• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
XOOM

Brigade Removal Frozen for Steam "Early Access"

514 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Capco said:

If you really don't believe that the Axis curbstomping the Allies was the original reason players started leaving the "game" (apart from the fact that it started to get old as new games came out), idk what else to say.  

I was there for the curbstomping and gleefully took part in it.  It's the main reason why I ended up playing Allied after clubbing so many baby seals.  

So putting in a system that resulted in people pulling the ejection handle on their subscriptions was a good answer?  We are lucky this game got past 2012.  They were about to turn the lights out.  How many full time employees does the game have now?  How many volunteer versus full time employees?  We're lucky the game is alive now. The system sucks and it pushed people out the door.

Their are people who used to run mega squads who have the legacy builder subscriptions.  In other words, the don't pay a dime for the game because their squad bought them a lifetime subscription.  They don't login and play.  One is busy becoming a legend in World of Tanks instead.  I guess leading and organization carries to other games. 

Look at the people discussing game in this thread.  Vasduten -- playing H1Z1/KOTK  Me -- Shooting Vasduen in H1Z1/KOTK and stealing his backpack  Lob12 -- Apparently playing Eve online You -- Haven't played since April.  Four people discussing a game they barely log into.  I maintain a sub for me and my wife.  She doesn't play unless I'm on.  I don't know how long I will justify paying for a sub I barely use let alone a second one.  What has actually kept me here was the fact that CRS, or more specifically XOOM, recognized that changes need to be made and are working in that direction.  They actually want to bring fights back into the game instead of soft caps. Maybe when people hear there is actual fighting in the game again they may even want to come back. Who knows?

47 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Really, though... speaking of players not contributing but who argue on the forums for this or that, how ya doing, Lob12?

:)

Lets just say I shouldn't even be writing here, but I haz magic powers.

Not playing EvE right now btw my RL friends stopped sigh. They have old accounts but they play intermittently. I'm just not gaming much right now. Stupid RL.

And Capco is busy playing overwatch! What a [censored].

Edited by Lob12

3 minutes ago, saronin said:

So putting in a system that resulted in people pulling the ejection handle on their subscriptions was a good answer?

No.  Giving the players 100% control of the supply was a mistake in hindsight.  But the idea of putting in a balancing mechanism to help the Allies achieve parity was both necessary AND it actually worked.  

The point is, whatever the future looks like cannot just be a mirror of this game's past.  If the game becomes more populated but consists of Axis steamroll after Axis steamroll with a few Allied pity maps sprinkled in between like it was before, is that really better for everyone, or better for one side?  For all the people who say they just play for battles and not winning, I expect to see each of you playing Allied if the future is like this.  

1.36 needs a real balancing mechanism alongside it to replace the parity that TOEs provided while removing TOEs itself.  

Lulz at stealing vasnooben's backpack btw ;)  I play Overwatch and DayZ Mod now mostly.  

The game was quite healthy/interesting for many many years even with TOES, no matter what the OJ of this world would say. 

Theres no single reason for why this game population has decreased.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, saronin said:

Look at the people discussing game in this thread.  Vasduten -- playing H1Z1/KOTK  Me -- Shooting Vasduen in H1Z1/KOTK and stealing his backpack  Lob12 -- Apparently playing Eve online You -- Haven't played since April.  Four people discussing a game they barely log into.  I maintain a sub for me and my wife.  She doesn't play unless I'm on.  I don't know how long I will justify paying for a sub I barely use let alone a second one.  What has actually kept me here was the fact that CRS, or more specifically XOOM, recognized that changes need to be made and are working in that direction.  They actually want to bring fights back into the game instead of soft caps. Maybe when people hear there is actual fighting in the game again they may even want to come back. Who knows?

LOL, this is the only on-line game that I play.  I really don't care whether there are HC or not.  What I do care about are good, balanced battles and good game play.  The game nose-dived in the past, and may still yet in the future, when these are lacking.  Some type of game balancing feature is needed or the whole game could die. Look at the last 3-4 maps:  mostly blowouts.  Not much fun.  Seems to be that way 140 is going too.  

As for the current HC system, it does not work well, or at all with low pop.  Town based supply is the best solution I see.  Hope CRS can implement quickly.

