pvtpetey

FMS poster update - was it worth it?

9 posts in this topic

in the latest patch notes (1.35.8) the discord image inside the FMS got updated:

• FMS poster now shows “Discord” information.

I guess it's fine for consistency but i wanted to question whether just removing these pasteboards and adding  system message for each relevant sides discord (or hero builder FYI) would be more worthwhile and a better expenditure of effort that delivers more customer value in future?

Edited by pvtpetey

All and all I don't think editing a poster in an FMS is too meticulous work. Once we have integrated voice comms changing that won't be too labor intensive. 

Edited by lutenint

no not the end of the world just.. i guess prioritising the UI would be work better spent.

21 hours ago, pvtpetey said:

no not the end of the world just.. i guess prioritising the UI would be work better spent.

The time investment in changing the art was minimal - also needed to be done as that spot used to be occupied by teamspeak info.  

1 person likes this

Every time I spawn, Im to worried about exiting and getting mowed down to even notice posters....lol

On 19/04/2017 at 10:00 PM, bmw said:

Every time I spawn, Im to worried about exiting and getting mowed down to even notice posters....lol

So it'd be more worthwhile setting these posters as system wide messages rather than updating an art asset. Minimal change but more worthwhile to remove the asset altogether and display a message on system.