• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
lutenint

The TZ3 Dilemma

85 posts in this topic

Is there any other fun things that could be created that does not involve capturing towns? Or at least in an environment where capturing cps or towns is greatly reduced? (maybe not stopped completely?)

5 hours ago, capco said:

If, by shutting down the server in TZ3, you could somehow guarantee that we'd net more American and Euros who would subscribe in TZ1 and TZ2 than the subs we would lose in TZ3, I would make that call.  

It's impossible to be sure about that unfortunately.  I think it's highly likely, but even if it were true, it would take time for those subs to build in TZ1 and TZ2.  Meanwhile, you'd instantly lose all your TZ3 subs.  You'd have to market the news heavily to bring back those players turned off by TZ3 rolls in order to make up for the difference ASAP.  

Or, direct intervention - CRS pays or subs 4-5 players to play a side and role of their choosing, eg if a side is grossly underpop, they defend a town 

Costs them 4-5 subs and mitigates this issue without artificiallly distorting the game 

So let me see if I have this right. In order to 'fix' TZ3, the idea is to punish the TZ3 players... who pay for their game like TZ1 and TZ2 players. Punish, restrict, freeze, ban, and reduce gameplay. Yeah, that sounds fair. I'd love to see something like this being countenanced in the other time zones. Guys, the power of the majority does not mean they are free to trample on the rights of the minority. Find another solution, one that promotes TZ3 gameplay and encourages more players to play in that TZ, not one that punishes some of the already low numbers in the game. How about something on Steam aimed specifically at TZ3?

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, lemur01 said:

So let me see if I have this right. In order to 'fix' TZ3, the idea is to punish the TZ3 players... who pay for their game like TZ1 and TZ2 players. Punish, restrict, freeze, ban, and reduce gameplay. Yeah, that sounds fair. I'd love to see something like this being countenanced in the other time zones. Guys, the power of the majority does not mean they are free to trample on the rights of the minority. Find another solution, one that promotes TZ3 gameplay and encourages more players to play in that TZ, not one that punishes some of the already low numbers in the game. How about something on Steam aimed specifically at TZ3?

Exactly, why should my timezone be punished because it's low pop. Are these guys saying my TZ3 builder account is worth less than their TZ1/2 builder account? Are my donations worth less than theirs?

14 minutes ago, holmium said:

Exactly, why should my timezone be punished because it's low pop. Are these guys saying my TZ3 builder account is worth less than their TZ1/2 builder account? Are my donations worth less than theirs?

In that same frame of logic are my dollars worth less because I live in a more populated zone and fights are actually a thing? The argument is low pop basically determines maps which a literal translation is your subscription is almost "pay to win" in the frame of logic you're proposing. Because regardless of effort and skill involved with capping towns during populated times your time zone just walks past AI and caps the towns with zero effort. I think that's more abhorrent then trying to find another solution for low pop TZs because as far as it is right now your TZ is what's breaking the game.

3 people like this

17 minutes ago, holmium said:

No.. I think they are saying that your TZ3 builder account is not worth 10 TZ1/2 regular accounts or 3-4 TZ1/2 builder accounts.. Its business and not personal. Comes down to money loss and simple math. If TZ3 players attribute $500/m to the game and TZ3 issues risks losing $1500/m worth of TZ1/2 revenue for the game, it would be a bad business decision to cater to TZ3 players. Obviously you would need to work out the best compromise for all TZs but you can't just ignore the problem.  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Scking said:

No.. I think they are saying that your TZ3 builder account is not worth 10 TZ1/2 regular accounts or 3-4 TZ1/2 builder accounts.. Its business and not personal. Comes down to money loss and simple math. If TZ3 players attribute $500/m to the game and TZ3 issues risks losing $1500/m worth of TZ1/2 revenue for the game, it would be a bad business decision to cater to TZ3 players. Obviously you would need to work out the best compromise for all TZs but you can't just ignore the problem.  

It's a 24/7 game, not a 18 hour game with a 6 hour intermission.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, holmium said:

I agree with you. But there should be a compromise of some sort. I would hope you actually see that there is a problem? I would love to hear some ideas from TZ3 people as to some of the fixes they think could prevent these low population rolls. 

