• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
brady

Sound stops working

13 posts in this topic

Hi-

so every now and then the sound just stops working in game and I need to reboot my machine to fix it.

yesterday it happened three time in a row in the space of 15 min...

thats rare howeaver typically it happens once or twice a week, I play most days.

ideas???

I feel your annoyance.

For me, some  vehicles have their sound rotated 90deg to the right, lol.  Can't figure out why.  

Brady,

Finally someone has my problem. It's not a good thing either! I've been all over Toms Hardware and many sites after I searched here. My problem is just like yours and ONLY for this game. 

Creative Z is my soundcard. Drivers are up to date. I had this problem even with the older drivers too (yes, did a clean install). I was frustrated and uninstalled the card and went back to the onboard sound. It just does not cut it. The power of the SBZ is so much better.

Anyway, the only answer is to do the reboots for now. I wish you luck cause I'm never in an RTB area when it happends;)

Do you guys have windows10? Do a complete uninstall of the Creative drivers. Check C:\Windows/System32/Drivers for your sound card drivers as well that there isn't any older drivers.  File cthda.sys which is a Sound Blaster driver, seems to be a problem for people. 

If you have windows10, let the Windows download the drivers for you if it finds them. If not, download the laters drivers and install. 

My machine is new, so everything's up to date, do I still need to completely redo the drivers ?

Do you use any kind of brand software like Razer Synclipse or Logitech Profiler?  ( What kind of headset do you use? )

I had a TON of problems with the Razer software because it can mute induvidual applications within the software itself thru shortcuts that you dont know exist.

IF you do, go into the Software, in my case Razer software, go to Audio settings and there you will find some kind of "Mute list" or something like that.

I have a Sony headset, and a sound blaster ZXR sound card, but afik I am not using any other software for sound management other than that for the sound card.

This happened to me the other day also. Lost game sound and Discord.

Reboot of machine took care of it.

Win10, Razor headset.

4 hours ago, imded said:

This happened to me the other day also. Lost game sound and Discord.

Reboot of machine took care of it.

Win10, Razor headset.

Ya,  but it happens to me randomly there's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes will be days, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours ...

6 hours ago, brady said:

Ya,  but it happens to me randomly there's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes will be days, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours ...

Read my earlier post (above) and do that. I don't know what else it would be. 

I guess if the next time this happens, go to Event Viewer, click the Windows Logs folder and then applications. Check it for errors at the time the sound issue happened and link the description. You can always check the whole list of Informaton/Errors etc and check if any of them are related to audio/soundblaster

Mv0QVhj.png

Edited by gretnine