sw1

REDUCED CAP TIMER VERY BAD FOR THE GAME

122 posts in this topic

AXIS took brussels in less than 10 mins . The reduced cap timer from 8 min to 30 SEC with 1 capper is the reason. 

I DONT LIKE it at ALL 

I wont be back until that is changed.

Hard enough trying to get ppl defending as it is . 

It doesnt encourage or reward Team Work. 

1 person likes this

Same. Ditto.  I'll wait for the reversal or not come back. Rewards overpop with  even easier caps.  Destroys any sort of combined arms tactics and makes a mockery of the BDE system. This is NOT good for anyone.

1 person likes this

Twerp is about gone. i made moves to try to save brigades to little avail. I am sure i will see in 7 hours or so that the map is along the gent line in north and around the area of the reims area in south. in the first hours of this campaign. I am also sure that if players do not adjust it will be over in a day or two. Who cares about having tank on defense or dfms when if anyone goes 400 out of town then you will lose it. No reason to run a dfms because if you have any player spawn from it you will lose your cps unless you have everyone checked every 30 seconds. There are very few people in this game anymore who will even sweep a cp as they pass on way to fight let alone take the time to sweep cps in an unending cycle. That is what its going to take. I am sure that when i come back and check in the morning this post will be gone.  I hope you at crs will take the time to read this fully. I worry that poor thought out ideas like this will not only effect the players who are playing now but if this happens when Steam is released, I am afraid the game will be gone by next year.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, fracku2 said:

Twerp is about gone. i made moves to try to save brigades to little avail. I am sure i will see in 7 hours or so that the map is along the gent line in north and around the area of the reims area in south. in the first hours of this campaign. I am also sure that if players do not adjust it will be over in a day or two. Who cares about having tank on defense or dfms when if anyone goes 400 out of town then you will lose it. No reason to run a dfms because if you have any player spawn from it you will lose your cps unless you have everyone checked every 30 seconds. There are very few people in this game anymore who will even sweep a cp as they pass on way to fight let alone take the time to sweep cps in an unending cycle. That is what its going to take. I am sure that when i come back and check in the morning this post will be gone.  I hope you at crs will take the time to read this fully. I worry that poor thought out ideas like this will not only effect the players who are playing now but if this happens when Steam is released, I am afraid the game will be gone by next year.

BDEs mean nothing if you can cap in 30 secs. I won't be in game but I'd love to see the fastest town ninja cap in game history.  45 secs?

BRUX was capped in what 9 mins tonight?

Edited by denisd
1 person likes this

lol brussels and antwerp axis in day 0, what a joke

30sec cap timer suck, better restart the campaign

1 person likes this

We been asking for reduced cap timers but this takes the Pi**, think CRSdoing it to prove it is bad idea? 

Should maybe be 2 - 3 mins not 30 seconds

Edited by petie

The 30 second timer affects both sides equally. The advantage goes to the side that adjust to new game mechanics the quickest.

9 minutes ago, gavalink said:

The 30 second timer affects both sides equally. The advantage goes to the side that adjust to new game mechanics the quickest.

Bull[censored]. Most of the advantage goes to WHOEVER has the most people online. 

Edited by gretnine
1 person likes this

Anyone time the capture time, is it actually 30 seconds or faster?

I think 30 sec is prolly to fast too, but let's give it a chance, players need to learn new strategies.

Also, is there more action? If so, maybe more players will play, meaning the faster capture time won't matter as much.

In regards to Brux and Ant, is this really a capture time issue, or once again too much over pop?

btw, the fastest possible town capture was 22 mn, with these new timers the fastest a town can be captured is 21 min; so, town capture isn't really much faster.

Finally, what if SD parameters are changed a bit, meaning, the op side gets to 30 sec SD much faster than normal?

Say, right now it takes 3 to 1 to get 30 sec SD;  what if that was change to just 2 to 1 to get to 30 sec SD?  or even 3 to 2?

This would put a  penalty on op side faster.

Finally, if really a op issue, what about trying FPA must spawn into under pop side?

I loved the fast timers last night - was lots of action, couldn't even finish 1 drink in 3 hours as was on keyboard mouse too much.

Edited by delems

This a function of population imbalance more than a timer issue.

Its just a twist in the campaign not permanent.  No one needs to get their panties in a bunch over it and not play....that doesn't help. There was NEVER mention of this being permanent. 

