Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themouse

Tier based supply

4 posts in this topic

There is a lot of equipment that just doesn't get used on the allied side, especially  when the US comes in and brit and French numbers are vastly reduced. because the supply in a town is linked to the county that the brigade/division is from  (or as planed in the future HC will decide whether the town is Brit French or US) and so for example, brit brigades can often see very little action  and things like the brit 17 pounder or the Churchill become marginalised/unused shortly after their introduction unless you wish to drive from 10 towns back. I remember about 3 campaigns  back the allied were in a position that axis where in England, but the brits were not. and towards the end of this map the brits were in England but the fighting was in France. and while This currently doesn't effect the axis side, it will do when the Italians come in.  if you  prefer playing a particular persona  it almost becomes impossible.

If however Town supply was NOT set to nationality,  but instead just to class of equipment and left to the individual to decide which persona he wished to spawn in Town be it brit/French/US  or in the near future Italian/German so whether they spawned a brit with a Sten or a American with grease gun Town supply would decrease by one in that category. that way  people could always play the persona they wished with the equipment they prefer instead of it being dependant on the arbitrary choices that the High command make on were which nationality is placed or what town is attacked/defended.

Edited by themouse

I agree, they should probably mix supply, I like to use some British equipment over French, Mainly ATG's but rarely get the chance to use them.

It could also enhance the roleplaying aspect of the game if done correctly, as it could enable individual squads to identify with specific brigade identities without being limited to where they spawn.

Maybe you could allow mixed Nationalities to be available in one town, but you still need to fix the total quantity of equipment available for each weapon class  for each Nationality.

Otherwise side balance could be compromised.  People would just always choose the best piece of equipment for each weapon class - effectively doubling or tripling the best ewapon available for each weapon class.

----

edit:  maybe you are also suggesting maintaining fixed supply pool lists for each nationality in your original post, but I wasn't 100 pct sure if that is what you meant  when I first read your post.

Edited by krazydog

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0