a3ist

F2P feedback - why I wouldn't pay for this

156 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lipton said:

People always post that same stupid video of a guy standing in one spot and trying not to fall over backwards while firing very short burst. We've all seen it. Lame 

I can skydive. But that doesn't prove I can fly. 

Now please find a video of a guy firing one while running around from room to room and up a flight of stairs. And PLEASE show me a video of someone reloading one while running around from room to room and up a flight of stairs. 

What is "iconic" is seeing them in a prone position firing.  Iconic... lol

Yup fact is people are using the LMG like a SMG with a high capacity mag to run around and clear buildings and CP's.

The LMG is a squad suppression weapon, it's a fire superiority weapon, it's a prone fired deployed battle field nightmare, it's NOT a CQB weapon!

Period lol. 

8 minutes ago, E7usn said:

Yup fact is people are using the LMG like a SMG with a high capacity mag to run around and clear buildings and CP's.

The LMG is a squad suppression weapon, it's a fire superiority weapon, it's a prone fired deployed battle field nightmare, it's NOT a CQB weapon!

Period lol. 

And the panhard and DAC were recon vehicles, not solo tank executioners. 

Period. 

Right?  LOL

On 5/9/2017 at 7:29 AM, E7usn said:

Hell even Rambo stood still when he hip fired his M60 and mowed down people <_<.

Rambo is pretty accurate to how I feel whenever a axis player comes through and mows 30 people down in six seconds

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Period. 

Right?  LOL

Moe your argument is intellectually flawed IMO :)

The DAC and Pan can be driven and fired while moving. No one is using them to clear buildings.  :P

I get your argument about not using equipment the way it was intended.

But comparing the LMG as a CQB weapon (running and firing accurately) and the DAC and Pan as main battle tanks is apple and oranges. 

1 person likes this

It's basically all the guy can do  to smite an unarmed pumpkin 10 ft away,  which he spends most of his time missing because the recoil is so intense,  this does not  really help the " leave it as it is camp".

But that tripod, that would be fun in game...

too bad there's no allied  equilvent, at least  not with that fine of control.

12 minutes ago, E7usn said:

I get your argument about not using equipment the way it was intended.

Oddly it's not just a problem related to the game..... a while back the US Army started to give its FIST (FIre Support Teams) the Bradley (B-FIST) so that they could keep up with the Armor and Infantry.  What they found was that rather than continue to report contacts and call for supporting fires, the crews were trying to actively engage........ 

1 person likes this

This whole argument about LMG's is very philosophical.

The capability of a LMG  to fire while running is certainly there. No argument.

I think it needs to be looked at in the context of the game and how it balances the effective use in game and what it's presently being used for.
I don't think we can balance the LMG based on it's real life uses.

The LMG currently in game is being used in a way it was never intended IMO and doing a very good job at it.  It's a highly mobile high capacity CQB weapon that is being fired quite accurately from the hip. It was designed to be fired from the deployed position.

I for one would not like to see it "nerfed" in that it CAN'T fire while running. That simply isn't accurate. 

Maybe a couple of suggestions here.

Reducing the speed of the run while carrying the LMG to a slow jog.
Take away the ability to sprint or reduce it's duration/Distance so you fatigue faster and recover slower,
Reduce the LMG numbers a bit.
Reduce the accuracy of running and firing.

Again it's a tough argument. This game is unique in that is stimulates these kinds of debates. lol 

If you guys had another option to 'pay without paying' would you use it? Before I expand on that i'll tell you why I still pay for this game despite rarely playing it. One reason and one reason only.

This team is the only team on planet earth dumb enough to continue trying to catch this combined arms mmo lightning in a bottle (and i say this with absolute respect). Nobody else on the planet will attempt this. The closest things I'm aware of are significantly smaller in scope - which is fine - this isn't meant to be any 'hate' towards anything else on the market. on the contrary, this is merely my opinion and observation that this game, this team, and this community is the only thing like it in existence ...

... and i think the 'ultimate ww2ol' is do-able and could be amazing.

That's why i pay. If the above isn't moving for you, fine, wasn't intended to be - but maybe read what i wrote a few times and tell me if you agree. if you do, maybe $10 a month is critical for you in which case i wouldn't recommend you spending that on this game. however, $10 a month for me is nothing and it's the least I can do to support the only team on earth attempting to do something really difficult that could be absolute magic.

That said, if you guys had an amazon link that you could use to do all your normal shopping with would you use that link in exchange for a $5 account? What about a $10 unlimited account? You're all already buying stuff on amazon anyway. Just curious. I'll use me as an example, calendar year to date i've spent ... way too much on amazon lol. If CRS participated in 10% of the sales for just my amazon purchases - they'd have made over $400 from me ... and there are 7 ... well 6.5 months left.

No game that i'm aware of has attempted something like what i'm suggesting, but, idk it seems like an interesting option for folks to 'play for "free"' and the important part, crs gets more money to do more interesting stuff. 

thoughts?

Edited by madrebel
1 person likes this

@XOOM since we are  talking about making the LMG more realistic, I wanted to revisit the idea of a LMG crew. See link below.

The general concept is to make a few mods to the load outs of existing infantry classes to make the gunner more dependent on someone who supplies ammo. 