40 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

The game was quite healthy/interesting for many many years even with TOES, no matter what the OJ of this world would say. 

Theres no single reason for why this game population has decreased.

Sorry man the game dropped off big time with TOES. Most of the squads of the time said they would pack up shop and they did so in large numbers. You cant blame that on OJ  he just voiced what a lot of players thought on the subject. Besides you can not argue with the results this game is a husk of its former self. I hope that steam changes that but I worry that this current system will leave a sour taste in any new players mouth.  Just remember the environment new players will be coming from outside this game  will be used to squad based play  they expect  and want that kind of leadership and  if the atmosphere here is to alien to them they will not adjust nor like what this game has to offer .

57 minutes ago, zbus said:

Sorry man the game dropped off big time with TOES. Most of the squads of the time said they would pack up shop and they did so in large numbers. You cant blame that on OJ  he just voiced what a lot of players thought on the subject. Besides you can not argue with the results this game is a husk of its former self. I hope that steam changes that but I worry that this current system will leave a sour taste in any new players mouth.  Just remember the environment new players will be coming from outside this game  will be used to squad based play  they expect  and want that kind of leadership and  if the atmosphere here is to alien to them they will not adjust nor like what this game has to offer .

Im a 2002 player. Most of you guys longing for a return to this era are suffering from misplaced nostalgia.

I played for more than 10 years without any real breaks so I'm pretty confident in my point of view.

The game thrived for years under TOES but at some point time just took its toll.

My squad was the first to be created the 5th of june 2001 and we  peaked number wise well after TOES. Many squads stayed very healthy during that period on both sides. So really when you say most squads left because of TOEs its just exaggerated.

Massive SD and the whole tz3 circus have cost us probably more players in the last 5 years

Edited by Lob12
2 people like this

17 hours ago, Capco said:

And there were easier fixes on the table for that than what they are trying to do now, fixes that could have been done a year ago that having nothing to do with town-based supply.  

If they were soooo easy then why werent they done?

You don't even log in to play at a time when you are needed and could actually be used. Instead your in the forums telling everyone how mega squads hurt you. You sound like Kilemall:rolleyes:

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

If they were soooo easy then why werent they done?

You don't even log in to play at a time when you are needed and could actually be used. Instead your in the forums telling everyone how mega squads hurt you. You sound like Kilemall:rolleyes:

People like Capco did a lot for this community. He put a shat ton of hours on the line. He's entitled to his opinion.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

If they were soooo easy then why weren't they done?

I would chalk that up to CRS's stubbornness and single-mindedness about 1.36.  They refused to listen to the exact same suggestions then that they're listening to now.   Gameplay could have improved in the meantime, but they did not expect development to take this long.  

CRS is only now open to suggestions for TOEs after the gravity of what they were trying to do hit them in the face after a year of development.  

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

CRS is only now open to suggestions for TOEs after the gravity of what they were trying to do hit them in the face after a year of development.  

I haven't heard a word about TOEs from them lately; even after campaign 139.

In fact, the silence is deafening.

5 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

I haven't heard a word about TOEs from them lately; even after campaign 139.

In fact, the silence is deafening.

Supposed to be a developer update today.. Haven't seen anything posted though.. (from campaign 140 start notification: Campaign 140 is now underway, see you Friday for a developer update!).. There was an update posted to Steam on the 21st but it really didn't give any details other than what we been hearing for the past few weeks with upgrades to the bandwidth and bringing new servers online.. 

Just unsubbed both accounts. 

I'll be back when town supply is put back in. Done with flags and the nonsense that comes with it. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Capco said:

I literally just said it was a faulted system in the post you quoted.  Those faults were fixable and workable, but the system as implemented was a disaster waiting to happen (as we've seen several years down the road).  I put as much blame on that as I do those persons refusal to work with it (since functionality was still achievable in its faulty state).  

<snip>

It's not fixable because the concept is bad. No one is going to play a MMOFPS when some other system invalidates the FPS gameplay. Any sort of hybrid TOE system will either be ineffective and just be needless busywork for the HC, or it will continue to be effective and aggravate all the FPS players. There's no fix you can make to TOE because it has achieved its goal.

