Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

LAG CRAP all over again

imded

Ever since the last upgrade. We have had lag crap all over again.

Takes me back to 5+ years ago. Dying and the person hasn't entered the building yet.

And I was behind boxed in the bunker front door. TZ3 so not many on like at nite time would be.

HOW CAN YOU COMPETE in this situation?

250 squad taking big time advantage of this.

I am soo pizzed that I am thinking of leaving the game.

The lag issue was getting much better then whamo. We back to the same old crap of 5+ years ago.

FIX THIS SHIZEN

• CORNERED RAT

How does everyone else appear to you as you play?  Do they jump all over? warp?  Can you take a vid and post it so that other can see what you're seeing?

I have also seen a lot more instances of warping since they switched servers, it's not everyone else, it's random players friendlies and badies warping hither and yon... 

3 hours ago, B2K said:

How does everyone else appear to you as you play?  Do they jump all over? warp?  Can you take a vid and post it so that other can see what you're seeing?

In this particular situation. No jumping around, no warping. I die, then they show up. Happened 3 times this morning.

Typically when the 250 group is around, but not always.

Others also complained about it to. Its almost like a cheat code of some kind. I am not saying it is, but it resembles it.

And, when I get the drop on an axis. I shoot 1st, but I die. Sometimes the axis die too. But always I die.

This is up close and personal (short range). I see blood spatter. At least 5 rounds have hit the body of the axis in the chest with a Thompson,

before he gets a round off, no matter what weapon. The only time I got kills was hit him at long distance as a sniper or with a rifle and he doesn't

know where I am. If he sees me, as my name implies.....

It is too bad that the LAG ISSUE has returned with a vengeance after all these years.

2 hours ago, brady said:

I have also seen a lot more instances of warping since they switched servers, it's not everyone else, it's random players friendlies and badies warping hither and yon... 

omg!  Not hither AND yon!!

That's something I haven't had happen since the change. I have seen a couple airplanes bounce around though. I figured it was their connection.

I'm closing this thread now.

Please see this thread regarding Netcode3 and infantry lag.

@imded If it's worth anything, I can tell you that we are neck deep in testing netcode3 (UDP) at the moment, matter of fact we have a testing session this evening. It's top of my list and we're making some serious progress in terms of getting it out to you all.

• waver25 locked this topic