Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mosizlak

Allied flak vid

stankyus
17 hours ago, holmium said:

Wow, that's what you'd expect to happen but to see these aircraft just fly off after taking 1 - 3x 40mm rounds, doing loops and then making another strafing pass is BS.

The E1 and Hawk81 come apart easy with a bofor round.  When I use the MLE38 I can pretty much tell if I hit a E1.

major0noob
17 hours ago, holmium said:

Wow, that's what you'd expect to happen but to see these aircraft just fly off after taking 1 - 3x 40mm rounds, doing loops and then making another strafing pass is BS.

first time i spawned a spit i took 5-10 20mm MF/FF, 5-10 AI 20mm's, 3 AI 40mm's, 100-300 MG rounds, and still outmaneuvered a pair of 09's then RTB'd, in 1 sortie... i was soo dumbfounded i swore it off and refuse to engage them.

on TS they just shrug off "you have white smoke" all the time.

stankyus
1 hour ago, major0noob said:

first time i spawned a spit i took 5-10 20mm MF/FF, 5-10 AI 20mm's, 3 AI 40mm's, 100-300 MG rounds, and still outmaneuvered a pair of 09's then RTB'd, in 1 sortie... i was soo dumbfounded i swore it off and refuse to engage them.

on TS they just shrug off "you have white smoke" all the time.

wow... I cant tell what type of rounds are hitting me 95% of the time when I fly.  I thought I got shot down by a 109F4 by the short rattling bang and flames to find out it was MS3 in a E1...  Actually the only time I know whats hitting me was back flying Axis in T0... I knew it was MGs cause I could hear the Spit or a Hawk cause I could hear the H75 engine... I knew they only had pew pews. Or ai MG fire.  As a allied pilot its AI mg or stuka.  If I have no vis on heavier AA I cant really tell if its a bofor or 20mm. Sometimes I lose the plane to a single hit from either one or sometimes its a few more.  I remember flying a spit 9 and taking 4 bofor hits while trying to straff him and only losing my propeller.. with a little control issues. I would have ditched safely if it was not for that sarlac but for me, it seems like I'm flying match box. I see the videos of planes taking many many hits but I'm never the one who does not lose control surfaces or gets blown away.

major0noob

it's raindrops and glass smashing in A2A, checked the guy that "killed" me after RTB'ing 230 hits & his wingman had a good spray on me. had visuals on the AI.

i remember it clearly cause it was my first non-hurri contact, and it was outrageous. quit TS cause i couldn't stand Listening to spit pilots after that (squad played FAF).

Mosizlak

Part 2: 

• Like 1

farquar69

wow you are good.

i am new so learning to play but hope to be like you one day

Mosizlak
On 4/25/2017 at 10:21 PM, farquar69 said:

wow you are good.

i am new so learning to play but hope to be like you one day

It's just years of practice, that's all. 

The more you use the AA guns the better you'll get. :D

sajuk

To play as bofors ingame to hunt planes is very easy.

I rember i shot around 30 planes down in one camp wirt my PzIIc. It was not really hard, only move the + in the red ciryle and press fire.

The only aa guner i fear is base21.

bogol
On 4/15/2017 at 2:04 PM, Mosizlak said:

Lotsa falling LooseWaffle airplane parts here: 

at 1:25, you are ebil!!! 

xcas

Is the rate of fire the same on both axis and allied bofors?  to me watching these vids , seems the allies  fire faster

major0noob

no the allied planes just move faster during their attack runs, their fighters have more speed down low as well.

any videos with para planes and guys desperately bailing?

Mosizlak
8 hours ago, sajuk said:

To play as bofors ingame to hunt planes is very easy.

I rember i shot around 30 planes down in one camp wirt my PzIIc. It was not really hard, only move the + in the red ciryle and press fire.

LOL that's the biggest pile of crap I've read on the forums in a while. 

PITTPETE

hahahahahaha

sajuk

But it is the true.

I look again in the old screenshot 35 ea kills with the PzIIc in one campain ;)

I remember that it was not really hard and i do it without Training.

Its my view and you have your view... All fine.

Mosizlak
10 minutes ago, sajuk said:

But it is the true.

I look again in the old screenshot 35 ea kills with the PzIIc in one campain ;)

I remember that it was not really hard and i do it without Training.

Its my view and you have your view... All fine.

Calling mega BS. 

Call it true all you like, doesn't make it so.  Any slob can camp an AF and shoot them on the ground...which is what you probably did.  

I just checked your stats, if it's so easy how come you dont have 500 bofors kills and 50 EA shot down with the 2c yet this map? LOL

SNIPER62

a group of crack shots could really shut down CAS/CAP over a target!

at what range do you think you're averaging when connecting?

majhavoc

Those poor baby seals

jwilly
1 hour ago, SNIPER62 said:

at what range do you think you're averaging when connecting?

A related question for CRS: what ranges were the inner and outer rings of the cartwheel sight designed for?

It looks to me as if the gunsight is very inaccurately designed, given that Mo gets a lot of kills at twice the angular deviation of the largest speed/range/deflection-angle-ring.

Edited by jwilly

jwilly

While looking earlier this evening for data on Bofors cartwheel sights, I came across this interesting data on naval AA effectiveness per round fired, from "Naval Anti-Aircraft Guns and Gunnery" by Norman Friedman.

A 1945 study by a U.S. Navy Pacific Fleet board found that, comparing 0.5" HMG, 20mm Oerlikon and 40mm Bofors using simple computing directors, "overall hitting rates were 0.144 per cent per round fired for the 20mm, 0.284 per cent for the 40mm, and 0.097 per cent for the 0.5" caliber."

Obviously, of course, these percentages need to be weighted by per-round lethality and rate of fire in order to compare the weapon types. The interesting factor is the shared order of magnitude.

And:

"The Mk 14 sight (one of the computing directors they were studying) was about 50 per cent better than control using tracers and a cartwheel sight."

So how were the game's AA guns designed again?  :lol:

tskforce

Get anywhere near my tank, stug, or atg and im taking a shot at you.If your strafing me and i get my barrel around on you, ive got a better than average chance of nailing you.

• Like 1

casualy250
On 26/4/2017 at 4:00 AM, Mosizlak said:

Part 2: 

You can not be serious... 

Simply the king S!

kuronyra
On 02/05/2017 at 1:14 AM, Mosizlak said:

It's just years of practice, that's all. 

The more you use the AA guns the better you'll get. :D

Jeez, in all my play, I must have hit like what.... Maybe once or two?