• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
sw1

REDUCED CAP TIMER VERY BAD FOR THE GAME

122 posts in this topic

Cool!

eventhough I didn't get to try the 30 sec timers, (still on the way back from a mini holiday im New Zealand), 50% reduction sounds fun and perhaps a bit more digestible change!

cant wait to get in game and try it out!

bug salute to XOOM for your hard work and dedication! Most difficult job I the world probably! Good on you for having the balls to make the hard calls and you have the communities support for your transparency and openness to feedback! 

Aee you in game

S!

Just now, potthead said:

Cool!

eventhough I didn't get to try the 30 sec timers, (still on the way back from a mini holiday im New Zealand), 50% reduction sounds fun and perhaps a bit more digestible change!

cant wait to get in game and try it out!

bug salute to XOOM for your hard work and dedication! Most difficult job I the world probably! Good on you for having the balls to make the hard calls and you have the communities support for your transparency and openness to feedback! 

Aee you in game

S!

30 seconds for 8 infantry in sounds good, makes paratroops worth something.  A good drop can put a bunch of paras on a spawn before the defense can react. Jumpstart the action. 

What is the problem?  AB's and Docks and AF Bunkers can only be capped under a 10 minute hold of a CP.  Can't find enemy FRU's fast enough with spies?  Learn to focus on enemy FB's.

2 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

30 seconds for 8 infantry in sounds good, makes paratroops worth something.  A good drop can put a bunch of paras on a spawn before the defense can react. Jumpstart the action. 

Right.  Or even just grouping up 8 guys to cap a CP.  Teamwork should be rewarded.  

1 person likes this

I agree with Mos and Capco on this one.

30 seconds may still be a little short.  But worth a try.

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, lipton said:

I agree with Mos and Capco on this one.

30 seconds may still be a little short.  But worth a try.

8 inf in a CP, 30 seconds works for me. Solo? Nope. 

6 min solo cap

4 min for 2 cappers

3.5 min for 3

3 min for 4 

2.5 for 5

2 for 6

1.5 for 7

1 for 8

My idea

I've just come back to the game after a looooong time away (Americans were new when I left). I came back because I was fed up of the fps twitch games... only to find that a game I loved for its strategy and tactics is heading the same way. Not sure I'll be here long if this 30sec cap nonsense stays.

53 minutes ago, wooker2 said:

6 min solo cap

4 min for 2 cappers

3.5 min for 3

3 min for 4 

2.5 for 5

2 for 6

1.5 for 7

1 for 8

My idea

^^^^

Thanks Zoom and Co for jumping on this when it became clear it was a mistake. 

What makes this game stand out for me in comparison to other games is the team work. 

Team work Wins. 

OP and Team Work always wins . 

Sorting out how to prevent Huge OP for one side is the Holy Grail. 

Then it will always be the Best team that wins. 

Sw1

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, sw1 said:

What makes this game stand out for me in comparison to other games is the team work. 

Team work Wins. 

OP and Team Work always wins . 

Sorting out how to prevent Huge OP for one side is the Holy Grail. 

Then it will always be the Best team that wins. 

Sw1

Here Here!

11 hours ago, lemur01 said:

I've just come back to the game after a looooong time away (Americans were new when I left). I came back because I was fed up of the fps twitch games... only to find that a game I loved for its strategy and tactics is heading the same way. Not sure I'll be here long if this 30sec cap nonsense stays.

If you capture a CP in 30 seconds it means your CP is loaded with people. For 1 person right now it takes 3 minutes.

Ahw now i didnt get to try 30 sec. Oh well half timers is really good compared to 6 min anyhow!

Maybe better to have tried it during an intermission but oh well :P

10 hours ago, sw1 said:

you do realize it's spelled "Xoom" with an "X" and not a "Z", right?

1 hour ago, SNIPER62 said:

Zniper62 is correct. 

I just counted and there are 52 axis players total spawned in on missions, and this is the currently-overpop faction on a Sunday afternoon. So all of you people that want there to be 8 players in order to max out the capture time are demanding that over 15% of a sides population be tied up in a single depot. The portion is larger if you consider that not all of a faction is on offense, not all playing ground and not all on the same attack. The largest squad left in this game can field maybe 20 people online at once (on a good night) so that's half your best squad to get a reasonable capture.

This isn't 2009 when the game had big operations and the 128 visual limit was hit routinely at main battles, you got maybe 30 attackers at a town total many who aren't infantry. I'm not sure what kind of FPS gameplay people expect with such long timers and no change at all to the terrain or spawn locations.

Edited by david01

4 min for a solo cap with speed bonuses added for team play is a good thing.  You max out at 8 in a cp (30 sec).  The obvious intent being rewarding teamwork.  

Will there be 8 in a cp every time (probably not), but just as rear->front resupply is still in game, the option to rapidly cap someting is now there.  

Some places it will prove practical to put 8 in:

Initial cap on an AO (or spawnables), para ops, linking CP's, etc.  

The faster cp time I. General should also prove to be a boon as a solo player does not have to wait 8 min to cap any longer (at least for this map).

2 hours ago, david01 said:

I just counted and there are 52 axis players total spawned in on missions, and this is the currently-overpop faction on a Sunday afternoon. So all of you people that want there to be 8 players in order to max out the capture time are demanding that over 15% of a sides population be tied up in a single depot. The portion is larger if you consider that not all of a faction is on offense, not all playing ground and not all on the same attack. The largest squad left in this game can field maybe 20 people online at once (on a good night) so that's half your best squad to get a reasonable capture.

This isn't 2009 when the game had big operations and the 128 visual limit was hit routinely at main battles, you got maybe 30 attackers at a town total many who aren't infantry. I'm not sure what kind of FPS gameplay people expect with such long timers and no change at all to the terrain or spawn locations.

30 seconds is too short to cap for just one person.  We saw how much chaos that created 30 sec cap timers created.  

That level of chaos shouldn't be readily obtainable.  It should be possible, but only be possible when people team up and thereby get rewarded for it.  

The vast majority of players of stated they did not like this new timer.  CRS responded accordingly.  I don't see any problems.  

18 hours ago, B2K said:

4 min for a solo cap with speed bonuses added for team play is a good thing.  You max out at 8 in a cp (30 sec).  The obvious intent being rewarding teamwork.  

Will there be 8 in a cp every time (probably not), but just as rear->front resupply is still in game, the option to rapidly cap someting is now there.  

Some places it will prove practical to put 8 in:

Initial cap on an AO (or spawnables), para ops, linking CP's, etc.  

The faster cp time I. General should also prove to be a boon as a solo player does not have to wait 8 min to cap any longer (at least for this map).

I have a question:  is there  any difference now between the cap timers of the UNDERPOP side and the OVERPOP side?

Last thing I recall is cap timers were shorter for the underpop side.  

Is this still the case after these new changes?

Edited by krazydog

19 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

Well Whoops yeah , What a Nob i am LOL