• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
gerzerk

Motion sickness

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

since I switched six years ago from my CRT to a TFT, I can't play anymore as Infantry, because of getting motion sickness. Tanking and flying works fine. I had never any problems with any game I played so far.

Anyone experienced the same issues?

S!

Yes, I have always suffered this .... especially nauseating for me has always been the "head-shake" that informs you that an attempted movement or choice is illegal. For whatever reason movement in vehicles is also fine for me too.

<S>

I think vehicles are fine because the objects that move are further from you. If it isn't very strong, you can normally get used to it. Doing something like playing for only 30 minutes every day for a few weeks should alleviate the symptoms. Personally I did feel some simulation sickness when I was getting used to trackIR, but it went fully away. Likewise I feel seasickness when I go sailing into rough weather after a long time, but after a few days the problems go away.

58 minutes ago, Tigger6 said:

Isn't it because your new monitor is larger than the old one?

Doubt this is the case, I switched from 22" to 24", not much of a difference in size.

I'm getting a 21:9 34" tomorrow, let's see if it works better.

3 minutes ago, gerzerk said:

Doubt this is the case, I switched from 22" to 24", not much of a difference in size.

I'm getting a 21:9 34" tomorrow, let's see if it works better.

Could be both better or worse. I suppose you know but in case someone doesn't: simulation/motion sickness is caused by the disconnect between your sensory inputs. So you see yourself running around in a game, but your other senses and other part of your vision says you are sitting in a chair. Your brain decides you've probably eaten something really unhealthy that's causing it and tries to make you puke it out.

do you get a solid 30+ FPS? is your monitor set to 60 hertz at least?

also, input lag and/or micro-jitters (slow-fast-slow-fast) can give really bad headaches. only way to solve this one is a "gaming monitor"

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

do you get a solid 30+ FPS? is your monitor set to 60 hertz at least?

also, input lag and/or micro-jitters (slow-fast-slow-fast) can give really bad headaches. only way to solve this one is a "gaming monitor"

Didn't watch my FPS lately, but should be solid with a 1070. The display I'm getting tomorrow will have 100hz vs. my actual 60hz one, hopefully this will solve it.