• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
lutenint

The TZ3 Dilemma

85 posts in this topic

CSM wrote: 

It is not futile.  "Back in the day," there was a period where the Allies had lost 4 or 5 campaigns in a row, primarily because of TZ3 issues.  B2k became the Allied CINC.....and enough of us got together in late TZ3, 3AM-6AM, US Eastern, to make about ten to fifteen or so Allied players.  The goal wasn't to "win" in TZ3, but to simply "stop" the Axis in TZ3.  The rest is history.  

Even further 'back in the day' after a number of axis tz3 rolls, Monashy got a group going of 10-12 dedicated allied tz3 defenders - called it 'The BLOCK'.  Worked real good. No tz3 rolls, no morale, allied campaign wins.  I'm sure the same has happened for axis. 

alarm clock. red bull. smokes. australian friends. works for either side. 

Hi all,

Just want to share an idea that might help with low pop imbalance issues, What if F2P accounts could use all the equipment they had rank for while playing for the under pop side while there is only one AO? It should be easy to code, incentivize F2P players to join the under pop side even if they are getting murdered, and maybe in the long run help balance the sides permanently.  Also let F2P players experience the complete game for certain periods.

The down side is that playing the low pop side is such hell you may lose most of those F2P players :(

anyways, Just an idea.

@bonghunter That's exactly how CRS should be looking at a future balancing mechanism.  

Give a bonus to the underpop INSTEAD of penalizing the overpop.  

35 minutes ago, bonghunter said:

Hi all,

Just want to share an idea that might help with low pop imbalance issues, What if F2P accounts could use all the equipment they had rank for while playing for the under pop side while there is only one AO? It should be easy to code, incentivize F2P players to join the under pop side even if they are getting murdered, and maybe in the long run help balance the sides permanently.  Also let F2P players experience the complete game for certain periods.

The down side is that playing the low pop side is such hell you may lose most of those F2P players :(

anyways, Just an idea.

Make no assumptions that things are easy to code. Vehicles and weapons are controlled by a two different things:

1. Subscription type.
    1. What vehicles or weapons can this subscription access?
  2. Rank
    1. Each subscription has a maximum allowable rank it can achieve.

The only way I could see something like this happening is by adding ANOTHER subscription in our system that has all vehicles eligible for premium users at rank level 3, and then only granting them access to that in certain population conditions that are temporary, then revoking it as the parameters drop.

Basically it would be a big pain in the arse, and require a lot of back and forth communication between multiple services. 

21 minutes ago, Capco said:

Give a bonus to the underpop INSTEAD of penalizing the overpop.  

We can agree with this portion of the text and suggestions that fit that which are achievable.

32 minutes ago, XOOM said:

We can agree with this portion of the text and suggestions that fit that which are achievable.

Right on.  I wasn't endorsing bong's specific idea, just the general direction he's suggesting.  

I'm glad you see it that way too!

4 hours ago, bonghunter said:

Hi all,

anyways, Just an idea.

I suggested something like this in a thread that ongoing in the Barracks

What has been pointed out several times, but never tried or implemented is F2P players playing for the low pop side. How can we know if it works if we never try it? This is something that needs to be tried before the Steam release in my opinion. Perhaps it could work something like this:

Day 1-7  F2P players are directed to the side with less players.(CRS can decide what %)

Day 7 and above F2P players can decide if they want to play either side. If they choose to play the under populated side, they will be able to spawn more units as long as they choose the side with less player %.

I'm hopeful something along these lines could finally repair the broken TZ3 period that has plagued our game forever.

Edited by Pittpete

On 4/30/2017 at 0:21 AM, B2K said:

so if we can't stop typing nasty stuff at eachother - some will be taking vacations from the forum.

Can I go to Alaska? Always want to fish in Alaska. 

1 person likes this

Carrot / Stick approach never works.  Never has. Never will. 

People will always want to club the baby seal.

Sure, you'll get a few that are willing to spawn on the underpop side. But most will continue clubbing away.

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, lipton said:

Carrot / Stick approach never works.  Never has. Never will. 

People will always want to club the baby seal.

Sure, you'll get a few that are willing to spawn on the underpop side. But most will continue clubbing away.

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

Just like in most videogames.

Heck, in War Thunder you see a [censored]load of veterans players using Russian biplanes who are absolute monster and a category above the others biplanes.

Where you see a player with +5 kill, you will always see a player with Russian biplanes with 15+

22 hours ago, XOOM said:

Make no assumptions that things are easy to code. Vehicles and weapons are controlled by a two different things:

1. Subscription type.
    1. What vehicles or weapons can this subscription access?
  2. Rank
    1. Each subscription has a maximum allowable rank it can achieve.

The only way I could see something like this happening is by adding ANOTHER subscription in our system that has all vehicles eligible for premium users at rank level 3, and then only granting them access to that in certain population conditions that are temporary, then revoking it as the parameters drop.

Basically it would be a big pain in the arse, and require a lot of back and forth communication between multiple services. 

I'll admit that almost nothing in a MMORPG  is simple.

If this suggestion fails to "fit that which are achievable." , I can't imagine what category removing TOE's falls in.