• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
a3ist

F2P feedback - why I wouldn't pay for this

156 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, lipton said:

(and the Axis shotgun) *runs away*

this is a weird issue, there's absolutely no doubt the axis grenadier is better than the allied counterparts, but its stats are only slightly better than both and equal in kills.

i think it's just a rude way to get killed now, and no more effective than a rifleman

Edit:

my fire hose comparison is exactly like this video: the tub represents the possible places bullets will go, the shower is the gun

what were using now is a normal shower, every shot has a chance to hit any part of the tub.

my suggestion like in the video, is to limit each shots possible cone to the previous shots location

so powerful high RoF guns would go way off and be out of control in a interesting and realistic fashion, while lighter SMG's would be controllable.

Edited by major0noob

Can we talk about the ping?

I live in France near le Havre and playing with infantry is pretty much horrible.

I am at 120 of ping, if not 150. And no, I don't have a [censored] line, it's just the server looks to be too far away.

With a ping like this, I sometime get killed before the EI even appear in front of me.

3 hours ago, kuronyra said:

Can we talk about the ping?

I live in France near le Havre and playing with infantry is pretty much horrible.

I am at 120 of ping, if not 150. And no, I don't have a [censored] line, it's just the server looks to be too far away.

With a ping like this, I sometime get killed before the EI even appear in front of me.

Well this could be more geographical related and not sure how they could help you with this.

Just now, bmw said:

Well this could be more geographical related and not sure how they could help you with this.

Well the thing is, I tried multiple time the game all around France, ping is always meh.

If they want people to play that game, they also need good server close enought to allow correct ping.

1 hour ago, kuronyra said:

Well the thing is, I tried multiple time the game all around France, ping is always meh.

If they want people to play that game, they also need good server close enought to allow correct ping.

As far as I know there are a lot of people from  Europe  that play the game and they have good connections, don't they have fiber  to the end user there? 

2 minutes ago, brady said:

As far as I know there are a lot of people from  Europe  that play the game and they have good connections, don't they have fiber  to the end user there? 

Hahahahahahaha. No.

In the big town yes, but the rest? Heck, some place don't even have 3G.

55 minutes ago, brady said:

don't they have fiber  to the end user there? 

fiber to the end user isnt all that common anywhere in the world. to the neighborhood sure and in some locations even all the way to the curb but that isn't the common defacto standard outside of maybe Seoul Korea.

I guess I'm lucky then , I thought it was more common, but certainly DSL is widely available isnt it?

sure, but DSL is the antithesis of fiber. like quite lieterally DSL was invented to run on different frequencies riding on top of phone signals over POTs networks. granted these days it's more typical to run DSL signaling over fiber, but, there is a lot of copper/POTs DSL still out there.

40 minutes ago, brady said:

I guess I'm lucky then , I thought it was more common, but certainly DSL is widely available isnt it?

Believe me, because you have a supposedly good connection doesn't make it really good.

I have a acceptable connection to the internet, but if a video game got his server and the relay of the server too far away. I get highter ping. It's basic. ;)

And WWIIOL have less than good server for people in my case, and I believe to represent a majority of player who are close from big city, but not THAT close.

16 hours ago, jwilly said:

Mo is exactly right about the Panhard and Daimler. That's the history of the Puma armored car. The German high command ordered 234s with either a 20mm autocannon or a 75mm L/24, both suitable for getting out of ambushes in order to run, neither suitable for direct combat. Some mid-level guy (probably a game player!) knew about the availability of a batch of unused turrets for a cancelled light tank project, plus leftover 50mm L/60 guns, and via conspiracy with the maker the order was changed to produce the Puma instead. So, the immediate result was that armored divisions started getting much less recon info and became much less effective, and the casualty rate for recon units went sky-high. Puma crews were so excited about their ability to kill tanks from the flank that they went tank hunting, and were getting themselves killed left and right.

So: is copying a short term gross error on the part of an army, realistic or not?

Hahaha.

This is just too perfect of a response to the Dac-Pan crowd ;)

16 hours ago, jwilly said:

Mo is exactly right about the Panhard and Daimler. That's the history of the Puma armored car. The German high command ordered 234s with either a 20mm autocannon or a 75mm L/24, both suitable for getting out of ambushes in order to run, neither suitable for direct combat. Some mid-level guy (probably a game player!) knew about the availability of a batch of unused turrets for a cancelled light tank project, plus leftover 50mm L/60 guns, and via conspiracy with the maker the order was changed to produce the Puma instead. So, the immediate result was that armored divisions started getting much less recon info and became much less effective, and the casualty rate for recon units went sky-high. Puma crews were so excited about their ability to kill tanks from the flank that they went tank hunting, and were getting themselves killed left and right.

So: is copying a short term gross error on the part of an army, realistic or not?

There is no recon in this game, you can get in "enemy territory" and you are not spotted, there is a lot of empty space in the game. A recon car with a good gun will far better than some proper tanks in this game.

And late WW2 and post-ww2 there was a big shift in armor development that remains to this day where a powerful guns and speed is preferable to armor.

Edited by pbveteran

Moz said:  And the panhard and DAC were recon vehicles, not solo tank executioners.  Period.  Right?  LOL

How come you didn't mention the 232? Hmmm? They do the same thing you are biatcching about. So I guess we should eliminate the, Pan, Dac, 232, Vickie, and any other small thing. Oh, lets eliminate the LMG as it is not being used correctly. Oh and the PAK and GUNS as I have seen them pushed for klicks across the map (the crew should be totally exhausted (stamina needs looked at here). And ....... well you get the point.

