Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

I FOUND A RUDDER BUG (aircraft)

odonovan1

I don't know if this works on all planes, but I was just trying to set my joystick dead zones and range, while in offline practice mode.  Using the Hurri IIB, which I've had problems with in the past, I was able to map my rudder to very fine control.  All was well and good, but then I moved the joystick forward and backward (elevators).  Within a couple moments after I started giving elevator input, the rudder snapped to full right or full left, with NO other input from me.  This happened even though I was making sure the joystick was not twisting any more at all.  Even with minimal rudder input, and no extra twist, the rudder would snap full to the side every time.  I could then twist the joystick back the other way and the joystick would realign itself with the rudder input from the joystick.  That would explain the lack of control during turns.  I didn't have time to try it with the ailerons, but I will when I get back home and edit this post accordingly.

EDIT:  It doesn't happen with the ailerons moving, just the elevators.  Sorry it took so long to get back here, but my wife was in the emergency room.

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1