• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
bmw

1Q ending - how's 1.36 coming along?

16 posts in this topic

Since the 1Q is ending shortly and there was mention that it was going onto testing by then I was wondering how it was progressing?

Can we also get an update on UDP for infantry? It was briefly mentioned over a month ago that UDP was almost in test and since then there has been no update.

Hoping to have a pretty solid update this Friday guys, lots happening behind the scenes! Now that services seem to be stable and restored we can get back to our regular updates. S!

2 people like this

Training server is still down and webmap hasn't updated for a while... just saying. :)

2 people like this

On 3/29/2017 at 6:49 PM, holmium said:

Training server is still down and webmap hasn't updated for a while... just saying. :)

Working on it. Training server has light traffic, web map has more traffic than that, but we wanted to get our development servers back online first so we can get back to the important work of preparing for Steam.

We'll get those taken care of shortly.

1 person likes this

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, XOOM said:

Hoping to have a pretty solid update this Friday guys, lots happening behind the scenes! Now that services seem to be stable and restored we can get back to our regular updates. S!

How come I see planes slingshotting across the sky?

How come we still get lagggggg spikes.

I haven't seen this kind of lag issues for years and now we have retrogressed IMHO.

I am seeing more clipping too.

9 minutes ago, wstriker said:

That was a HUGE update!

The retextured hands will be nice since they are always on the screen when playing infantry.

Is 64 bit conversion still required for Steam? I didn't see it mentioned in the update. Besides a performance boost, what other benefits will we see (Ex. better looking textures, or the ability to render more stuff)?

43 minutes ago, rsix said:

Is 64 bit conversion still required for Steam? I didn't see it mentioned in the update. 

It's not a requirement for Steam. Our initial review suggested a possibility of this but further digging showed that it was not. It's a path we want to march down and really need to.

But who knows, maybe Steam will be so successful we'll be able to start working on 2.0 which by default will be 64-Bit from the ground up.

31 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Main website is really slow...Cant read the newest update.Just an FYI, tried multiple times

We are addressing that right now actually. It is in turtle mode, you never go full turtle.

3 hours ago, hellosim said:

Xoom thought the allies were getting a truck based SPAA but they get armour?!?! WHAT!

We have indicated all along it would be a a piece of Armor.

Here's the big take away: No hull gunner, no other capability that the Sdkfz 7 doesn't have. All good in the hood.

4 hours ago, XOOM said:

We are addressing that right now actually. It is in turtle mode, you never go full turtle.

Just ask Sean Penn...he went full turtle

12 hours ago, imded said:

How come I see planes slingshotting across the sky?

How come we still get lagggggg spikes.

I haven't seen this kind of lag issues for years and now we have retrogressed IMHO.

I am seeing more clipping too.

If you see one player slingshotting, lagging, clipping, particularly if other players close to you see the same thing at the same time, then it's that player's connection.

If you see multiple other players slingshotting, lagging, clipping, particularly if other players are close to you but aren't reporting the same experiences, then it likely is your connection or something else related to your client.