Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

usaf77

Next tier?

usaf77

Is there anyway to find out when the next tier is going to start? Thanks

kareca

Or when CRS wants....

S!

usaf77

I could have sworn the game monitor in the factory column "used" to tell you how many days until the next tier?

usaf77

OK I get it, "RDP". Which is basically the factory output based on the game in prior years right? And thats why its been stuck on the same 6+ days for the last 6+ days right? Actually 6 days 22 hours 40 mins.

And since the factories are producing unimpeded because theres so few players, and because "like last night" there are big time runs on the map like we did on the allies, basically the game never gets out of tier 0 and maybe tier 1 nowdays correct?

Please tell me I'm wrong if I'm understanding this wrong because if the game never gets out of the lower tiers there will never be new players sticking around because who wants to play a game with access to so few weapons? Except for intermission, which doesnt mean anything and nobody plays anyway.

If this is the case maybe CRS should "want" a whole lot more because this would suck and be a big problem with anyone joining. If I'm wrong here please tell me. Thanks

PITTPETE

What the heck does RDP even do any more?

Capco
7 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

What the heck does RDP even do any more?

Research, Development, and Production.  

Every time a unit is spawned in, a ticket is sent to the factories to create a new, identical unit.  How long this takes is determined by what is called the base resupply timer.

Any time a factory is damaged, the corresponding amount of damage lengthens the base resupply timer by an equivalent factor.  

Ex:  current base resupply timers are 15 hours.  33.3% factory damage would add 5 hours (or 1/3 of the 15-hour base timer) to the standard 15 hours.  Therefore, any ticket sent to the factories would take 20 hours to create a new, identical unit.  

usaf77

Well I like the middle two tiers, other like the first. I'll say this I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the fights since I came back. The actual fights in the game might be a bit fewer but there are still some real quality ones.

PITTPETE

I know what RDP is..

It has no bearing on anything in game any longer.

Just warp in a new Brigade and presto, instant supply.

Capco
1 minute ago, Pittpete said:

I know what RDP is..

It has no bearing on anything in game any longer.

Just warp in a new Brigade and presto, instant supply.

If the new brigade is still trashed from a fight 20 hours ago, that new brigade won't exactly help, will it?

PITTPETE

Just rotate a new brigade

PITTPETE

RDP is useless

Being a CINC means nothing now a days

Loved it when RDP could change the tiers and CINC could choose equipment.

Capco
14 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Just rotate a new brigade

I just said... what if THAT new brigade is empty because of the extended RDP timers?  I'll spell it out for you:  it.  won't.  help.  

And what if you manage to have a full brigade on standby, but moving it opens up a hole elsewhere?  There is nothing stopping the opposing side from taking advantage.  It's just not done enough.  

PITTPETE

RDP is useless as it is

Capco
47 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

RDP is useless as it is

I think if you say it 3 times in a row and tap your heels together, it might come true!

But seriously.  RDP does need a buff.  But it's not worth scrapping the whole system just because it needs tweaking...

Edited by Capco

Capco
32 minutes ago, usaf77 said:

So what DOES change tiers?

The % on the .rdp ticker will change the tiers if it gets to 100% on its own.  

However, CRS will also change the tiers manually as they see fit.  

PITTPETE

But seriously.  RDP does need a buff.

Finally.........

Capco
2 hours ago, Pittpete said:

But seriously.  RDP does need a buff.

Finally.........

My mistake pete.  I thought you were advocating its entire removal (which wouldn't be the first time I've seen that idea tossed around) rather than tweaking it.  I am a huge proponent of RDP in our game and what it can offer when done right.  

S!

PITTPETE

np bud...RDP used to be a big part of this game.

It would be great if we could get back some of those big squads that focused on RDP

• Like 1

lipton

They lost one huge Allied Air Squad when they sliced the effectiveness of RDP bombing to the bone. 

vasduten1
1 hour ago, lipton said:

They lost one huge Allied Air Squad when they sliced the effectiveness of RDP bombing to the bone. 

I think it was suggested that reducing RDP timers would help, but I can't remember where I saw that.

What's your take on it?

I'd like to understand more of where the rubber meets the road, RDP-wise.

Capco
29 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

I think it was suggested that reducing RDP timers would help, but I can't remember where I saw that.

What's your take on it?

I'd like to understand more of where the rubber meets the road, RDP-wise.

I suggested that reducing RDP timers from 15 hours to 8 would help MOICs manage the map, not so much help RDP bombing.  8 hour resupply timers are nice because it essentially means one TZ's misfortune cannot affect another (assuming brigades are not cut off), and as a bonus, the effects of RDP bombing are realized much sooner.  

However, that also means there will be more supply on the map in a given 16 hour period (hypothetically about twice as much if everything was burned).  So brigade lists might have to be reduced overall.  

Lower resupply timers will also make JWBS even more frequent (or at least allow for greater frequency).  That's bad.  So in order to mitigate that effect, the brigade trickle timers need to be lengthened.  

Finally, in order to boost the bombing effectiveness, what could be done is to lengthen the time it takes for factories to repair damage.  The increase in effectiveness is directly proportional to the increase in factory repair time.  So if CRS makes it so that factories take twice as long to repair, that equates to doubling the effectiveness of each bomb.  

The reason why factory repair time is so important to RDP bombing is because of how long it takes to see an effect from RDP bombing.  That's also why it is a superior method to improving RDP bombing than say, doubling the damage each bomb does to the factory, or reducing base resupply timers to 4 hours (yikes!).

Edited by Capco

lipton

Make RDP bombing actually mean something. Increase damage to factories by bombs, but also reduce re-build timers. 

I think this might bring back RDP bombing because it would effect the map while they are playing, but then the factories could rebuild quickly so neither side is left without supply.

The other thing that needs to be done is have each factory be equipment specific. That would add another strategic level to RDP. Where to bomb and where to defend factories would take on a whole new meaning. 

I quit bombing when they made RDP bombing almost useless. When was that? 10- 12 years ago?

Edited by lipton