Before we nerf the LMG can we nerf the allied bazooka player? They can run for miles and miles carrying that tube plus 4 rounds and literally run down a tank.

We've been discussing the LMG issue for 15 years and nothing's been done about it. The Zook has been in game for a couple years and it's already been "fixed" once. 

Let's focus on the LMG this time.   (and the Axis shotgun) *runs away*

1 minute ago, lipton said:

We've been discussing the LMG issue for 15 years and nothing's been done about it. The Zook has been in game for a couple years and it's already been "fixed" once. 

Let's focus on the LMG this time.   (and the Axis shotgun) *runs away*

It's all about stamina. Go ahead and shoot your lmg hand held but you better expect to wear yourself out very quickly. My poor rifleman can't even hold aim when prone and a zook player doesn't die from heat exhaustion chasing tankers for miles on end. Stamina Stamina Stamina! It needs reworked first.

4 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Period. 

Right?  LOL

That is simply an issue with Fear of Death. Can't fix stupid. And it's typically pretty stupid to go tank hunting with just a Panny.

But, people have zero fear of death and because of that, it does occasionally come out ahead. But not typically.  

Same can't be said about the Axis LMG. It usually comes out on top when running around in a CP like a chicken with it's head cut off. lol

If it didn't, people would immediately spawn it to clear a cp

Allied LMG is the LAST thing I spawn to clear a cp.

Edited by lipton

Just now, lipton said:

That is simply an issue with Fear of Death. Can't fix stupid. And it's typically pretty stupid to go tank hunting with just a Panny.

But, people have zero fear of death and because of that, it does occasionally come out ahead. But not typically.  

Same can't be said about the Axis LMG. It usually comes out on top when running around in a CP like a chicken with it's head cut off. lol

No tank was ever as quiet as our allied tanks. They don't even break a twig sneaking up on you. We need some crunchy leaves and twigs in this game. The occasional broken tree branch and scraping sounds as they move through the forest.

1 hour ago, rsix said:

@XOOM since we are  talking about making the LMG more realistic, I wanted to revisit the idea of a LMG crew. See link below.

The general concept is to make a few mods to the load outs of existing infantry classes to make the gunner more dependent on someone who supplies ammo. 

I have responded to your thread. Thanks for your feedback, S! 

Mo is exactly right about the Panhard and Daimler. That's the history of the Puma armored car. The German high command ordered 234s with either a 20mm autocannon or a 75mm L/24, both suitable for getting out of ambushes in order to run, neither suitable for direct combat. Some mid-level guy (probably a game player!) knew about the availability of a batch of unused turrets for a cancelled light tank project, plus leftover 50mm L/60 guns, and via conspiracy with the maker the order was changed to produce the Puma instead. So, the immediate result was that armored divisions started getting much less recon info and became much less effective, and the casualty rate for recon units went sky-high. Puma crews were so excited about their ability to kill tanks from the flank that they went tank hunting, and were getting themselves killed left and right.

So: is copying a short term gross error on the part of an army, realistic or not?

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Sudden said:

Hip firing would jam it. Shoulder fire would work.

it was just a failure to feed from a loose belt. magazine fed versions shouldn't have this problem

Edited by major0noob

10 hours ago, E7usn said:

Reducing the speed of the run while carrying the LMG to a slow jog.
Take away the ability to sprint or reduce it's duration/Distance so you fatigue faster and recover slower,
Reduce the LMG numbers a bit.
Reduce the accuracy of running and firing.

+1 to all of this

no need to make it stop working

Edited by major0noob

All LMGs: No firing on the move. Three seconds to deploy after stopping movement and before firing. One second to undeploy after firing before moving.

And, LMGs and all other infantry heavy weapons spawn unloaded. All loading and reloading is by ammo transfer from another infantryman.

5 hours ago, XOOM said:

I have responded to your thread. Thanks for your feedback, S! 

I am just glad that the new Rats team genuinely considers player feedback  S!

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, rsix said:

I am just glad that the new Rats team genuinely considers player feedback  S!

It has to be be pretty difficult to sort through all the side biased whining though.

CRS i commend you...LOL

1 person likes this

Just so we're all on the same page,

LMG = bipod 

MMG = tripod

HMG = tripod and optics (see below)

That as a rough rule of thumb, I keep seeing people referring to the tripod mounted MG 34 as a light machine gun and really it's not it's a heavy  Machine gun when so configured.

The browning 30 CAL we're getting in game was typically a medium machine gun because it was almost always mounted on a tripod,  ( of course we're getting the lmg  configuration) the water cooled variant which was also mounted on a tripod was considered a heavy machine gun,  and obviously the browning 50 Cal was a heavy machine gun, the British Vickers mounted on a tripod was a heavy machine gun...

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

All LMGs: No firing on the move. Three seconds to deploy after stopping movement and before firing. One second to undeploy after firing before moving.

And, LMGs and all other infantry heavy weapons spawn unloaded. All loading and reloading is by ammo transfer from another infantryman.

I wouldn't go that far, the gunner always carried some ammo.

If I had my druthers  The light machine guns would only be able to fire  when deployed.

So the rest sounds OK