Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

XOOM

Brigade Removal Frozen for Steam "Early Access"

saronin
20 minutes ago, XOOM said:

We'll take that into consideration and see what the team thinks about it. ;)

So that's a yes then.

vasduten1
25 minutes ago, saronin said:

So that's a yes then.

How do you know he's not wearing one right this second?

XOOM
1 hour ago, vasduten1 said:

I can neither confirm nor deny this statement.

saronin
3 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

It's how I always picture him.

vasduten1

@KMS in a dress! KMS in a dress!!!

vasduten1
11 hours ago, saronin said:

It's how I always picture him.

...with one nylon stocking hanging off his leg and the other one off. 

Like Loonie with his black socks.

bmw

Only people in dresses hijack threads about dresses............Sort of like this guy below..........lol.

IMG_0125_zpsoel2pjpn.jpg

Edited by bmw

KMS

I see nip! ban him!

I bet BMW has that as his desktop wallpaper :)

vasduten1

Oh, I thought it was KMS IN A DRESS!!!!

har har har, again!

O1KxBma.jpg

bmw
2 hours ago, KMS said:

I see nip! ban him!

I bet BMW has that as his desktop wallpaper :)

Do you know how long it took me to find that image!!  Thank god for the search feature. :ice_cream:

pbveteran
On 6/27/2017 at 6:40 PM, dm79 said:

is this even still up for debate? i thought it was a 100% we are going back to town based supply, or have i missed the memo saying we changed out mind?

I hope it's, CRS never said why they choose to go to with town supply and not consider other options, point by point especially when this is definitely a step backwards of something that has been tried before.

- CRS can add new brigades to the game

- CRS can change supply of those brigades

- Players can move brigades when they join HC

- CRS just needs to add a restriction for that movement and an entry on their Database to save the player ID, AND BOOM!! WE HAVE PLAYER CONTROL PLATOONS!!

JUST GIVE ME MY PANZER PLATOON!!! I don't want to have the entire responsibility of the map and war, I want to command a tank platoon and coordinate with other players so we mount together a combine arms attack, improve the strategy layer don't remove it!

There is nothing on CRS development plan that makes want to subscribe but this would!!

I literally can't even stand the idea I will be facing always a S76 for every town, while pwned attrited brigades with a Tiger or be fighting CH7 down to rifles will never happen again.

lipton

just got my vote for not adding this  :-)

matamor
On 6/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, potthead said:

I beg you XOOM ... PLEASE REMOVE TOE

I try to connect to your human side... i GROVEL at your FEET ... for the sake of our friends... for the sake of anything that is holy.... for the sake the BEST GAME that EVER WAS...  PLEASE REMOVE TOE

MATAMOR--- where are you to back me on this? :)

Signed. My TOEs are crusty.

Merlin51

I have no idea why anyone would want to remove TOE's

Work on them yes
Dont have every armor or infantry unit the same.
We have historical units to use as guides, specialize the brigades and change their individual TOE accordingly

Use a table of distances to dictate how long it takes to move a given brigade from point A to point B 
Presto, end of warping.

Sticking a full supply kit in every town, well it did not play well before, it kind of played out how intermission was going in Area51
50 tigers VS 60 shermans and anything in pants was a corpse on the ground.

And the whole large scale maneuver and tactics part of the game goes right out the window.

Got enough people online? You can find 100 tanks in your town really fast when every town has everything.
Dont believe me? ask anyone from the 31st wrecking crew, they used to deliver tanks to battle 60 at a time, every 12 to 20 minutes back in their peak day.

• Like 1

Mosizlak

Because the system is flawed beyond belief. 

Because we had, before Steam, HUGE gaps in HC coverage which would leave one side helpless. Please, dont trot out the "then join HC". Maybe if they gave me a free subscription. Otherwise I'm not logging in to do a thankless job, and it is a job. Ask anyone who has had to stay on long after they wanted to log to run the map because they would have left their side without HC. 

Because, either from lack of HC or incompetent HC, you'd have giant land grabs and cut offs. You could lose a map because of one person's mistake or the lack of a person on to move a flag. 

Softcaps. I don't think I have to give reasons why softcaps are horrendous gameplay. 

Also, we have all these awesome towns around the edges of the map. River towns, mountain towns, newer towns. We hardly ever get to fight in them because of the ridiculous flag system. 

Any game that requires volunteers for it to work is flawed in it's conception. 

• Like 5

Merlin51
2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Because the system is flawed beyond belief. 

It has issues, but it isnt that flawed.

