sw1

REDUCED CAP TIMER VERY BAD FOR THE GAME

122 posts in this topic

We decided to try something a little different .... So we pushed the numbers a little to far.   This is how we learn. We will make a change again and see how it goes.   

I will say this it woke up the forums it was a little boring in here :D

18 minutes ago, Scking said:

I am more sore about the deployments at the beginning of the map that left Leuven absolutely empty against two full divisions even when it was brought up to a Rat prior to the map going live. Seems I am the only one that is sore about it though so I will have to just get over it I guess.  

Believe me, you're not the only one.

Senior AHC are getting answers on this as we speak.  

29 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Scrap the current map. Or call it an intermission with stats. 

Start over with lengthened cap timers.

Yes, please DO IT soon...I can't stand reading Lipton and Denisd whine any longer.geez

1 minute ago, Pittpete said:

Yes, please DO IT soon...I can't stand reading Lipton and Denisd whine any longer.geez

wow! Let me guess Axis player who wants to keep these timers?

Edited by denisd

6 minutes ago, denisd said:

wow! Let me guess Axis player who wants to keep these timers?

No, Allied player who couldn't stay logged in more than 10 minutes due to boredom.

Still dont understand CAP timers are side biased? Care to explain?

3 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

No, Allied player who couldn't stay logged in more than 10 minutes due to boredom.

Still dont understand CAP timers are side biased? Care to explain?

wait so you don't like this change, you aren't playing for more than 10 mins but insist on attacking those who are voicing their opinions abou the change.. nice.  

And yes since Axis is OP (last campaign it was very obvious when all axis came allied just to run the map through in  under a week) so Axis will always benefit any change that penalizes underpop.  

simple .  Anything else you need explanations for?

Edited by denisd

Couldn't stay logged in before the change due to boredom.

Axis TZ3 players are organized, stop with this BS.

@OP

Cap timers are good as they are it promotes teamplay rather than lone wolfing, which adds more content for players to enjoy.

Send PM to players near your use chat to coordinate an attack, talk to some infantry or panzers to lock entrances for cps..

5 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Couldn't stay logged in before the change due to boredom.

Axis TZ3 players are organized, stop with this BS.

So why only 6 sorties so far?  NM saw you actually log in as axis 4 times more than allied.  ok explains it all.

Edited by denisd

Well, I haven't been able to leave the computer, non stop action nearly on map.  CPs flashing all the time - panic runs for link CPs and spawns.   It is a blast.

Haven't had this much fun in ages - went to work 2 hours later than normal... stayed 15 min and left :)

Im guessing lob, bar, xwhore and great could take towns non-stop if they went to the same AO with their leet skills and 30 sec timers !

ya, 30 maybe a bit fast, but it is 10x better than the 8 min before, if not 100x better.

*** Cap timers are good as they are it promotes teamplay

idk, our squad is teaming MORE with 30 sec capture timers to watch CPs and help each other.

Edited by delems

Exactly Denis, game was boring as hell. Needed something to change to get you old farts out of the depots.

Edited by Pittpete
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Exactly Denis, game was boring as hell. Needed something to change to get you old farts out of the depots.

I agree, just such a drastic change. 

We've been playing this game forever, we're old, we're set in our ways. You have to spring changes on us gradually lol. 

30 secs way to short, takes away the warp feature, you have to run a little then 10 secs to despawn  then go uncheck fms and respawn did you know screen, then go in AND MAYBE clear it, if not then they recap 30 secs and NO MORE WARP-------------also takes away the cp spawn feature as well , not enough time to post a mission in a spawn unless sitting there waiting for it, then make mission , did you know screen then spawn in, BOOM CP CAPPED, so basically THERE IS NO MORE SPAWNS IN ANY TOWNS, JUST COD --- BATTLEFEILD  PLAY

After much internal discussion, we're calling Campaign 136 a draw and pushing to Campaign 137, as agreed upon by both CinC's with 50% faster capture timers than normal. So 1 person can capture a CP in 3 minutes.

I want to say this for the record, so please pay attention.

This decision was based solely on my own decision to create change for the Campaign and to go to an old school setting. While I represent CRS, and do so to the best of my ability, I am prone to making bad calls, and this is one of them.

