Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Basic Training Issue

fujioni

Hi,

I would search the forum for possible solutions but I am informed that I do not have that option available to me, so apologies in advance if there is already a solution somewhere here.

As a brand new player, I created a persona, and started the  Basic Training.  I completed the HUD training and now ready to move onto the next open one "Basic Combat Training:.  

When I try to proceed, it notes on top to "Choose a weapon to spawn" yet no weapons are shown (except "unit" which is non-clickable.  
In the radio box, I see a message that I am currently not "in a sqaud", yet see no way to join one here.  

So, how to I proceed with the Basic Training?  What am I missing?

Thanks

THChess

type ".graduate true" if you are stuck in training. It will complete the training

bb

Also, go into offline practice mode and practice with all the weapons you're likely to use.  That will make a big difference, once you get ingame.

-Irish

• 1 month later...

Oh, and the "you are not in a squad" is because one of the default text chat channel is a squad channel.  After training, when you get into the live game and hook up with a squad (either for training or permanent membership), that will be where you will text chat with your squad mates.

-Irish

• CORNERED RAT

with regards to the unit issue - can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

As for the squad - don't worry about that one as training is solo.  you will be able to join up with one in game. 

• 1 month later...
  • CORNERED RAT
35 minutes ago, tlhansen said:

I am having the same trouble.    Should I just skip the training?   Why have it?

If you have not played before, I would urge you to go through the training. Many tips on weapons and especially in-game communication is vital for new players.

• 1 month later...
  • CORNERED RAT

A lot of changes to the Training Tutorials for the upcoming Steam release that will solve these types of issues. For now, just use ".graduate true" if you get stuck within the training tutorials.

On 3/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, odonovan1 said:

Also, go into offline practice mode and practice with all the weapons you're likely to use.  That will make a big difference, once you get ingame.

I strongly recommend doing this, and taking time to explore and map your controls to what arrangement best suits you
And then spend some time testing it so that when you pop into the live game you are not finding your self spending time fighting the controls.
You can map the controls for every unit in the game individually if you wanted to.
Mostly you will map the category as a whole, but sometimes it makes sense to mod an individual unit.
Like weapon switching is 1 through 0, and it switches them in the order the game has assigned the weapons.
If you are a sapper, you may decide youd rather have the satchels be 2 and 3 or something, so you can remap them for just the sapper without changing the rifleman having 2 being his grenades.

Offline lets you fiddle with all that at your own pace and test it out and change it until you are happy, so when your in game you arent worrying about the controls, just the guys shooting at you.