HUGE gaps in HC coverage

There are ways to address that

Because, either from lack of HC or incompetent HC, you'd have giant land grabs and cut offs. You could lose a map because of one person's mistake or the lack of a person on to move a flag. 

Thats life, happens lots, this being a game, you arent stuck with the outcome forever.
Its not all HC either, you have 60 guys in a town and 9 guys cap the whole thing out from under them.
HC cant exactly do much about that.

Softcaps. I don't think I have to give reasons why softcaps are horrendous gameplay.

They only stink when your sitting there with 9 guys in TZ3 and your flipping a coin on which town to give up.
(Or its intermission and your trying to figure out why someone it cutting the map and ruining all the skirmishes)
If you have enough population, they aint so soft. They werent post steam last camp.

Also, we have all these awesome towns around the edges of the map. River towns, mountain towns, newer towns. We hardly ever get to fight in them because of the ridiculous flag system. 

Last camp i think everyone saw about every town at least 3 times. Hell i saw towns i didnt even realize existed, i looked at the map and said wait where the hell am i?

Armies dont exist in every square inch of land at every moment of time, theres no movement in that, it's just Somme.

Di11on

It really doesn't have to be black and white.

Take a particular brigade deployment at map start and add deployment/movement timers based on distance. Make the deployment/travel time infinite - now you have town supply. Make the timers anything less than that and you effectively have something in between the two extremes. A balance would have to be found.

The system should be complimented by town garrison supplies. This solves your soft-cap problem.

Have a reserve HC system where the highest ranking online player can assume a limited set of HC functions... and they must complete a tutorial before being able to do anything.

Different types of brigade would also be nice. Heavy tank brigades etc. Don't have Tigers and Sherman 76s everywhere.

Mosizlak

You can rationalize it all you want, Merlin, you can try and patch up the Titanic but it will still sink. 

• Like 1

saronin
16 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I have no idea why anyone would want to remove TOE's

Work on them yes
Dont have every armor or infantry unit the same.
We have historical units to use as guides, specialize the brigades and change their individual TOE accordingly

Use a table of distances to dictate how long it takes to move a given brigade from point A to point B 
Presto, end of warping.

Sticking a full supply kit in every town, well it did not play well before, it kind of played out how intermission was going in Area51
50 tigers VS 60 shermans and anything in pants was a corpse on the ground.

And the whole large scale maneuver and tactics part of the game goes right out the window.

Got enough people online? You can find 100 tanks in your town really fast when every town has everything.
Dont believe me? ask anyone from the 31st wrecking crew, they used to deliver tanks to battle 60 at a time, every 12 to 20 minutes back in their peak day.

See below...

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Capco said:

The content creators needs a break from doing all the things that most people don't do.  

If you don't want to see intermissions as breaks for these guys, do more work during the campaigns.  That's your trade off.

(@bmw I know you aren't a slouch for doing what needs to be done, but you still ain't in HC yet either! ;) Coming back Allied soon?)

This is one of TOEs most ardent supporters saying HC "needs a break" between campaigns.  HC should never "need a break" from the game.  XOOM stated HC is effectively over worked and there is a high turn over rate of HC players as a result.  Even the people who support TOEs apparently get tired running the system.  Defend the system all you like but XOOM was right. 

smythes

Evolution, not revolution.

saronin
4 minutes ago, smythes said:

Evolution, not revolution.

And that's not a SOlution.  What people really want is the system to stay the same.  Try throwing out ideas to fix the problems and watch the reaction.

cosian
1 hour ago, saronin said:

See below...

This is one of TOEs most ardent supporters saying HC "needs a break" between campaigns.  HC should never "need a break" from the game.  XOOM stated HC is effectively over worked and there is a high turn over rate of HC players as a result.  Even the people who support TOEs apparently get tired running the system.  Defend the system all you like but XOOM was right. 

This is a reason to get rid of TOES because guys want a couple days break?  How ridiculous.  BTW the people that run the system are not asking to get rid of it.  Rather, give us a couple a tools to make it easier.

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

You can rationalize it all you want, Merlin, you can try and patch up the Titanic but it will still sink. 

Actually with fairly minor engineering, the Titanic would not have sank .....

• Like 1

saronin
4 minutes ago, cosian said:

This is a reason to get rid of TOES because guys want a couple days break?  How ridiculous.  BTW the people that run the system are not asking to get rid of it.  Rather, give us a couple a tools to make it easier.

Actually with fairly minor engineering, the Titanic would not have sank .....

The people that run the system do not always show up, which is in fact game breaking.  Again, no ideas to fix the short comings of the current system.  Just plea to keep the status quo. 

• Like 2