (ranks C-1 through C-9) would still have to earn the required number of points equal to the rank of Lt. Col. in order to start unlocking abilities.  Whatever the rewards / incentives, I think the benefits to the player base are pretty obvious: keeping the points system exciting and relevant for all current and future O-5s, of which there are already MANY in the game.

How about adding camo to vehicles, uniforms, guns, etc.

Being able to put bushes on your vehicles for camo. Maybe camo paint for face and hands. etc.

Little things, niceties.

I wouldn't favour rank earning abilities that improve combat effectiveness. You're then giving the most experienced players even more of an advantage. This must remain the game where a day 1 player can kill the enemy CinC

But I desperately agree that the rank system needs an overhaul. 

1 person likes this

I would agree with Silky on the combat efficiencies and think a "something little" would be great... !

A Good Point for discussion !

Cheers,

private116  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0