They don't want a fix. They obviously  enjoy fighting AI and rolling maps. Why else would you log in to play a game with no enemy to fight?  

The logic escapes me. But they pay their sub just like you or I do.  I disagree with locking TZ3. That is just  Liberal thinking.

Edited by lipton

32 minutes ago, lipton said:

They don't want a fix. They obviously  enjoy fighting AI and rolling maps. Why else would you log in to play a game with no enemy to fight?  

The logic escapes me. But they pay their sub just like you or I do.  I disagree with locking TZ3. That is just  Liberal thinking.

AOs were a fix for TZ3. I'd be happy to have more people to shoot but I'm a paying customer, I don't work for CRS nor their marketing team. I pay my sub and play the game when I get home from work, just like alot of people here do. The only difference, is I'm not in TZ1 or TZ2.

@lipton I know you're a troll, but who "rolled" last map? It wasn't Axis players. My stats seem to indicate that there are enough people to kill during TZ3. I didn't know AI awarded kills? In fact, I've played considerably more than you have this map... Why aren't you playing more now that your team isn't winning?

2 hours ago, holmium said:

^ This

and again ... come and play in TZ3. see how allies still fly with planes while they get rolled on the ground. sometimes there are even more planes in the sky than players on the ground.

magically this thing is no problem when allies are rolling. then suddenly the allied players log in fine and daily in TZ3 plus the sideswitchers.

you guys are trying to force CRS to do something by not logging into game. telling everyone that the TZ3 kills the game :D

ive seen many many campaigns when TZ2 was more like WW1 trench warfare. over days no town caps in that TZ. no one was able to cap a town. stuck at river line. that was the most boring phase ive ever seen/experienced.

1 hour ago, lipton said:

...Why else would you log in to play a game with no enemy to fight?  

Maybe because that's the time zone they live in? And let's not forget that being in TZ3 affects both sides. Both sides have reduced players and it sometimes goes down to just 2 or 3 players to suffer a considerable SD on one side and THAT actually makes it harder for the OP side.  From what I've seen the gains made during TZ3 are more due to well led missions and better communications than they are due to just numbers.

1 person likes this

i am new at game and i can see that nobody is play when i am on in evening. that is 1600 and time three. 

some people upset when nobody to play but they do badly. if game stop when my zone is play i cannot play and i already would not pay  this.

these people want to shut game off for my game time so they dont loose game haha that is gebroni and weak like girl

Edited by farquar69

the game says big mmofps annd it really 20 people when i on

not big wwii game but look like silly wolfenstein with no peoples play and crash why? no game ask months pay but this ask month pay. why

make more sense if war cut to time pieces and area focused on in place in map with balance like other game with pay one time and buy thing like squad chest or striek

9 minutes ago, gavalink said:

How about a marketing campaign targeting regions whose TZ3 is their local prime time?

This!

Edited by krazydog

3 hours ago, gavalink said:

How about a marketing campaign targeting regions whose TZ3 is their local prime time?

The reason why TZ3 is the lowest pop of the three TZs isn't because it was poorly marketed or not at all.  It's simply because there are fewer potential players in that TZ than in the Europe and American TZs.  

If CRS were to target any specific TZ for an increase in players, financially TZ3 would make the least sense, since that would net the lowest amount of players per dollar spent on marketing.  

14 hours ago, holmium said:

@lipton I know you're a troll, but who "rolled" last map? It wasn't Axis players. My stats seem to indicate that there are enough people to kill during TZ3. I didn't know AI awarded kills? In fact, I've played considerably more than you have this map... Why aren't you playing more now that your team isn't winning?

I wouldn't call him a troll but his side bias is blinding at times..On the other hand TZ3 has always been a problem. I believe it's easier said then done trying to organize an allied group to oppose the Axis squads during that time period. Wasn't the last map an allied victory because WHIPs went allied?

4 hours ago, capco said:

The reason why TZ3 is the lowest pop of the three TZs isn't because it was poorly marketed or not at all.  It's simply because there are fewer potential players in that TZ than in the Europe and American TZs.  

If CRS were to target any specific TZ for an increase in players, financially TZ3 would make the least sense, since that would net the lowest amount of players per dollar spent on marketing.  