Saying that TOE doesn't prevent something is weaseling out of the fact that an ingame action is useless. With TOE the only terrain that matters is that which either aids or impedes camping the army base. Go set up a blockade around town or establish control over a bridge, but those actions do not aid in capturing the town whatsoever. The other team will teleport their brigade in to town while you and your friends do nothing but contribute to spawn delay. The air war is also severely distorted by TOE but that's not explicitly "terrain".

When you're running ops in a guild you tell the people what you expect. If they like the play style they stay, if they don't they can leave or get kicked. This isn't a problem because there are a lot guilds, and guilds don't really have any ingame power except the power to exclude you. Some people run strict ops but it's called being competitive. Competitiveness is a good thing in a PvP MMO. You have a weird perception of online gaming groups and it probably explains why you're more worried more about big squads returning to the game than the lights being turned off due to a lack of subscribers.

I mentioned TOE failing after the Steam release but I thought about it some more, and in fact it doesn't matter because TOE failing and "succeeding" has the same result. Someone needs to find an example of successful TOE gameplay and make a promotional video for it because it'd be hilarious.

8 hours ago, Capco said:

Of course not.  And that's not remotely what I said or implied either.  

It's a reference to being an Allied player during the era of Axis dominance and has nothing to do with HC.  

20 out of 40 maps Axis Victories pre- TOE ... .AXIS dominance... ??  

In FACT ---- the WORST ERA of Axis Dominance in the history ... was from July 2011 - July 2012 ... During which time...

out of 12 Maps ... Axis won 10 and Allied won 1 with 1 truce...  

Such Dominance by Axis or Allied never occurred any other time in the HISTORY of this game.. in an entire year.. ONLY 1 victory for Allied side..

Game, just before TOE came on was at its BEST .. in my opinion... (it had town supply, it had AOs... it had Brigades to play with for HC as well even -even had a full orbat of HC!  and not MEGA squads but a good amount of decent sized ones -  HC movements were on steroid timers and were not required as it is now.  Supply was not IN a FLAG but town supply would activate when a flag was deployed there... 3-4 guys per side could manage the flag moves during the map - once per day or so was enough to check on flags ... closer to  a REAL military almost where deployments are NOT done every hour but as result of SIGNIFICANT planning and deployment or a significant enemy shift or breach not every hour the poor general has to make new orders - so fast paced and dynamic feels like hearts of iron on  highest speed setting lol ) ...

edited: for civility .. 

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Just unsubbed both accounts. 

I'll be back when town supply is put back in. Done with flags and the nonsense that comes with it. 

Sorry Mo - (especially for pissing u off yesterday! had just logged in and was trying to be funny :D ) Hope to see you back someday (and hope I am here till then ) 

S!

1 hour ago, potthead said:

20 out of 40 maps Axis Victories pre- TOE ... .AXIS dominance... ??  

The game existed from June 6, 2001 and the first true "Campaign" wasn't until October 2003.  

Of the first 40 campaigns, we have knowledge of 34 outcomes.  20 Axis victories and 13 Allied victories and 1 Undecided.  That equates to an Axis win percentage of nearly 60%.  It's a safe bet that more of the unknown campaign outcomes are Axis victories than Allied victories.

And that doesn't even count the baby seal clubbing that occurred from June 2001 to October 2003.  

https://stats.wwiionline.com/winhistory.php

Check your math potthead.

Edited by Capco

5 hours ago, Lob12 said:

Im a 2002 player. Most of you guys longing for a return to this era are suffering from misplaced nostalgia.

I played for more than 10 years without any real breaks so I'm pretty confident in my point of view.

The game thrived for years under TOES but at some point time just took its toll.

My squad was the first to be created the 5th of june 2001 and we  peaked number wise well after TOES. Many squads stayed very healthy during that period on both sides. So really when you say most squads left because of TOEs its just exaggerated.

Massive SD and the whole tz3 circus have cost us probably more players in the last 5 years

Yeah I was here at launch as well  whats your point .  

Trying to tell me numbers did not drop is just silly I was here I saw it  and I played almost 8 years  trying to live with the current  carp we have now.

News flash its a grand concept that failed  and will continue to fail prolonging it does not solve that issue. 

Now if you can get away from bashing OJ and others and realize that what i was saying is any new players we get from Steam will be coming from very different games . None of which are even remotely like WW 2 Online. Most of the new guys will be coming from squad centric  games so making the game Squad based  makes the most sense if you want to retain them as players so yes that means dumping AO, HC, and going back to town supply so Squads can dictate the map.