We all know side population and TZ's dictates map movement regardless of the timer settings.

Edited by bmw
1 person likes this

Not a fan at all.  It has taken most strategy away and now it's just how fast can we move.  

Now, timers probably needed shortened, but maybe by 10% or so.  Please remove this 30 second timer.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, bmw said:

This a function of population imbalance more than a timer issue.

Its just a twist in the campaign not permanent.  No one needs to get their panties in a bunch over it and not play....that doesn't help. There was NEVER mention of this being permanent. 

We all know side population and TZ's dictates map movement regardless of the timer settings.

Agree. Haybes was a crazy fight. Main thing I saw was that holding a captured cp requires many more defenders,

If unbalanced population is the problem (as is always the case), why complain about the timer?

Edited by gavalink
grammar

No matter how you slice it, 24 minutes to capture Antwerp in no way resembles reality.   Just knock off 30 secs of the old timer.   The way it is now ain't working.

1 person likes this

At least they tried something different. Some of you people whine about everything. Perhaps its too short, so it'll be adjusted. Who FN cares, we can start a new map tomorrow.

It was tons of fun last night being able to cap something without relying on 10 other people to be with you. The ingame population just doesnt support those long cap timers.

1 person likes this

No fun with new cap time!  Sitting this one out.

Just call this Intermission and restart the campaign with the normal cap timer!

14 minutes ago, delems said:

Anyone time the capture time, is it actually 30 seconds or faster?

I think 30 sec is prolly to fast too, but let's give it a chance, players need to learn new strategies.

Also, is there more action? If so, maybe more players will play, meaning the faster capture time won't matter as much.

In regards to Brux and Ant, is this really a capture time issue, or once again too much over pop?

btw, the fastest possible town capture was 22 mn, with these new timers the fastest a town can be captured is 21 min; so, town capture isn't really much faster.

Finally, what if SD parameters are changed a bit, meaning, the op side gets to 30 sec SD much faster than normal?

Say, right now it takes 3 to 1 to get 30 sec SD;  what if that was change to just 2 to 1 to get to 30 sec SD?  or even 3 to 2?

This would put a  penalty on op side faster.

Finally, if really a op issue, what about trying FPA must spawn into under pop side?

I loved the fast timers last night - was lots of action, couldn't even finish 1 drink in 3 hours as was on keyboard mouse too much.

I think CRS rushed into this and that's why this has gone to crap. The allies could not get there brigades in the north on the front in time to prevent an attack in Leuven due to timers. So the map started started without brigrades in Schilde, Kalmthout, Lier or Leuven and had about 20 minutes left on the timers to be able to cover Schilde, Kalmthout and Lier. Had 50 minutes until we could get a brigade in Leuven. Axis started out with a full division in Aarschot and a full division in Tienen. By the time we could get a brigade into Brussels to make it at least a No-Mans Land fight, cap timers were just about up and Axis were already setup in town. So the town was lost quickly. We tried to inform the Rats before the map went live, but it went on deaf ears.. Really seemed like they wanted to get this going quickly.. Once the map went live, the one Rat I saw disappeared without any help or explanation. 

Would having brigades in place have stopped all that has happened overnight? I don't know. But allies view Leuven as a very important town like Schilde. 30 second captures should have been done in intermission prior to a campaign so everyone can adjust. 

Maybe they should reduce the timers an brigade moves to match the reduction in cap timers. Would make it a more fluid battle

It's ONLY for this campaign . Log in kill [censored] have fun . Yes it sucks when you get rolled and it was a given that the side with the higher player base and a 30 second cap timer will run away with it. 

If you have thought anything else you have not been around long enough or have not thought long enough about it when it was announced. 

So in short log in kill kill kill, stay in a cp you damn well know you  are making contact in no time with the enemy.

lol there is an order of magnitude more action with the short capture timers

also if you're on defense and not coordinated you will struggle to react

and the fight has moved outside the depots, if you stream in like normal you will kill-trade and not accomplish much so you have to control the surrounding area

1-2 guys capture and the rest cover him

a lot more shifting and weak points get exposed quickly

for instance allies got the spawn, then lost, it then got it again and got 3+ depots in Jodo just now because axis wasn't on their game

I guess all the bads here that hate FPS gameplay and team tactics are too accustomed to their crutches

I wasn't doing well either with the bolt-action CQB nonsense and using the F2P SMG so I just set up a base of fire

puacfm.jpg