Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

sw1

REDUCED CAP TIMER VERY BAD FOR THE GAME

SCKING

Maybe CRS should change this to an extended intermission until wednesday, bring in all equipment, if it's even possible.

delems

Well, been some heart pounding CP captures and defenses last 18 hours, some good fun.  Aarschot flags bounced 3 times before finally saving it.

Guess you all can miss the fun, instead of trying it to see how to make it better or see if it works ok.

saintj

Cap timers were way way too big, so good thing CRS is trying to fix that. 30s is too short ? Try with 4 min or whatever.

denisd
51 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I'm not logging in for this, either. 

Same. Made that decision last night. For me this is as bad as the audio update. Won't return until its changed back.    

But I do suspect this is going to get implemented to attract steam subscribers.  When that happens game gets removed from HD.

denisd
18 minutes ago, delems said:

Well, been some heart pounding CP captures and defenses last 18 hours, some good fun.  Aarschot flags bounced 3 times before finally saving it.

Guess you all can miss the fun, instead of trying it to see how to make it better or see if it works ok.

Sorry delems but what made this game stand out was the tactics, strategy and combined arms all working together where battles are fought over hours not minutes.  This 30 sec timer makes this game just like any of the hundreds of other twitch FPS out there, but with worse graphics.  If that is CRS goal, to compete with twitch FPS, well they will fail miserably compared to the hundreds  of shiny polished games already out.  

Too many of us feel the same. 

• Like 3

Mosizlak
6 minutes ago, denisd said:

Sorry delems but what made this game stand out was the tactics, strategy and combined arms all working together where battles are fought over hours not minutes.  This 30 sec timer makes this game just like any of the hundreds of other twitch FPS out there, but with worse graphics.  If that is CRS goal, to compete with twitch FPS, well they will fail miserably compared to the hundreds  of shiny polished games already out.  

Too many of us feel the same. 

Yup, if I wanna play a twitch fragfest I'll put one of the battlefield games back on my computer. 

major0noob

lots of action now, but they're not battles. got 2 towns this morning without firing a shot, boring as hell.

capped a spawn only for it to fall 90s later to the overpop guys, there were 2 of us vs 5, we got 3 and died 3 times but the other 2 capped the spawn.

my most active town this morning was a spawn camp.

• Like 1

denisd

Not sure what happened to XOOM's reply, its gone now, but thanks for the update.     Not sure why CRS would want to make such drastic changes considering we are so close to Steam launch.  

• Like 1

braum

12 minutes ago, denisd said:

Not sure what happened to XOOM's reply, its gone now, but thanks for the update.     Not sure why CRS would want to make such drastic changes considering we are so close to Steam launch.  

XOOM :I am discussing it internally with my team more.

Edited by braum

blakeh

They tried something -- maybe it is not working- but we can still learn from it.

It really speeds up the game- you can't sit in a spawn and snipe - you need more defence at the cps-- you need to react much faster.

However, it gives the Over pop side a huge advantage.

denisd
6 minutes ago, blakeh said:

They tried something -- maybe it is not working- but we can still learn from it.

It really speeds up the game- you can't sit in a spawn and snipe - you need more defence at the cps-- you need to react much faster.

However, it gives the Over pop side a huge advantage.

The cons far far outweigh the pros.   It was a nice try, but time to move on and we shall never discuss this again!

• Like 1

Mosizlak
11 minutes ago, denisd said:

The cons far far outweigh the pros.   It was a nice try, but time to move on and we shall never discuss this again!

Sure, change the cap timers. Try 2 minute timers, see how it goes. 30 seconds is a joke and a not well thought out joke.

lipton

CRS is always patting themselves on the back... bragging about how they listen to their customers. But, I don't recall a discussion about this. They just blindsided us with it. And now? Not a peep out of them.

I agree with others. I don't like, as a paying customer, being used as a beta tester. This should NEVER have been implemented on a campaign.

It should have been tested on an intermission first.  Then this whole embarrassing mess could  have been avoided.  It reeks of the old Rat team tactics. 

I'm not going to say I will be sitting this one out, because I might need to kill something to relieve some stress in the next 2 days. I don't see this lasting longer than that. 

Remember when Coca-Cola quit selling Coke and introduced "New Coke"? This reminds me of that mistake. (Too young to remember that? Google it. It was the biggest Marketing boondoggle of ALL TIMES)

Edited by lipton

Capco
33 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Sure, change the cap timers. Try 2 minute timers, see how it goes. 30 seconds is a joke and a not well thought out joke.

I think 4min is a good place to start.  