You talk about TZ3 but fail to mention the massive amount of times the whole game comes to a stop when no HC  are on to move a flag  causing  large groups of battalions to get sent to training. How do you think that  helped with retaining players ?

By the way I re-subbed due to hearing the news of town based supply being put back in  

1 person likes this

So TOES should stay because the Allies had a hard time in the beginning because of organized Axis mega squads?

TOEs are like cancer to this game and need to be cut out.

CRS needs to start fresh and not listen to the people that want to over complicate the game with all their fn rules.

Capco, please log in and show us how great of a map mover you are.

SYSTEM has just made a few moves

2 people like this

1 hour ago, david01 said:

You have a weird perception of online gaming groups and it probably explains why you're more worried more about big squads returning to the game than the lights being turned off due to a lack of subscribers.

I'm actually not against the return of mega squads.  I welcome their return alongside a proper balancing mechanism so we don't return to the days of yore.  

With great numbers comes great power.  You might think those mega squads didn't have any power, but when one person is wielding ~50% of your playerbase, as an HC officer you are pretty much at their beck and call, regardless of whether or not that squad's current objective is in line with the side's current objective.  

That's an issue that can be addressed with 1.36, and should.  

1 minute ago, Pittpete said:

So TOES should stay because the Allies had a hard time in the beginning because of organized Axis mega squads?

TOEs are like cancer to this game and need to be cut out.

CRS needs to start fresh and not listen to the people that want to over complicate the game with all their fn rules.

Capco, please log in and show us how great of a map mover you are.

SYSTEM has just made a few moves

Do you read?  Find anywhere in this thread where I said TOEs should stay.  

My ideal day during 1.36:

OJ: !S HC.  1st MegaSquad CO online.  What are we doing today?

Capco:  !S OJ.  We are working towards Brussels atm.  Any chance you can start setting up Leuven?  We've been overstocking Tienen for several hours now.

OJ:  Just Leuven?!?!  Come on, give us a challenge!

Capco:  I expect Brussels to be capped by tonight!

OJ:  Consider Leuven Axis in 45min.  Figure out what to do next and we'll be there.  

What I fear during 1.36:

OJ:  Hey HC, we need an AO at (insert bad AO selection).

Capco: !S OJ.  We've been attritioning the Brussels sector of the map and we feel like the enemy is reaching their breaking point.

OJ:  Well, it's our squad night and we want to hit Sedan.

Capco:  But our supply around Sedan isn't great.  Not to mention we've been overstocking Tienen for several hours now.

OJ:  We'll do some overstocking for Sedan.

Capco:  But we could really use your guys at Leuven though!  All that will do is drive up our spawn delay without an increased combat presence... 

OJ: Pound sand.  We'll let you know when we're ready for Sedan.  

Edited by Capco

32 minutes ago, Capco said:

Capco:  !S OJ.  We are working towards Brussels atm.  Any chance you can start setting up Leuven?  We've been overstocking Tienen for several hours now.

OJ:  Consider Leuven Axis in 45min.  Figure out what to do next and we'll be there.  

What I fear during 1.36:

Capco: !S OJ.  We've been attritioning the Brussels sector of the map and we feel like the enemy is reaching their breaking point.

Capco:  But our supply around Sedan isn't great.  Not to mention we've been overstocking Tienen for several hours now.

Capco:  But we could really use your guys at Leuven though!  All that will do is drive up our spawn delay without an increased combat presence... 

Why is it up to you to ruin a squad's squad night?  If they want to put in the time to overstock and hit a target why not let them have at it?  You have HC completely backwards.  HC is here to support the player base and not, I REPEAT NOT, the other way around.  The players are not here to serve HC.  HC is here to serve the players.  That broke [censored] attitude is exactly a good portion of those mega squads left.  HC should not be actively killing the fun.  Wow.  Just Wow.

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Capco said:

What I fear during 1.36:

wow... 

Now i see your perspective.. I was blinded till now. 

you think HC should be somehow in charge.. 

simply WOW..

the scenarios u mentioned above about 1.36... I LOVE THEM BOTH . simply because there is a LARGE squad who wants to HAVE FUN in game .... .. option A or B .. both equally as AWESOME to me.. I rather have a game with players in large squads.. than a game with no players which is the alternative we see. 