Unfortunately the recipients have been the community and for that I do apologize. The Allies got rolled hard because the Germans had the numbers (would've been the same in reverse) and the Germans are now feeling robbed of a victory as the Campaign is being called a draw. This is not one of my better moments and instead of making another decision alone I really reflected on it with my team and spoke to both CinC's to verify consensus.

So please, accept my apology for this and do not blame CRS staff as a whole.

Campaign 137 will be starting tonight as that is what the community has wanted overwhelmingly after asking in-game.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope those of you have indicated they'd be on the sideline for 136, decide to show up and try 137.

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, XOOM said:

After much internal discussion, we're calling Campaign 136 a draw and pushing to Campaign 137, as agreed upon by both CinC's with 50% faster capture timers than normal. So 1 person can capture a CP in 3 minutes.

This decision was based solely on my own decision to create change for the Campaign and to go to an old school setting. While I represent CRS, and do so to the best of my ability, I am prone to making bad calls, and this is one of them.

Unfortunately the recipients have been the community and for that I do apologize. The Allies got rolled hard because the Germans had the numbers (would've been the same in reverse) and the Germans are now feeling robbed of a victory as the Campaign is being called a draw. This is not one of my better moments and instead of making another decision alone I really reflected on it with my team and spoke to both CinC's to verify consensus.

Campaign 137 will be starting tonight as that is what the community has wanted overwhelmingly after asking in-game.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope those of you have indicated they'd be on the sideline for 136, decide to show up and try 137.

It was a noble experiment and worth a try.   Not all experiments work, though, and sometimes they need to be abandoned.  You make the manly choice.  I admire it.   S!

12 minutes ago, XOOM said:

14 minutes ago, XOOM said:

XOOM this was never personal.   When I logged in last night I had already a few beers and did enjoy the game  for a while (doing normal FB attacks and stuff) but things very quickly turned bad and then got worse.    I definitely like the idea of cap timer changes but why does the underpop side (ie Allied for most maps) have to get the same timers?  Wouldn't it make sense for underpop to get lower cap timers then OP?

We do appreciate all the work done by CRS to continue to update the game, but sometimes you must take a step back and wonder if any change will have a detrimental impact on the underpop side (the most vulnerable side and most likely to quit when playing against almost insurmountable odds.)

Keep up the great work and don't let this stop you guys from thinking outside the box and trying different game changes.  But it might be better to do it in intermission for testing first though! ;)

Oh yes I'll be logging in later when baby asleep!! GO HABS GO!

Edited by denisd

42 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Dude as far as Im concerned no need for an apology.  You do and always do what you think is best for the game. 30 sec may have been a stretch but you live and learn. 

Edited by bmw

54 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Only because the Germans are rolling. 

If the roles were reversed you can bet your house he'd be on the 'this change is awful' bandwagon. 

Mo since I have been in game, you have always always been the voice of reason.  Never have I seen you with biased opinions. When there is a problem with game dynamics you ALWAYS look at it from a neutral side and call out either side when fit.  

You are always looking out for what's best for the game, NOT what's best for the side you are playing.    S!

You are the Rand Paul of wwiionline

Edited by denisd

4 minutes ago, denisd said:

Mo since I have been in game, you have always always been the voice of reason.  Never have I seen you with biased opinions. When there is a problem with game dynamics you ALWAYS look at it from a neutral side and call out either side when fit.  

You are always looking out for what's best for the game, NOT what's best for the side you are playing.    S!

You are the Rand Paul of wwiionline

Not always, the first 2 years I was ingame I drank the sauerkraut koolaid haha. 

8 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Not always, the first 2 years I was ingame I drank the sauerkraut koolaid haha. 

Either way I think today your opinion has more value than just about any HC in game due to your willingness to see how certain changes can inadvertently have negative consequences for either side.,  I like playing against you, but its nice to have you on allied side now and then!  But more importantly its much more valuable  to have your opinion on important matters!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

You know I have been a vocal critic at times.  But I'm also an ardent supporter of this game and our community.  It's all good man!  

Biggest thing as always, you and your team listened and responded accordingly.  It wouldn't be fair to the world if you made the right call all the time lol.  

But I'm looking forward to seeing what 3min cap timers brings!  I might even log on tonight.  If we can nail that perfect timer, I think it will help out our Steam retention tremendously.  Even though you rolled the dice and lost this time, I really think you'll get a win out of this in the long run.

S!

1 person likes this