pvtpetey

patch last night

15 posts in this topic

what happened with the patch last night. I was told on discord that there was a system message telling users that the patch had been aborted...?

Unexpected errors (Automated patch deployment or something). Can't remember exactly what, but they did mention it in-game when servers came up. 

It was the Passover sacrifice. Don't worry though, the game has been saved. :lol:

Long story short, we went to put the patch out, and identified an issue last minute that would have prevented users from being able to download it. The issue itself was related to playgate and not the game client.

The development team already has a come up with a fix and it's now back in alpha testing.

Up until yesterday we would of never caught this kind of thing until patch time, matter of fact we didn't even have a way to test for something like this prior to all that collocation work last month! 

Now, as a result of the shenanigans from yesterday, and because we have additional hardware capabilities after last months collocation work, we've altered our testing environment and procedures for the future so that we're in a better position to test the entire deployment from soup to nuts internally before we deploy for all of you. This will let us catch those little things that have been slipping through the cracks with patches and such. We want the patch process to be as simple and painless as possible. You shouldn't have to go and re-download the full game and do a full install each time a patch is released. So that entire process is something we're planning to put through heavy QA going forward. Some serious kudos to @FRISBONE for setting up the new testing capabilities for the Quality Assurance team going forward.

5 people like this

when will we get rid of the playnet launcher? my understanding is this will be redundant with steam.

2 hours ago, pvtpetey said:

when will we get rid of the playnet launcher? my understanding is this will be redundant with steam.

Technically yes, but not exactly. People wouldn't be able to use their 2nd accounts if there wouldn't be a launcher (Would require two Steam accounts). Plenty of others games still use their own specific launchers as well. Regarding your question, i'm pretty sure RATS have said it already that the launcher will stay. 

Edited by gretnine

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, "Shenanigans."

2 people like this

ed3b42db3bf75152cc664d98046ec56b_right-m

9 hours ago, skers said:

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, "Shenanigans."

?

2 people like this

Waver's explanation was spot on. We do the best we can gents, sometimes these things have issues and we have to figure that out right at the last minute.

But we're learning and are now capable of rolling back in the event of an emergency, this is good and hasn't always been the case.

We're no doubt making progress, and sometimes in order to march forward we have to bust down a couple of barriers, or do a tactical retreat to regroup and consolidate.

Team is doing great and each of these instances we learn more and get better.

Thanks for all of your understanding and support, we really couldn't ask for much more. - Okay back to work!

S! 

"2 steps forward, 1 step back" is still moving forward.  

S!

Edited by capco

6 hours ago, B2K said:

ed3b42db3bf75152cc664d98046ec56b_right-m

?

S!

Littering aaannd... Littering aaannd...