DAGGER

Steam Store Page Launched

19 posts in this topic

I took a look at the store page this became blatantly obvious . The screen shots showed mostly AXIS ones. There are 11 screen shots and 7 of them feature AXIS. Almost 2 to 1.

So, we need to change this cause people will focus on AXIS in most cases and we sure could use a boost in population in the ALLIED side.

By featuring AXIS mostly. You will get more AXIS. Simple math.

Seriously CRS.

If you have some great allied screenies, send them to me, I'm happy to put them up if they're good!

Heck, if you wanted, you could contribute to the Steam Community hub!

1 hour ago, imded said:

I took a look at the store page this became blatantly obvious . The screen shots showed mostly AXIS ones. There are 11 screen shots and 7 of them feature AXIS. Almost 2 to 1.

So, we need to change this cause people will focus on AXIS in most cases and we sure could use a boost in population in the ALLIED side.

Seriously CRS.

Come on don't start with the Axis bias lol 

S!

1 hour ago, imded said:

I am all for having more stuff to shoot at, once we kill them a million times they come over to the Allied side thinking were the coolest thing since sliced cheese :)

There have always been more Axis pics than Allied. Nothing new to see here. Move along...

9 minutes ago, brady said:

I am all for having more stuff to shoot at, once we kill them a million times they come over to the Allied side thinking were the coolest thing since sliced cheese :)

Sliced cheese? I didn't know it came in anything other than an aerosol can!

... learn something new every day... 

If there is one thing I HATE about Steam, it's that you have to use their idiotic Steam Guard feature if you want to post ANYTHING to their site.  Well, bite my azz, Steam!  It isn't going to happen.  I have the cookies and cache set to clear every time I shut down my browser, for security purposes.  If you make me obtain and enter a separate authentication code each time I log in, just to use the features on your website, my answer will be to STAY AWAY from your website.  That's what passwords are for, in the first place.  You lose, oh high and mighty butt munchers of Steam powers that be!  Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

-Irish

At the Steam Store Web -> Metacritic now 76

We should aim to change that. It is one of the first things people are going to check.

Link to Metacritic

Teh worse marks comes from G4 TV   and  eurogamer.

-  Maybe the RATS could contact them and ask them to check their notes and reviews taking into account the last changes.

most of those reviews are quite ooold

- Also rating ourselves as users would help ;) because the last 2 rates are quite negative.

Edited by piska250

17 hours ago, E7usn said:

Come on don't start with the Axis bias lol 

S!

Just pointing out that we need more Allied pics to even things up. It is obvious that the Axis have more players. Would be nice if we get some more to make it closer to even. Just sayin.

12 hours ago, piska250 said:

At the Steam Store Web -> Metacritic now 76

We should aim to change that. It is one of the first things people are going to check.

Link to Metacritic

Teh worse marks comes from G4 TV   and  eurogamer.

-  Maybe the RATS could contact them and ask them to check their notes and reviews taking into account the last changes.

most of those reviews are quite ooold

- Also rating ourselves as users would help ;) because the last 2 rates are quite negative.

User Rating of 7.9 is quite good though.

15 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

If there is one thing I HATE about Steam, it's that you have to use their idiotic Steam Guard feature if you want to post ANYTHING to their site.  Well, bite my azz, Steam!  It isn't going to happen.  I have the cookies and cache set to clear every time I shut down my browser, for security purposes.  If you make me obtain and enter a separate authentication code each time I log in, just to use the features on your website, my answer will be to STAY AWAY from your website.  That's what passwords are for, in the first place.  You lose, oh high and mighty butt munchers of Steam powers that be!  Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

-Irish

It's a lot easier to just post via your Steam app, either on your PC or your smart phone.  I never login via a browser.

22 hours ago, DAGGER said:

In case you didn't happen to see Xoom's dev update this week.

The Steam Store page and Steam Community Hub are now available.

If you're a Steam user, stop by and check it out!

Just a thought, but isn't the full title of the game Battleground Europe: World War II Online?  

17 minutes ago, monsjoex said:

User Rating of 7.9 is quite good though.

it'll pass enough people's interest threshold. hopefully it doesn't bomb in the steam reviews...

the screenshots are incredible, nobody will care which side is depicted :-/

awesome pictures > equal side pictures

23 minutes ago, capco said:

Just a thought, but isn't the full title of the game Battleground Europe: World War II Online?  

I think I recall Xoom mentioning that they will be going back to the old "World War II Online" branding

27 minutes ago, Scking said:

I think I recall Xoom mentioning that they will be going back to the old "World War II Online" branding

Confirmed. World War II Online is the brand name. Battleground Europe will only be used as a secondary thing, focus on WWIIOL. 

Impressive....
 even cry in the photos...lol:angry:

S!

It really can't be stated how important the Steam release will be for the future of this game. 

It's not the end all or be all but it will be a metric for the future. It's one of the reasons why the community needs to pull together and really sell the game. 
This game has history it has substance and it has pretty awesome game play. With people come subs, with subs come money, with money comes development. 

At least IMO 

S!

On 5/20/2017 at 8:15 AM, odonovan1 said:

-Irish

lmao.. Clears cookies and cache for security purposes every time browser closes... Complains about Auth system... Sigh.

You do realize that Steam Guard is for security purposes just as well? You might not need it, but millions of others do and they sure as hell want it. 

Edited by gretnine
1 person likes this