Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blakeh

Why not make intermission more interesting?

5 posts in this topic

Give each side 3 AOs and put the cap time to 30 secs-- nothing to lose doing that and at least intermission would stop being "Let the enemy cap a spawn then camp it with tanks"

3 AO's would promote fight avoidance 

Most people just want to run and gun during intermission.

With that said... I miss the Themed Intermissions.  Pearl Harbor was friggin awesome.

Fight avoidance?  Why would anyone play if they wanted to avoid a fight?  That is the whole purpose.  It is only intermission-- better than what we have now - just a camp fest.

Fight avoidance has been a major gameplay theme since the game's early days. Some players strive to capture without fighting. In a low-pop situation, one can capture ground much faster that way.

Other players of course want fights. The tension between these two gameplay approaches is a key design concern.

8 hours ago, lipton said:

I miss the Themed Intermissions.  Pearl Harbor was friggin awesome.

I've been thinking about this type of thing.  I would love to see a form of themed intermission based on unit types.  One time could be an infantry-only intermission.  Find a historical battle and an area that somewhat resembles the setting.  The next could be a tank/vehicle-only one, with a similar setting to a famous tank battle.  Another could be an air-only intermission.  Bring back the Battle of Britain or something similar.  That would get people who play only one type of unit out of their rut and into another type of unit, so they get a fresh look at the game from the other type's perspective.

Thoughts?

-Irish

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0