Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yozzi

RYZEN and WW2 Online

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to play WW2 Online more often than I do currently but I have an old system and the fps drops in populated fights are making it unplayable for me.  I'm investing in a new system very soon and I'm tempted to go with the AMD's new Ryzen cpu.

Do we have any early RYZEN adopters playing the game?  If so, how is the performance?  Does the game make use of multiple CPU threads or does it just like more ghz?

with these new amd cpus there is no wrong choice for CPU. intel is still best for gaming but these AMD cpus are more than capable of 2160p @144hz with g/freesync which ... at some point frames just stop mattering.

On 7/03/2017 at 2:43 PM, OHM said:

I have been using AMD for decades with no issues

It's ok Ohm, we don't hold it against you. :)

I actually use an AMD FX8350 Black Edition CPU and zero problems. It runs at 45º Celsius more or less....   Seeing the price differences between Intel and AMD, AMD seems much more competitive for the "standard" gamer.

Nearly 100% of my CPU's has been AMD and never have had any problems (my first AMD was the k7 Athlon XP+ CPU.... year 2001)

S!

(Sorry my english)

Edited by kase250
miss spelling

Looking to upgrade myself soon, considering Ryzen, maybe waiting for the 4 cores to come out as I'm waiting on the new Vega GPU release to, roughly the same time I think, Iv'e been with intel forever, but willing to give AMD  a try, give intel a kick up it's complacent butt.

4 CPU makes sure the OS, antivirus and what not are out of the way.  But WWIIOL is not a true multithreading game, so more then 4 is a waste.

It's all about the fast cycles, get that Ghz up.

Intel provides value for its dollar with it's architecture, CPU keeps fed with that cache.  AMD should work fine though, just don't settle for 2 Ghz blah.

I used an AMD and it worked great until it became obsolete.  My new one is an Intel.  

As for FreeSync.  In this game... Not worth the extra money from what I can tell. 

Edited by lipton

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/17-development-notes/16260-roadmap-2017

64 BIT GAME APPLICATIONS

We're currently working on allowing modern hardware to do its magic by increasing the CPU and Memory capacity. Our game applications since inception have been 32 BIT. This is in progress as we speak and is definitely a Steam pre-requisite. Users can expect much better client side performance and rendering.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0