Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

sw1

REDUCED CAP TIMER VERY BAD FOR THE GAME

delems

Yep, will take some time to get use to - but way more action.... thus fun imo.

Maybe 30 too short, but let's give it a shot; then adjust to 60 if need.

Figuring take day off from work today!!!   Game instead.... maybe even join HC reserve.

david01

the short capture timers are also a massive buff to riflemen

they still suck but now a team can leverage the huge quantity of riflemen and obtain results instead of them all being massacred in the depots while they watch the timer tick down

Edited by david01

hector781

Having read all these posts, I think what the people complaining are missing is that population is already a huge advantage. One side could have barely enough for one AO and the other side ensure that there is 2-3. If one side is heavy underpop and there are 30 second timers, the other side will roll the entire map easily. Super fast timers would work fine with balanced pop but its insane to think a heavy underpop side could have any chance. 

Also this just encourages mole AOs on big towns, because one guy can run around within 10min have most of the town capped. I think that somewhere around 4min would be a better choice for timers. 

This just reminds of the time that they started in tier 3 and the Axis just got eaten because everyone loves to play as Americans ;)

xcas
2 hours ago, delems said:

btw, the fastest possible town capture was 22 mn, with these new timers the fastest a town can be captured is 21 min; so, town capture isn't really much faster.

SO SO SO WRONG DELEMS, I KNOW FOR A FACT, BECAUSE I WAS THERE, LONGWY WAS CAPPED IN 10 MINUTES 30 SECONDS, WE SIMLUCAPPED THE WHOLE TOWN, AND WAITED FOR BUNKER TIMER 10 MINUTES , CAPPED IT IN 30 SECONDS,  ok ok it was 11 minutes total

xcas

I think 30 seconds is wayyyy  to short to cap a cp, 3-4 minutes should be sufficient, because if you check a cp, and its being capped , you go and try to kill him, well if he kills you ,you DONT HAVE enough time to respawn and try again you already lost the cp and have to make another mission, and who's the tell if they aren't capping that cp and by the time you do that they have capped that cp to, so basically you will be hopping around TRYING to make a mission and cant get in time to try and stop them and town is lost, you MIGHT AS WELL JUST MAKE ALL the missions from the AB  then.

Edited by xcas
text fix
  • Like 1

wooker2
1 minute ago, xcas said:

SO SO SO WRONG DELEMS, I KNOW FOR A FACT, BECAUSE I WAS THERE, LONGWY WAS CAPPED IN 10 MINUTES 30 SECONDS, WE SIMLUCAPPED THE WHOLE TOWN, AND WAITED FOR BUNKER TIMER 10 MINUTES , CAPPED IT IN 30 SECONDS,  ok ok it was 11 minutes total

He may be including AO timer too thus making it 21 min from AO to Capture Town.

This isn't fun in my opinion, creating footholds or guarding cps are next to impossible since without tables forcing the capper to certain area, they can merely hide just inside the door and force the guard to come to them. 

The captures feel meaningless, we took Antwerp and Brussels within 12hrs of the campaign start. And I literally just ran through and captured 3 cps in Namur and by the 3rd ones end they already recapped the 1st and soon after the 2nd.  Its just way to chaotic, especially with how hardy frus are now and such 

Mosizlak
2 hours ago, Pittpete said:

At least they tried something different. Some of you people whine about everything. Perhaps its too short, so it'll be adjusted. Who FN cares, we can start a new map tomorrow.

It was tons of fun last night being able to cap something without relying on 10 other people to be with you. The ingame population just doesnt support those long cap timers.

I agree to a point, trying something different is good, but this was too extreme. I said it as soon as I saw it, the OP side would roll stuff like never before. 

2 minute cap timers for 1 infantry in a CP would have been a great way to test it out, not 30 seconds. 

• Like 2

david01

So apparently people think that the game rules should be optimized for two massive towns on the map that have been so difficult to take in the past they they weren't fought over but bypassed.

It's like you guys don't realize that the average battle is less than 30 vs 30 and prime time is only 2 AOs now.

delems

Actually, the 30 sec capture timers could really help an under pop side - if they can get a few to attack.

With 30 sec capture timer - under pop can capture before defense even spawns in, and start moving to next CP.

Yes, if way under pop - can't do that - but then it doesn't matter if capture timers are 8 min either;  over pop will still run map.

At least this way it is way more fun (to me anyways) having action all over and fighting.

Also, it gives way more chance for para - and yes, rifles are now important !  they can capture too now.

We just aren't use to fast timers, I think it is a great change so far; maybe we have to go to 60 seconds - but lets give it some time.

Regarding pop - it don't matter what the timers are - you'll always lose if way underpop;  at least this way it is fun during normal pop.

Mosizlak
1 minute ago, delems said:

Actually, the 30 sec capture timers could really help an under pop side - if they can get a few to attack.

With 30 sec capture timer - under pop can capture before defense even spawns in, and start moving to next CP.

Yes, if way under pop - can't do that - but then it doesn't matter if capture timers are 8 min either;  over pop will still run map.

