gavalink

Good video about the panzerfaust

5 posts in this topic

As a constant proponent of the panzerfaust, I was happy to run across this video. Now my question, If the panzerfaust took a good amount of skill and was dangerous to the user, why do I see photos of children and old men (Landsturm) carrying them and presumably using them?

Because millions of Panzerfausts have been produced. Even the latest modell of february 1945 was produced at about 100.000 times. So it saw wide spread usage. Especially in local ambush style attacks which was the only thing the Volkssturm was supposed and somewhat able to perform. If you ask why to give children and old men something that is potentially dangerous and might not be put to a good use - you should rather ask why to put them into an allready lost war against a trained army in the first place.

my only criticism is his logical leap to "highly skilled" as a requirement to manage the panzerfaust's back blast. come on .. this is rudimentary level recognition. it does NOT take an expert to manage any aspect of this weapon. other than that one little nit twas a good video.

Yeah, good stuff and a lot of bad jokes I really like.

Edit: Arming the thing and fire it might not be too complicated. Hitting a moving tank and survive the reaction of his buddys might be.

Edited by vanapo