Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[RESOLVED] (1.35.8.1 hotfix) flak 30 is invisible at certain ranges (1382)

major0noob

Saw a ton of this during my time in game this afternoon/evening. At ranges that I would expect any ground unit to render to the naked eye they did not. If I glassed them with my binos they did render. If you don't have optics, the only visual reference that gives their position away is the muzzle flash when they fire. 

4 hours ago, capco said:

How does stuff like this even happen?

@capco @skers @gretnine @major0noob

MOAR TESTERS NEEDED.

No but this is actually a funny story, and serves to remind everyone on the team that we still have lots of learning to do. The team was excited to introduce new art to the flak 30, and the Alpha Team was excited to test it. So there we are testing it, offline and online, when low and behold it's file is a bit different then the UK/FR light AA which also received new models. Basically, the issue is not present in offline mode in external views. When testing online and going over these new models we went out to about 150 meters (only the first LOD, without knowing any better).

So how does this happen?
Small mistake, like a typo in a file.

How does it get missed?
We're still working to really get our regression testing and acceptance checklists setup. It's a team effort, and it's getting easier, but in this instance it was truly an oversight and the weakness lay in the method in which we decided to test this particular item.

So going forward it's certainly a lesson learned for us when it comes to testing art elements and what is actually going to be required to test them as they enter the game or go through any changes.

Oh right - we've also tested, signed off on, and sent back to DEV (as of a few hours ago) a hotfix to address this specific issue. It should be in a patch in the next day or so along with some fixes we want to try with netcode3 post our previous test last tuesday. Fun fact - this last testing session included the presence of our new Beta Team, bringing our total tester numbers upwards of 20. We still need moar!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WAVER25 said:

@capco @skers @gretnine @major0noob

MOAR TESTERS NEEDED.

Fun fact - this last testing session included the presence of our new Beta Team, bringing our total tester numbers upwards of 20. We still need moar!

Fun fact -  I donated $275 to the fund drive in the hopes of being 1 of 5 picked as a beta tester. Never even received the promised thank you email.  Now you can just sigh up?  lol

• Like 1