At least this way it is way more fun (to me anyways) having action all over and fighting.

Also, it gives way more chance for para - and yes, rifles are now important !  they can capture too now.

We just aren't use to fast timers, I think it is a great change so far; maybe we have to go to 60 seconds - but lets give it some time.

Regarding pop - it don't matter what the timers are - you'll always lose if way underpop;  at least this way it is fun during normal pop.

I'd bet my entire life savings you'd be in the total opposite side of the spectrum if the Allies came out strong...No doubt about it, you'd be on the "omg it's a horrendous change"...

• Like 1

delems

*** Allies came out strong

if by strong you mean way over pop - sure it would not be fun;  it is never fun with extreme over/under pop.

Think people are missing the point - big over pop or under will never be fun, ever - well, unless you can sit in mattie for hours and not die :)

The point being, when pop is relatively even, it is far more fun.

david01

now 3-4 depots get captured in an alpha rush they can be retaken before the armybase goes hot

before if no one was paying attention and some kind of simulcap occurred at a dead AO then there was a full panic

denisd
25 minutes ago, delems said:

How is this advantageous to the underpop side? If your team is underpop, all you men will be required on defense because in the time it takes to re spawn, you lost a depot.

PITTPETE
57 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I agree to a point, trying something different is good, but this was too extreme. I said it as soon as I saw it, the OP side would roll stuff like never before. 

2 minute cap timers for 1 infantry in a CP would have been a great way to test it out, not 30 seconds. 

Yes, i agree Mo. I'm sure they can adjust it once the cry baby's are done throwing their tantrums.Hopefully they can adjust before tonight.

Capco

I think it's pretty safe to say that if the game population is so low that balanced pop is relatively unachievable in any campaign, this is a bad change.  

Rolls just make a bad imbalance even worse, and bad imbalances lead to bad gameplay.  

david01
4 minutes ago, denisd said:

How is this advantageous to the underpop side? If your team is underpop, all you men will be required on defense because in the time it takes to re spawn, you lost a depot.

because you can capture depots and move on to others instead of sitting in the same room for seven minutes while the same 2-3 HC from the overpop chain spawn SMGs and rush in to your depot and eventually kill you

delems

*** this is a bad change

Well, my thinking is the more action during even pop times - will bring in more players, hopefully growing all TZs; and law of large numbers say, that even if still under pop - if you have enough numbers, it is less of an issue.

10 to 5 and the 5 prolly have no chance, 100 to 50 and the 50 can prolly hold.

denisd
11 minutes ago, david01 said:

because you can capture depots and move on to others instead of sitting in the same room for seven minutes while the same 2-3 HC from the overpop chain spawn SMGs and rush in to your depot and eventually kill you

how can you capture depots when you are underpop on defense when it takes 30 seconds to cap,   less  time  it takes from the moment you die and click ok to respawn.    That cannot ever be good for underpop.

Edited by denisd

Capco
Just now, delems said:

*** this is a bad change

Well, my thinking is the more action during even pop times - will bring in more players, hopefully growing all TZs; and law of large numbers say, that even if still under pop - if you have enough numbers, it is less of an issue.

10 to 5 and the 5 prolly have no chance, 100 to 50 and the 50 can prolly hold.

I hate that there are two threads going on about this lol.  I'll just post here from now....

Right, I think what we are seeing now is obviously more of a function of population.  

I think it's safe to say that the shorter timers lead to more action.  And more action presumably leads to higher pop.  

HOWEVER, if the pop imbalance is such that one side rolls, that will lead to less action as people stop logging in on the losing side.  

So, I think lower cap timers is a good idea to grow population and generate a bit more action.  But 30 seconds is CLEARLY way too short.  

brad2681

Haha, All this complaining about 30 second cap timers. I remember when all you had to do was run into a table to cap it.

david01
10 minutes ago, brad2681 said:

Haha, All this complaining about 30 second cap timers. I remember when all you had to do was run into a table to cap it.

The game has so many crutches now that I'm not sure if the remaining playerbase can survive an attempt to take some away.

First a stronger spawn for the attacker, now shorter capture timers...if this keeps up players are going to have to spend all their time in a FPS battle over a town instead of looking at a map or alt-tabbed watching videos.

krazydog

I don't like 30 sec cap timers at all.

CRS needs to stop using paid customers as beta testers.  

It would be fine to test something like this out during an extended intermission  - but not a live campaign.

I will probably sit out most of this campaign as well.

Krazydog

XO - 91st

Edited by krazydog
  • Like 2

Mosizlak
23 minutes ago, krazydog said:

I don't like 30 sec cap timers at all.

CRS needs to stop using paid customers as beta testers.  

It would be fine to test something like this out during an extended intermission  - but not a live campaign.

I will probably sit out most of this campaign as well.

Krazydog

XO - 91st

I'm not logging in for this, either. 

• Like 1

Capco
1 minute ago, Mosizlak said:

Mostly like the same here.

Edited by capco

gretnine
6 minutes ago, Mosizlak said: