GrAnit

What is your favorite area of the map?

17 posts in this topic

Zeelands and the Channel area for me.  I like that all three services are in play.

Old favorites are Huy area, Charleville and surrounding towns (had some of my al time great stug/88 missions there. Most Aesthetic area is the channel and Dover cliffs hands down.

The 2 AB towns with the AB's and Depot's  placed at polar opposites offer the best fights.     As for terrain I prefer the hilly areas around Bastogne and further east.

Zealands used to be back when thier was daily action thier, years ago, now my favorite part is the unfinished part.

The Meuse River towns, such as Haybes, Revin, Dinant, etc. Always a fun fight. 

I'm partial to the center.  Anything north of Brussels or south of Sedan is usually not to my liking.  

Anywhere that isn't Roosendaal, Breda, Tilburg, Turnhout. I hate that part of the map.   

4 hours ago, rodsantos said:

The Meuse River towns, such as Haybes, Revin, Dinant, etc. Always a fun fight. 

Is this the hilly area of the map (around the center part)?  If so, it's my favorite area.

I hate big city fighting.  It's nothing more then whack-a-mole. 

Edited by Baer

On April 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Baer said:

Is this the hilly area of the map (around the center part)?  If so, it's my favorite area.

I hate big city fighting.  It's nothing more then whack-a-mole. 

Yes, it is. With both sides vying for the bridges, and the hills adding a third dimension to the fight, at high pop it gets pretty intense.

Vliss down to Twerp to Grobb, Oost, Wuust, Kalm up to Willemstad and the rest of the Zees.. Can not wait for 1.36 to make the Zeelands and the rest of the north relevant again. 

Anywhere near an Allied Airfield. They do come in handy during the Axis roll. 

But to answer your question... The south side of the map. More rolling hills and forest.

Edited by lipton

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, Scking said:

Vliss down to Twerp to Grobb, Oost, Wuust, Kalm up to Willemstad and the rest of the Zees.. Can not wait for 1.36 to make the Zeelands and the rest of the north relevant again. 

Used to LOVE fighting in Willemstad... but for some reason its only defended by Navy brigs now with Infantry/armor attacking it so it switches hands with little more than a whimper.. and at times its just not defended  and softcapped or cut off. I personally have not fought there in 2 years or so... mb more.

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

Used to LOVE fighting in Willemstad... but for some reason its only defended by Navy brigs now with Infantry/armor attacking it so it switches hands with little more than a whimper.. and at times its just not defended  and softcapped or cut off. I personally have not fought there in 2 years or so... mb more.

Remember many times having half of Willemstad and trying to gain the other half or trying to regain the other half.. Some big battles there

1 hour ago, Scking said:

Remember many times having half of Willemstad and trying to gain the other half or trying to regain the other half.. Some big battles there

its a fight for the port or the Castle. The space between always had some awesome infantry battles there, There was ALWAYS a EFRU on the beach side with EI running down the hill to the Castle, always a DD fight for control over the port. Two airfields in decent range of town. Some of the best battles there. I think things will go back to that once town supply in.. one can hope. Be better to add towns N of the N river line to Hel and add 2 air fields in that area.

I still enjoy the original triangle.  Lots has changed in the area.  The mountains have grown up and the trees went from little seeds to nice looking trees!

Compared to the original beta days