Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oxford09

Ideas for the wiki or improvements

9 posts in this topic

Ideas for the wiki or improvements 

need idears to get the wiki up to date and to put new stuff in for training new people 

hard to say, but it seems to me the wiki is too complicated. i can't find anything in there.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:58 AM, parasit said:

hard to say, but it seems to me the wiki is too complicated. i can't find anything in there.

the search feature doesn't work for you?

unfortunately the game is friken huge, that makes documenting it that much more difficult. Especially when you're doing it after the fact.

My first thought was, what wiki?

There's half your problem. How are players going to update and improve on something they don't know exists, or don't visit?

I had to go on to the frontpage and dig around to find it, and had trouble seeing any evidence of a wiki. I finally found a link is hidden at the bottom of the page.

I've put links to different stuff on the    Training forums to the wiki 

10 hours ago, rise27 said:

My first thought was, what wiki?

There's half your problem. How are players going to update and improve on something they don't know exists, or don't visit?

I had to go on to the frontpage and dig around to find it, and had trouble seeing any evidence of a wiki. I finally found a link is hidden at the bottom of the page.

We're aware of this and I'm currently working on a new website for WWII Online and that is one of the things we're trying to solve with it.

thanks for the input S!

I would also suggest letting players access it through an in-game browser. Then everyone would see it and be more likely to browse it.

There appears to be a large portion of players of MMOs who never venture onto the official websites or forums, so if it's not in-game or integrated into the game launcher then it doesn't exist to them. It's not something I can relate to, as someone who likes to search out and gather information on the games I play, but I've learned those kinds of players who never venture outside the confines of the game application not only exist but they may even be the majority.

League of Legends is a good example of an online game that has integrated all their news, updates, and content directly into the game browser. It's not just done for the convenience of the player, but I'm sure because they want to maximize their ability to reach their players.

Edited by rise27

Hi Oxford, 

Thanks for visiting the 91st chat channel the other day.  I think your initiative is a good one. 

I just added a new thread to this forum called "91st Basic Training Guide" - it has a link to our training guide which we made available to the public.

Check out the thread, if you want to add our guide to your Wiki, then you may do so.

Cheers!

Krazydog

20 hours ago, krazydog said:

Hi Oxford, 

Thanks for visiting the 91st chat channel the other day.  I think your initiative is a good one. 

I just added a new thread to this forum called "91st Basic Training Guide" - it has a link to our training guide which we made available to the public.

Check out the thread, if you want to add our guide to your Wiki, then you may do so.

Cheers!

Krazydog

Added to the Player Made Guides ;)

@rise27 that's a topic of recent discussions, not sure when it will be added though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0