Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Buggy Shadows

cobb0

• Free Play Account

I dont think anyone plays with shadows on high. This was one of the settings we squeezed more FPS out of.

Hmm. This is interesting. I don't play with my shadows on max and I haven't really ever noticed this but it's probably a thing none the less. It looks as though the shadows shake with your camera position. @OldZeke @tandel Any thoughts?

I play on high too, I see odd stuff now and then, but nothing that really annoys me or changes game play.

I'll try and keep a little closer eye on it to see if there is a pattern.

• Registered Users

Busy day here today, I'll look at it tomorrow.

On 4/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, Pittpete said:

I dont think anyone plays with shadows on high. This was one of the settings we squeezed more FPS out of.

I honestly can't tell the difference between any of the shadow settings - I've restarted the game, etc., switching b/w them, and they all look virtually the same.  One of these pictures is low and... one of them is high, I forget which was which. :P

tNa3tHv.jpg

z1bTEGM.jpg

Here's another video I took that's not on the frontline (so maybe less impact from other game elements).  Notice that the shadows glitch around when I am physically bumping off the terrain, vs. not glitching around (as much) when I'm on flat road.  It would seem that my character's movement affects how the shadows glitch.

4 hours ago, delems said:

I play on high too, I see odd stuff now and then, but nothing that really annoys me or changes game play.

I'll try and keep a little closer eye on it to see if there is a pattern.

Yeah, you get so used to seeing bugged stuff you kind of forget about it, lol.  With steam release being a plan, I'm trying to pay attention to stuff that incoming players would be like "lol they still haven't fixed THAT?!"

Edited by cobb0
added spoilers

Oops I guess I edited my post one too many times, just another quick note:
As infantry, the shadows stay stock-still.  It's only as the Pak or Flak that this occurred (infantry doesn't "bump" off the ground, but rolling ATGs and AA guns do, it seems), and I would assume, based on how vehicles "bump" off the ground, that it would occur in them as well.

Hope ya can fix it!

• Registered Users

Yep it's triggered by camera "shake". The more the unit jiggles up and down the more the shadows dance.

• 1 month later...

Yep, I agree with oldzeke. Camera Shake. I see this alot with graphics on low.