Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Di11on

Simple improvement - allow trucks to resupply air

11 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

A very simple change that could add some spice to the air game would be to allow aircraft to resupply from trucks. It would allow a soft of forward airstrip to be created if someone were to drive a truck out of town a little way into a clearing. 

1 person likes this

the germans did something like this on the eastern front, and the current Russian jets can use a dirt road and fuel dump as a airfield.

if it can be done there's no harm in trying it.

no need to add RTB'ing, supply, AI's, a new PPO, repairs, or the hundreds of other add-on suggestions that inevitably pop up whenever this is suggested

just a simple "resupply from trucks".

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

no need to add RTB'ing, supply, AI's, a new PPO, repairs, or the hundreds of other add-on suggestions that inevitably pop up whenever this is suggested

just a simple "resupply from trucks".

Exactly!

1 person likes this

I like this idea. Several times I've landed on an open field near a town after running my guns dry strafing enemy Opels, and I really wish I could have a refill. 

Nobody is getting a flying truck before I get my motorcycle. Nobody.

Uh, no.

Maybe model a fuel truck, spawned at AFs only, (4 per AF?), that can refuel/rearm aircraft.

Then, drive your truck where major air operations will be, and refuel/rearm all you want.

This provides more player action, the trucks can be hunted and would simulate a forward AF type operation.

Way to many trucks all over the map to just allow any truck to refuel/rearm aircraft.

On 2017-05-02 at 4:58 AM, delems said:

Uh, no.

Maybe model a fuel truck, spawned at AFs only, (4 per AF?), that can refuel/rearm aircraft.

Then, drive your truck where major air operations will be, and refuel/rearm all you want.

This provides more player action, the trucks can be hunted and would simulate a forward AF type operation.

Way to many trucks all over the map to just allow any truck to refuel/rearm aircraft.

Also like this idea, because it will encourage (radio) contact between air and inf (when voice comms are integrated)

And trucks is the fastest way to get this.

Although if allowing myself to go a bit off-topic, if modelling of fuel truck is possible (because I agree we have to many trucks, and they are already a kind of "no-name attack vehicle") then I would suggest a "repair vehicle" as well, for both tanks and air.

I love this idea I would also like to see planes that can transport Opel's/Morris/laffy it would open up England more for the axis and make factory defenses more vital

Or instead of trucks, make FBs as a resupply for air. Plenty of ground to land for the most part. Even on road(s) that are close to FBs. 

Widen the range of resup at FBs for air planes to have more options to land. Obviously increasing resupply times would be ideal.

Edited by gretnine

making a new model sounds laborious and time consuming that could otherwise be spent solving issues that already exist before this title hits the steam front page, but the standard truck being able to supply aircraft with ammo doesn't sound like that bad of an idea at all and (I don't really have a clue) seems like an easy patch to whip up in a few hours time for a test to see how things go.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0