• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      Hells Gate   03/24/2019

      Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
XOOM

Brigade Removal Frozen for Steam "Early Access"

514 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, saronin said:

Only you would mistake HC for "leading".  LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL LOLLOLOLOLOLL

Well I lead you into side switching doing exactly that. :) 

I was also a squad XO for 10 years + and squad liaison in the Axis Squad Alliance when we played axis but yeah, mock me.

Not many here have experience as diversified than mine, on both sides. Even if I didn't play at all in the next 5 years, most of you couldn't top it.

I used to be a very "squads first" kinda guy, but joining AHC a few years ago really opened my eyes on another part of the game and I had tremendous fun (and terrible headaches too) participating in HC.

Edited by Lob12
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kazee said:

Speaking of the topic where HC or large squads decide on what town to attack, I remember very well we had this issue many many years ago.

Schilling (ex-GHC CinC) and channel 94 butted heads several times on this issue, and channel 94 went Allied for a few maps because they didnt want to follow GHC advice or suggestions. 

Now it is a delicate issue and I can see both sides of the issue here; personally if I was in HC and large squads wanted to attack a certain town, I would let them do whatever they wanted and try to make sure they had supply. My main goal would be to keep them online as long as possible and to achieve as many caps as possible even if its not in the right area of the map, my job as HC officer would be to shift things around to where they wanted to attack.

But it is a balancing act and takes a person that is a good negotiator and also a good listener. Schilling was a great guy but a bit abrasive at times and drove channel 94 off and the Axis lost campaigns as a result. 

Final comment is: lets change the rules to NOT allowing a flag to move into a town that is contested  

Channel 94 went Allied permanently and formed the 94th appropriately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

Well I lead you into side switching doing exactly that. :)

I was also a squad XO for 10 years and squad liaison in ASA when we played axis but yeah, mock me.

HC are the equivalent of interns getting a cup of coffee. " Lackey! Bring me that brigade!" kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, saronin said:

HC are the equivalent of interns getting a cup of coffee. " Lackey! Bring me that brigade!" kind of thing.

lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Hell its just a weakish attempt at trolling.

Theres as many different kind of HCs than there is players'. Just look at Potthead here, even if I disagree with a lot he said in this  thread, you can't just say someone like him is just a "brigade jockey". Tss tss

Me personally, I always lead from the front, placing the most vital FRU, capping the most important CP first. Most people enjoyed my type of command. I always listened to squads or players who wanted to took initiatives, but I also tried to keep the side "on course" to victory. Something hard to balance but a vital function of HC. And yes sometimes I had to say "no" when dumb asses wanted to softcap Breda with our 2nd AO.

 

Edited by Lob12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh and am I really reading this right, that the axis won 10 of last 12 maps? or did potthead smoked to much "OJ" kush ?

Damn that whine escapade in C120/C121 really paid off eh? 

 

Edited by Lob12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Hell its just a weakish attempt at trolling.

Theres as many different kind of HCs than there is players'. Just look at Potthead here, even if I disagree with a lot he said in this  thread, you can't just say someone like him is just a "brigade jockey". Tss tss

Me personally, I always lead from the front, placing the most vital FRU, capping the most important CP first. Most people enjoyed my type of command. I always listened to squads or players who wanted to took initiatives, but I also tried to keep the side "on course" to victory. Something hard to balance but a vital function of HC. And yes sometimes I had to say "no" when dumb asses wanted to softcap Breda.

 

Notice that Potthead is the most ardent supporter of removing TOEs.  It's because he is an actual leader.  He knows HC is just an added logistician duty that he picked up to save himself the time of having to tell someone else to move crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

oh and am I really reading this right, that the axis won 10 of last 12 maps? or did potthead smoked to much "OJ" kush ?

if so, this game is dead.

 

No he was on about a time some years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, saronin said:

Notice that Potthead is the most ardent supporter of removing TOEs.  It's because he is an actual leader.  He knows HC is just an added logistician duty that he picked up to save himself the time of having to tell someone else to move crap.

I just used him as an example to demonstrate my point and it works even if he's against TOEs: that you can do much much more than moving flags around. Thats all I meant.

I'm also not the biggest fan of the brigade system btw. I always hated softcaps. I do not like flag stacking in small towns. It needs a lot of tweak or hybridation with a town-based supply system. I just don't think that going back to 2002 will do as much as some of you nostalgic think.

Edited by Lob12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

oh and am I really reading this right, that the axis won 10 of last 12 maps? or did potthead smoked to much "OJ" kush ?

Damn that whine escapade in C120/C121 really paid off eh? 

 

2011 - 2012 Ten maps Axis one Allied and one truce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, petie said:

No he was on about a time some years ago

Think he smoked too much then because no one won more than 5 in a row I believe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if they reduced supply, made it so flags can't instantly warp into a contested town then most arguing for flag removal would quiet down.