If a mega squad wants to go to sedan .. WHO do u think YOU are to stop them ... u can suggest and try to promote your Idea .. if u are good leader in their perspective . they will follow. 

I am out of this toxic thread before i unsub myself too.. back to playing some wwiionline 

1 hour ago, Capco said:

The game existed from June 6, 2001 and the first true "Campaign" wasn't until October 2003.  

Of the first 40 campaigns, we have knowledge of 34 outcomes.  20 Axis victories and 13 Allied victories and 1 Undecided.  That equates to an Axis win percentage of nearly 60%.  It's a safe bet that more of the unknown campaign outcomes are Axis victories than Allied victories.

And that doesn't even count the baby seal clubbing that occurred from June 2001 to October 2003.  

https://stats.wwiionline.com/winhistory.php

Check your math potthead.

60-40 is NOT a domination as u like to make everyone believe.... (not that I care even - because POST TOE .. there has never been BALANCE.. NEVER .. on neither side) 

So TOE helps the allied side so much and brought balance.? . how come the worst period of baby seal clubbing for allied was in TOE ? .. how come the only way for allies to win is for Whips to move over? (this is what many allies were saying few maps ago)

1 victory in 1 year against 10 Axis victories in same 12 month period.. .. ouch .. talk about baby seals.. and other victories mainly due to Axis squads coming allied for a visit?

The argument of TOE bringing balance is Bull[censored].. it is CRAP game that gives the outcome to A FEW HC and takes away the game from Squad and PLAYERS . 

It has been a CANCER that has slowly killed them game. you sound very selfish when u talk about what u hate on 1.36 when OJ likes come back and demand from u to give them AO on sedan instead of Lueven or whatever YOU want.

I can see no better outcome for this game than BIG BIG MEGA squads having fun and playing against each-other to the cost of fun of the HC players...

8 minutes ago, saronin said:

Why is it up to you to ruin a squad's squad night?  If they want to put in the time to overstock and hit a target why not let them have at it?  You have HC completely backwards.  HC is here to support the player base and not, I REPEAT NOT, the other way around.  The players are not here to serve HC.  HC is here to serve the players.  That broke [censored] attitude is exactly a good portion of those mega squads left.  HC should not be actively killing the fun.  Wow.  Just Wow.

4 minutes ago, potthead said:

wow... 

Now i see your perspective.. I was blinded till now. 

you think HC should be somehow in charge.. 

simply WOW..

the scenarios u mentioned above about 1.36... I LOVE THEM BOTH . simply because there is a LARGE squad who wants to HAVE FUN in game .... .. option A or B .. both equally as AWESOME to me.. I rather have a game with players in large squads.. than a game with no players which is the alternative we see. 

If a mega squad wants to go to sedan .. WHO do u think YOU are to stop them ... u can suggest and try to promote your Idea .. if u are good leader in their perspective . they will follow. 

I am out of this toxic thread before i unsub myself too.. back to playing some wwiionline 

As HC officer, we have a responsibility to serve both our side and keep the health of the game in mind.  What if an unconnected portion of the playerbase has been working towards one goal, but then a mega squad logs on and demands something somewhere else.  At that point, you have to pick sides within your own side.  That is not serving the playerbase.  You lecture me about serving players and yet that is exactly the source of my concern here.  

The first example is one of symbiosis, of two organizations working together.  Each campaign is a dynamic, living organism in the sense that they are constantly ebbing and flowing.  Squad nights last hours.  The Brussels area can be hit first because it's riper.  Sedan can be hit later because it will be ripe then.  Everyone can get what they want if they just work together.  

In the second example, one group of players is dictating to the rest of the side what to do and how to do it simply by virtue of their size and not by virtue of a sense of duty to their side and the health of the game.  They take no such pledge the way HC do when they agree to the Officer Articles of Conduct.  Regardless of how good of a leader I am or how good my idea or how bad their idea is or how many others outside of their squad will suffer for it, that mega squad will end up getting its way.  I would never fight such a large group and always concede for the very reasons saronin listed.  But that concession can come at the cost of other portions of the playerbase.  

It's not about HC getting their way.  It's about HC providing leadership and direction.