Mosizlak
3 minutes ago, capco said:

I think 4min is a good place to start.  

Either one would make for a good starting point. 

With 30 seconds caps you might as well make it as soon as you walk into the CP. 

Capco
10 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Either one would make for a good starting point. 

With 30 seconds caps you might as well make it as soon as you walk into the CP. 

Yep, agreed.  I just threw out 4 as an idea (probably like your 2).  Anything but 30 seconds lol.  

Xoom said in his post earlier that they would revert the timers back to what they were previously.  I'm not sure that's a good idea.  I think they might be on to something here with lowering the cap timers.  

Maybe something like 2-4 min for 1 capper, and 8 cappers gets you a cap in 1min?  

Having a range encourages grouping up.  Having max speed from 1 capper encourages everyone to camp.  

• Like 1

denisd
1 minute ago, capco said:

Yep, agreed.  I just threw out 4 as an idea (probably like your 2).  Anything but 30 seconds lol.  

Xoom said in his post earlier that they would revert the timers back to what they were previously.  I'm not sure that's a good idea.  I think they might be on to something here with lowering the cap timers.  

Maybe something like 2-4 min for 1 capper, and 8 cappers gets you a cap in 1min?  

Having a range encourages grouping up.  Having max speed from 1 capper encourages everyone to camp.  

I think the majority of the player base can get onboard with something like that. BUT  it MUST address side imbalance.  Cap timers must be on a sliding scale. Faster cap for underpop, and longer cap timers for overpop.  But of course this would NEVER be acceptable to the hmm  OP side.

Mosizlak
3 minutes ago, capco said:

Xoom said that? Thank christ. 

Did he say when? 

denisd
Just now, Mosizlak said:

Did he say when? 

it got deleted. I'm guessing pending further discussion among the devs.  They might be looking at Saturday afternoon/evening stats and see the dramatic drop off in logins.

Capco
4 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Did he say when? 

In the deleted post, he said they will keep the timers for the remainder of the campaign, then switch them back to the previous levels for the next campaign.

Maybe he deleted it because he's reviewing his options?  Idk.  

skers

I would have appreciated a little more of a heads up on this one, but I'm glad they are testing stuff out.

I'm guessing that CRS introduced this into a campaign environment so that they could get an idea of what said change would produce under load. Now they have two reference points to work from. 8 minutes versus 30 seconds. One is glacial and the other spastic. Now they can probably start working with ideas to find a sweet spot in the middle.

Haybes was a pretty intense fight last night at times. CPs were changing hands regularly..it was a bar brawl really. However, I noticed that with a 30 second capture timer, an overpop attacker gets the AB camp phase of a town assault going pretty early in a fight.  Normally, during prime time at least, there is some ebb and flow before that point is reached. 

SCKING

30sec spawn timer is one issue, agree that it should be done in intermission when its a pop surprise like that. Had the same thought as lipton with the claims that this CRS is not like the old CRS. I also have not seen any discussion regarding quicker timers (or at least not 30sec timers). 

I am more sore about the deployments at the beginning of the map that left Leuven absolutely empty against two full divisions even when it was brought up to a Rat prior to the map going live. Seems I am the only one that is sore about it though so I will have to just get over it I guess.  

• Like 1

lipton

Well, I've tried twice today to get invested and not worry about the stupid timer. 

But I just can't seem to give a damn. I just want this campaign to be F'n over already. 

Both times I logged out after an hour because it just isn't fun. Can't seem to .... care enough to stay logged in.

Maybe I'll be back. But probably not. 

Dumbest idea they've ever tried ... WITHOUT EVEN ASKING OUR OPINION FFS

SNIPER62

we're all here and reading the reactions to these changes and we're weighing the options on what can be done.

Mosizlak
3 minutes ago, SNIPER62 said:

we're all here and reading the reactions to these changes and we're weighing the options on what can be done.

Scrap the current map. Or call it an intermission with stats. 

Start over with lengthened cap timers.  

8 minutes ago, Scking said:

30sec spawn timer is one issue, agree that it should be done in intermission when its a pop surprise like that. Had the same thought as lipton with the claims that this CRS is not like the old CRS. I also have not seen any discussion regarding quicker timers (or at least not 30sec timers). 

I am more sore about the deployments at the beginning of the map that left Leuven absolutely empty against two full divisions even when it was brought up to a Rat prior to the map going live. Seems I am the only one that is sore about it though so I will have to just get over it I guess.  

No, I thought it was ridiculous as well. I thought there were no AHC online to move the brigades. 

Very shoddy opening to a ridiculous campaign.