Attrition needs to be viable. Nothing worse than attacking town for 4 hours from multiple links just to have instant army of fresh troops spawn in.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

Think he smoked too much then because no one won more than 5 in a row I believe.

 

 

As above 10 out of 12 can be split to less than 5 in a row.

W W W W L W W W D WWW (example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lob12 said:

I just used him as an example to demonstrate my point and it works even if he's against TOEs: that you can do much much more than moving flags around. Thats all I meant.

I'm also not the biggest fan of the brigade system btw. It needs a lot of tweak or hybridation with a town-based supply system. I just don't think that going back to 2002 will do as much as some of you nostalgic think.

The UI also needs to be simplified.  I shouldn't have to tell someone to click around 40 different places in order to get them in game.  It gives new players a bad impression before they even spawn in. Then they see the graphics.   It needs to be click on town and select mission.  Period.  CRS tried to put lipstick on that pig by adding a fast action tab but it really was a useless gesture.  We need to get people in game quickly and get them up to speed so they can see why looking past the graphics is worth it.  Our current UI developed out of the TOEs fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There'd absolutely zero incentive to become HC anymore. I mean you don't even get the uniform. Hopefully they're less picky with accepting interested recruits than they were years ago, but I can't see many signing up to 'play' - more like work - as a flag mover and complaint-taker aka HC.

Good time to post this cute little quip that I'll never forget:

-----Original Message-----
From: Tacrtc <tacrtc@gmail.com>
To: TheJOEker6 <TheJOEker6@aol.com>
Cc: Viper82 <Viper82ww2online@gmail.com>
Sent: Mon, May 16, 2011 4:45 pm
Subject: Application To Join Axis OCS
 
Jester6,
Your application to join Axis OCS has been reviewed and has been denied for the following reason: Excessive Allied Sorties immediately prior and after submittal of the application. The OKW is looking for players that have made a commitment to the Axis community. Based on your stats, you have not yet done so.
 
If you are interested in becoming an OKW officer in the future, you may reapply in thirty days. It is strongly recommend that you play only for the Axis side prior to submitting the application.
 
Best regards,
TACrtc
IKW CO
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: Application To Join Axis OCS
 

Well alright, I was aware you cannot play both sides while HC but clearly I'm not HC and didn't think it mattered yet. If you don't want my help, that's fine by me; I just thought I'd at least offer. 

----- Original Message -----

From: Tacrtc <tacrtc@gmail.com>
To: TheJOEker6 <TheJOEker6@aol.com>
Cc: Viper82 <Viper82ww2online@gmail.com>

Jester6,

You know something, you would be a great officer for the OKW and I hope you consider that option twenty-eight days from now.

 

The issue is this, IKW/OKW has posted the requirements for players wanting to become officers in the OKW in the Axis Public Forum here: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=236986 and the Axis Secure Forum here:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=236987

 

You either did not read the Axis forums when you applied or could not have cared less. Which is it? 

 

Also, the last time you applied to Rejoin the OKW you failed due to the same reason, Denied due to Allied missions.

 

Now lets work it out or not but check your attitude at the door. J

 

Best regards,

TACrtc

IKW CO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jester said:

There'd absolutely zero incentive to become HC anymore. I mean you don't even get the uniform. Hopefully they're less picky with accepting interested recruits than they were years ago, but I can't see many signing up to 'play' - more like work - as a flag mover and complaint-taker aka HC.

Good time to post this cute little quip that I'll never forget:

 

Haha what an star.

 

Also i' D imagine more would join simply for the uniforms :)

I liked those uniforms. Would love hunting enemy HC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jester said:

There'd absolutely zero incentive to become HC anymore. I mean you don't even get the uniform. Hopefully they're less picky with accepting interested recruits than they were years ago, but I can't see many signing up to 'play' - more like work - as a flag mover and complaint-taker aka HC.

Good time to post this cute little quip that I'll never forget:

 

Well both sides have that kind of regulation about not having played the other side recently. But I think in the last few years it got more relaxed. I can't believe they couldn't make an exception for a veteran like you. I sure as hell would. Always need someone to move those air flags haha. Back in my days we had excellent HC staffers who would take those decisions.

Hell personally I never even did the OCS training... My trainers kept quitting (and I wasnt particularly impressed by them). I probably would never have made it to HC without CE just graduating me through this crap. 

 

9 minutes ago, petie said:

Haha what an star.

 

Also i' D imagine more would join simply for the uniforms :)

I liked those uniforms. Would love hunting enemy HC 

Man I actually gave money for this a few years back but it got cancelled. Not been too keen on those fundraising events since then...

