Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
holmium

Firebug/engine workaround

3 posts in this topic

As we've all experienced multiple times, the engine bug or firebug, where the player is not firing but to others, is running around town firing continuously from his/her lmg/smg/flak30/ca mle 25 aa etc etc.

As someone who has had to deal with people continuously firing 20mm guns due to this bug, it can be headache inducing. You try to tell the greentag that they have a firebug but they don't pick up on your message and the firing continuous. You either have to despawn (which isn't always possible) , turn down the game volume or hope they shoot again to correct the firebug.

Since this bug has been around for years, what I'm hoping that can be added is a reset audio button that fixes your own audio. Perhaps CTRL + S or something. Not sure how much coding is required for this and it won't fix it for other people but if it means I can maintain my SA and not get a headache at the end of the battle, I'd be happy.

I'm hoping it would be as simple as "your own audio" and not some client side issue relating to the player with the fire or engine bug.

That would be awesome.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0