I am not so sure I agree with this logic.  There are more countries in TZ3 than just Australia  and New Zealand.

South Korea, Japan, Taiwan for example have large online gaming communities - many know some English too.   (China does too but China has country firewall issues I think). 

How many gamers in these kind of countries even know about Battleground Europe?  Not many at all I believe.

Edited by krazydog

18 hours ago, holmium said:

Really? That's your response? I play Allied. ONLY Allied. I've been defending against the Axis horde for 14 years. I don't run when the numbers are not in our favor. Which is the majority of the time.

If you were to look at my stats (which I never do) you might notice that I've probably played more this map so far than I usually do. 

Why son't I play more you might ask? Because I'm 55 years old. I have a real life with a wife and kids and a job and .... you get the picture I hope. 

I usually play 1 night a week. Tuesdays. That's our Squad Night. So you might wunna know what the hell you're talking about before flapping those rather large gums. lol

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, lipton said:

Really? That's your response? I play Allied. ONLY Allied. I've been defending against the Axis horde for 14 years. I don't run when the numbers are not in our favor. Which is the majority of the time.

If you were to look at my stats (which I never do) you might notice that I've probably played more this map so far than I usually do. 

Why son't I play more you might ask? Because I'm 55 years old. I have a real life with a wife and kids and a job and .... you get the picture I hope. 

I usually play 1 night a week. Tuesdays. That's our Squad Night. So you might wunna know what the hell you're talking about before flapping those rather large gums. lol

you play once a week. others play on a daily basis.

when you have your squad night you mostly capture towns ... quite a few every time so far.

so you want the other side to be punished because they negate your progress from squad night within a few hours too ? well they play more ... A LOT MORE than you. this is a 24/7 game. everyone can log in when he wants to.  everyone can decide which sides he wants to play to even is there a SD. every side has its basement of players who are fully dedicated to their side => hardcore players.

axis had a super effective squad night every sunday and wednesday too until a few years ago. when KGW and other squads left the game. should axis refuse to play too then ? :D

playing axis in TZ3 is a great feeling and experience imo. sure ... we are mostly more players than the allies during that TZ3 ... but the teamwork is MUCH BETTER than in other TZs. ppl enjoy it. plus add the "cool" allied pilots who think it would help more to fly a plane than help their side on the ground. 

2 hours ago, krazydog said:

South Korea, Japan, Taiwan for example have large online gaming communities - many know some English too.   (China does too but China has country firewall issues I think). 

How many gamers in these kind of countries even know about Battleground Europe?  Not many at all I believe.

I have a feeling a big reason for that is a general lack of interest.  This isn't Battleground Pacifica, it's Battleground Europe.

3 hours ago, lipton said:

It's funny how you only take the time to defend your playtime but you don't comment on my kills that are clearly from my timezone (aka, people playing in TZ3) and your "fighting AI" comments. Again, this shows your ignorance.

So, you play once a week with squadies. I'm dedicated Axis and have been since late 2003. I play 7 days a week with squadies. I'm 37, I'm married, I work 8 hour days. Some nights, I'm in the game from 6pm - 12am. Some nights, I'm on for 30 mins, it depends on my wife/my friends/my family etc. I also take time off the game to catch up on TV shows/movies etc.

My point is here, you judge us and blame us (TZ3) for rolling the map, undoing your hard work from your timezone. "Fighting AI" as you put it. Yet, we are just playing the game like you are, we just happen to be in a different part of the world, killing players on the other team.

Lets see what Steam does for this game. The influx of players should boost all timezones and this should hopefully fix itself. New vehicles being added will get players back into the game. Removing flags and putting in town based supply should hopefully get us more players than it loses. We just need to help the new guys stick around. Get them involved in squads/discord.

Chinese can't afford the subscription price, the ones that can likely have better options. their connections are even worse than the Russians anyways.

sure Asia has a huge population but how many of them have computers, a broadband internet connection, a (supported) GPU, and interest in niche western games.

i've played with a few asian clans/squads/guilds/whatever and they have a clear taste in games, "western style" genres have tiny followings; even then niche games like this one wouldn't stand a chance.

marketing WW2:OL to Asians is a real long shot.