Edited by Lob12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

oh and am I really reading this right, that the axis won 10 of last 12 maps? or did potthead smoked to much "OJ" kush ?

Damn that whine escapade in C120/C121 really paid off eh? 

 

It's exactly 10/10 since then.  Good thing CRS restored the balance.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saronin said:

It's exactly 10/10 since then.  Good thing CRS restored the balance.;)

Meh

Edited by Lob12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

Well both sides have that kind of regulation about not having played the other side recently. But I think in the last few years it got more relaxed. I can't believe they couldn't make an exception for a veteran like you. I sure as hell would. Always need someone to move those air flags haha. Back in my days we had excellent HC staffers who would take those decisions.

.

Thats just insane to turn down an established player with an honorable history like that. Its the HC's that are doing the game the favor not the other way around.

And this isnt the real WW2. This is a cartoon game we play on our computers while wearing our Jam-Jams.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, usaf77 said:

Thats just insane to turn down an established player with an honorable history like that. Its the HC's that are doing the game the favor not the other way around.

And this isnt the real WW2. This is a cartoon game we play on our computers while wearing our Jam-Jams.

At the same time the 30 days rule thing was CRS made. Can't really blame HC for enforcing CRS rule... Just saying.

 

Edited by Lob12
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jester said:

There'd absolutely zero incentive to become HC anymore. I mean you don't even get the uniform. Hopefully they're less picky with accepting interested recruits than they were years ago, but I can't see many signing up to 'play' - more like work - as a flag mover and complaint-taker aka HC.

Good time to post this cute little quip that I'll never forget:

 

Vets as yourself have a wealth of map/in-game knowledge that could procure exciting battles for everyone - not just flag movements. Yeah, HC may not be for everyone, but it is an intricate part of the game we are passionate for. 

As of current, HC officers of both sides are thin. Is it work... yes. As more step up to HC (of either side) the less that work load is. HC isn't the same as years previous (at least AHC). *steps off soapbox*

The email response you posted was not handled well at all, but there again, this was several years ago. I HIGHLY doubt HC's response as this would EVER occur these days. If so, KMS or KYOTEE needs to be informed (Axis/Allied CRS liaisons). 

Personally, there are several things I consider with new AHC applicants. One of them IS their CSR report, but not entirely. Side dedication/frequent logins says a lot about the applicant. 

I think YOU would make a great officer either heading the AO/DO's or the strategy of the map... just stay out of my CP's!   LOL S! 

*steps off soapbox again*

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petie said:

I think if they reduced supply, made it so flags can't instantly warp into a contested town then most arguing for flag removal would quiet down.

Attrition needs to be viable. Nothing worse than attacking town for 4 hours from multiple links just to have instant army of fresh troops spawn in.

Right!  And implementing a solution like this doesn't mean TOEs will stay.  It will still go eventually once CRS is ready.  

 

All it means is that we will have more fun battles with less complaining in the meantime.  Will it fix the 24/7 HC coverage?  No.  

 

But between the Steam release and 1.36, WE NEED AS HEALTHY OF A GAME AS POSSIBLE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jester said:

There'd absolutely zero incentive to become HC anymore. I mean you don't even get the uniform. Hopefully they're less picky with accepting interested recruits than they were years ago, but I can't see many signing up to 'play' - more like work - as a flag mover and complaint-taker aka HC.

Good time to post this cute little quip that I'll never forget:

 

That silly restriction was greatly loosened recently.  I think it was cut from 30 days to... maybe a week?  A lot of it is up to the discretion of the person handling your request as well.  I've personally commissioned dcoy into AHC from the Axis before, after he got fed up in the middle of a campaign, and that's because I have a long working relationship with dcoy.  

 

Also, TAC is an interesting character.  Good guy, but a massive stickler for doing things by the book lol.  I'm a results-oriented person and am more flexible when it comes to getting those results.  

Edited by Capco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saronin said:

The UI also needs to be simplified.  I shouldn't have to tell someone to click around 40 different places in order to get them in game.  It gives new players a bad impression before they even spawn in. Then they see the graphics.   It needs to be click on town and select mission.  Period.  CRS tried to put lipstick on that pig by adding a fast action tab but it really was a useless gesture.  We need to get people in game quickly and get them up to speed so they can see why looking past the graphics is worth it.  Our current UI developed out of the TOEs fiasco.

The UI is trash.  There's not a single officer that thinks the UI is good for either the game itself or helping their specific jobs.  

 

While it did develop from TOEs, it wasn't even good development for moving brigades.  Everything about the current UI is convoluted and terribad.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capco said:

That silly restriction was greatly loosened recently.  I think it was cut from 30 days to... maybe a week?

I believe 2 weeks is a minimum under certain conditions.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.