livingmeme

Questions about F2P Update.

5 posts in this topic

I'm glad to see that the game is preparing to enter steam, truly a milestone! However, I have questions regarding the F2P update.

1. F2P accounts are referred to in here a few times as "Rifleman Only" accounts, does that mean that the basic SMG, (like the Mp34, which I remember being able to use despite being F2P) are going to be made unavailable to F2P accounts? Will this also apply to the Infantry vehicles, such as AA?

2. There's some reference to a 1 month premium for those already F2P, which I think is a great addition, however, it also says once it's up, you'll revert to the "Rifleman Only" account again, I was wondering, does that mean we lose all progress in ranks, specifically the ones you can only get while premium? If this is the case, I was wondering if F2P accounts could keep the ranks and equipment they earned, it'll encourage them to play more, might even bring back some F2P players who got bored of the standard equipment.

20 hours ago, livingmeme said:

I'm glad to see that the game is preparing to enter steam, truly a milestone! However, I have questions regarding the F2P update.

1. F2P accounts are referred to in here a few times as "Rifleman Only" accounts, does that mean that the basic SMG, (like the Mp34, which I remember being able to use despite being F2P) are going to be made unavailable to F2P accounts? Will this also apply to the Infantry vehicles, such as AA?

2. There's some reference to a 1 month premium for those already F2P, which I think is a great addition, however, it also says once it's up, you'll revert to the "Rifleman Only" account again, I was wondering, does that mean we lose all progress in ranks, specifically the ones you can only get while premium? If this is the case, I was wondering if F2P accounts could keep the ranks and equipment they earned, it'll encourage them to play more, might even bring back some F2P players who got bored of the standard equipment.

1. Just guessing here, but I think all F2P accounts will be elevated to premium status for one month, which means any rank you earn will unlock new equipment during that month (no restrictions other than rank needed).

2.  In the past, my F2P account was able to gain rank during the promotion, but as soon as the promo ends, your equipment access is reverted to standard F2P.  It seems that I was able to keep the rank points I gained though, meaning if I decided to make that account premium, I think it might have picked up my rank where I left off?  Not 100% sure about that either.

I am hoping that F2P will adopt the same principals as other F2P games in that Prem accts will revert to F2P once sub has expired and limitations be applied accordingly...This is my only real issue with F2P atm, I had to make a new acct to see how the game is coming along without subbing for a month since main acct is locked out having been prior prem status. Maybe the 1 month of premium is a public test to see if the acct successfully reverts back once premium status is finished, as of now I've heard only what the wiki says in that its "not possible" to revert from premium to f2p and keep ranks/stats...not sure why.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:11 AM, skol88 said:

I am hoping that F2P will adopt the same principals as other F2P games in that Prem accts will revert to F2P once sub has expired and limitations be applied accordingly...This is my only real issue with F2P atm, I had to make a new acct to see how the game is coming along without subbing for a month since main acct is locked out having been prior prem status. Maybe the 1 month of premium is a public test to see if the acct successfully reverts back once premium status is finished, as of now I've heard only what the wiki says in that its "not possible" to revert from premium to f2p and keep ranks/stats...not sure why.

Far as i know the $7.99 account will revert to F2P, but the premiums will not.
That could be wrong or could change but that is how it looks now

On 4/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, livingmeme said:

1) f2p accounts will be riflemen and trucks with the ability to capture.  Only.  

2) The period for the f2p upgrade began 1 May and ran for a month.  New accounts will have a 2 week trial period before going to rifle only.  A person will keep whatever rank points they earn, but rank will be capped at whatever the max is for subscription type.