Moz, Lets shut the game down and not fix anything or is it that only Fix allied stuff that nurfs so axis can win the map on the 1st day and everyday. PERIOD

1 hour ago, madrebel said:

sure, but DSL is the antithesis of fiber. like quite lieterally DSL was invented to run on different frequencies riding on top of phone signals over POTs networks. granted these days it's more typical to run DSL signaling over fiber, but, there is a lot of copper/POTs DSL still out there.

Yeah like in NJ..........no fiber where I live only DSL or cable.  

Oh and when you watch the RAMBO vid. He is shooting at one individual, but waving the gun about 5" from side to side. That would not be focused on the one guy as most rounds would miss. It was the last guy shot. Not a realistic use of the weapon and I should know, I was the armorer for a brigade.

21 minutes ago, imded said:

Moz said:  And the panhard and DAC were recon vehicles, not solo tank executioners.  Period.  Right?  LOL

How come you didn't mention the 232? Hmmm? They do the same thing you are biatcching about. So I guess we should eliminate the, Pan, Dac, 232, Vickie, and any other small thing. Oh, lets eliminate the LMG as it is not being used correctly. Oh and the PAK and GUNS as I have seen them pushed for klicks across the map (the crew should be totally exhausted (stamina needs looked at here). And ....... well you get the point.

Moz, Lets shut the game down and not fix anything or is it that only Fix allied stuff that nurfs so axis can win the map on the 1st day and everyday. PERIOD

What tanks does the 232 kill?

44 minutes ago, optik said:

What tanks does the 232 kill?

have had one kill my Sherman, Vicky, DAC, Pan, and several others to mention a few.

I don't know how there are people that still talk about the axis grenadier, it was immediately obvious that it was nerfed after the "HE audit". The exact spots where its impact used to be effective such as at the top of stairwells do not even incidentally kill an enemy infantry anymore. It really sucks because it was one of the only ways to defend against the players blatantly throttling their connections and running ESP hacks. I guess too many of the "top" infantry players complained though because their killstreaks would occasionally get ended.

Anyway making LMGs have to deploy before firing would really be a stealth buff to LMGs as it would stop them from being wasted in depot combat, and leave more for players that want to set up bases of fire. I think a problem is that many of the remaining players here don't seem to really want a change to the absurd gameplay, and the big complaint is that the LMG hipfire bullet hoses aren't equal because one faction gets 50 rounds and the other 20.

11 minutes ago, imded said:

have had one kill my Sherman, Vicky, DAC, Pan, and several others to mention a few.

232s can only kill the other armored cars (at short range) and some of the trash tanks. DACs and pans routinely get kills on the top-tier axis tanks except the tiger. There's almost no comparison especially when everyone here seems to love a holistic notion of faction balance.

There are some extreme shots which might make them technically able to kill some of the better tanks but I haven't ever seen work except on the training server, and that was years ago.

Edited by david01

50 minutes ago, david01 said:

I don't know how there are people that still talk about the axis grenadier, it was immediately obvious that it was nerfed after the "HE audit". The exact spots where its impact used to be effective such as at the top of stairwells do not even incidentally kill an enemy infantry anymore. It really sucks because it was one of the only ways to defend against the players blatantly throttling their connections and running ESP hacks. I guess too many of the "top" infantry players complained though because their killstreaks would occasionally get ended.

Anyway making LMGs have to deploy before firing would really be a stealth buff to LMGs as it would stop them from being wasted in depot combat, and leave more for players that want to set up bases of fire. I think a problem is that many of the remaining players here don't seem to really want a change to the absurd gameplay, and the big complaint is that the LMG hipfire bullet hoses aren't equal because one faction gets 50 rounds and the other 20.

So only the Axis should have a weapon to defend against the players blatantly throttling their connections and running ESP hacks?  Or are the Allies the only ones to blatantly throttle their connections and run ESP hacks? ;)

I also agree about it being a hidden buff to LMGs as well, for the same reasons you stated.

*** What tanks does the 232 kill?

The 232 this map so far has exactly 4 non light tank kills.

The panny has 61;  The DAC has 57.

So the armored cars are 118 to 4, or a 29.5 KD on axis main battle tanks.

In other terms, the axis 232 has a 0.03 KD on allied main battle tanks.

1 person likes this

Or, who knows, maybe realistically slow down off-road wheeled vehicle mobility. :D

making LMGs have to deploy before firing would really be a stealth buff to LMGs as it would stop them from being wasted in depot combat, and leave more for players that want to set up bases of fire.  

Great!

and hooray for armies that are armed differently in every possible way, but have equal overall-aggregate lethalities.

On 2017-5-10 at 2:26 PM, Sudden said:

Hip firing would jam it. Shoulder fire would work.

Shoulder fire is completely useless he barely holds it and shooting is all over the place and that target is extremely at close range he is already buffed imagine running with and that is only a 50 ammo belt.

AFAIK this was the real ww2 tactic to fire the mg42 not prone, i think i seen it on some real ww2 combat footage

9 hours ago, delems said:

*** What tanks does the 232 kill?

The 232 this map so far has exactly 4 non light tank kills.

The panny has 61;  The DAC has 57.

So the armored cars are 118 to 4, or a 29.5 KD on axis main battle tanks.

In other terms, the axis 232 has a 0.03 KD on allied main battle tanks.

This math makes no sense. You're saying in the killing of those 118 ETs, 4 scout cars were lost to ETs.

That's patently false.

1 person likes this