vasduten1

Campaign 139 Changes!

85 posts in this topic

Yesterday was more about the deployments.

Allies went extra two divisions in the south and had a plan that needed two AOs to succeed.

 

Axis went extra in the Zeelands and a shot at England.

 

It was all about who blinked first. Axis we're overpopulation most of the day and then right around the time we took willemsteid went to allied overpopulation.

 

The fights we're intense as we knew the plan depended on the outcome. I think we might see a few more risks (which is fun in my opinion) with only a six hour timer for routing.

 

I can say that this deployment for the Allies has been planned for months. I sent all my officers (I'm currently serving as CINC) the deployments and what the priorities were. Once we saw the Axis deployments we knew it was going to be a hard fight (hence the fun). 

We saw destroyers, Paras, back line fights, fights for rear line fbs. It was war!

 

The allied HC were on the same channel for discord most of the day working as a team to run the map. We we're communicating with squads and working as a single unit. We ignored the negativity from a select few and stuck with the game plan. Not because we didn't want to lose but we wanted to execute something different.

 

The map is far from over and I look forward to the battles to come.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david01 said:

Okay so both HC were doing their jobs, and the game systems were functioning properly and the end result is that on the second day of a new campaign hardly anyone is playing.

 

I don't know why CRS thinks that it can sell a 24/7 premium subscription service when it only caters to one time zone and the two dozen people that enjoy playing with flags. I mean there was only one axis HC online awhile ago and it was a rat (waver25), and now there's no axis hc online.

Not going to disagree at all with this.. I'm already geared up for town based supply and this type of map is a true rarity and far from over - mb ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, petie said:

Supply should of been cut in half, NEVER think before changes are made do they.

I made it clear that this needed to be done when I suggested reducing the RDP timers.  I have no idea why they are so afraid of touching the spawn lists.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not a fan of TOEs, but a big shout out to Dfadd yesterday for keeping the allied players motivated and informed....S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

Yesterday was more about the deployments.

Allies went extra two divisions in the south and had a plan that needed two AOs to succeed.

 

Axis went extra in the Zeelands and a shot at England.

 

It was all about who blinked first. Axis we're overpopulation most of the day and then right around the time we took willemsteid went to allied overpopulation.

 

The fights we're intense as we knew the plan depended on the outcome. I think we might see a few more risks (which is fun in my opinion) with only a six hour timer for routing.

 

I can say that this deployment for the Allies has been planned for months. I sent all my officers (I'm currently serving as CINC) the deployments and what the priorities were. Once we saw the Axis deployments we knew it was going to be a hard fight (hence the fun). 

We saw destroyers, Paras, back line fights, fights for rear line fbs. It was war!

 

The allied HC were on the same channel for discord most of the day working as a team to run the map. We we're communicating with squads and working as a single unit. We ignored the negativity from a select few and stuck with the game plan. Not because we didn't want to lose but we wanted to execute something different.

 

The map is far from over and I look forward to the battles to come.

 

Congrats on a well organized operation!

But don't pat yourself on the back too much. ..

There is no way  in hell that the Allies should have taken Liege on Day 1 (setting up a massive cut off on the south side) from a 1-linked town overextended snake push attack from the south side of the map.

It doesn't matter how well the allies played, or however overpop the allies were, or where the flags were located- it should never have happened!

Just a few good Axis vets watching the map could have stopped it.

Hell if I would have been online at the time with a few squaddies you guys would never even have gotten close to taking  Liege because the FBs would have been locked down around Liege before the battle even started.

Again congrats on your good work, and I am not taking anything away from the Allies who were obviously playing extremely well.

But what happened on Day 1 of the campaign was really more of a failure by the Axis side.  No excuses really for the poor performance the axis showed on campaign day 1.

Edited by krazydog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, krazydog said:

 

Congrats on a well organized operation!

But don't pat yourself on the back too much. ..

There is no way  in hell that the Allies should have taken Liege on Day 1 (setting up a massive cut off on the south side) from a 1-linked town overextended snake push attack from the south side of the map.

It doesn't matter how well the allies played, or however overpop the allies were, or where the flags were located- it should never have happened!

Just a few good Axis vets watching the map could have stopped it.

Hell if I would have been online at the time with a few squaddies you guys would never even have gotten close to taking  Liege because the FBs would have been locked down around Liege before the battle even started.

Again congrats on your good work, and I am not taking anything away from the Allies who were obviously playing extremely well.

But what happened on Day 1 of the campaign was really more of a failure by the Axis side.  No excuses really for the poor performance the axis showed on campaign day 1.

 

Liege was taken from the east (we attacked from Verviers) and Liege only had a naval brigade in it. I agree there could have been a lot more done by the axis hc to stop the snake we had up from Luxembourg.. Sometimes you need to give up some ground in order to prevent these things. When the axis had their snake headed toward Oostende, we brought a divhq and one of its brigades back from antwerp. with the 15 minute timers for non-frontline movements made that possible. Axis could have done the same thing with minimal losses on their front line.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krazydog said:

 

Congrats on a well organized operation!

But don't pat yourself on the back too much. ..

There is no way  in hell that the Allies should have taken Liege on Day 1 (setting up a massive cut off on the south side) from a 1-linked town overextended snake push attack from the south side of the map.

It doesn't matter how well the allies played, or however overpop the allies were, or where the flags were located- it should never have happened!

Just a few good Axis vets watching the map could have stopped it.

Hell if I would have been online at the time with a few squaddies you guys would never even have gotten close to taking  Liege because the FBs would have been locked down around Liege before the battle even started.

Again congrats on your good work, and I am not taking anything away from the Allies who were obviously playing extremely well.

But what happened on Day 1 of the campaign was really more of a failure by the Axis side.  No excuses really for the poor performance the axis showed on campaign day 1.

Not meaning to pat on the back, but promote the teamwork we saw last night. You may be right on the HC however it was more like a race to see who would get to blink first. I wont say this should have happened or this should have happened. My point is that last night was exciting as Axis could have just as easily been in England this morning, two key battles I saw Longwy and Kalthmout. 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh look, another campaign without Tier 2 & 3, CRS going to start refunding half a sub cost for half a game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, petie said:

oh look, another campaign without Tier 2 & 3, CRS going to start refunding half a sub cost for half a game? 

Sure they know.. They will probably start at a higher tier next campaign or speed tier progression up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, forrest said:

Should Campaign 140 start at Tier-3?

+1 Vote

I've already recommended that they start every 5th campaign in T2, and with 140 around the corner that'd be a nice round number to start the trend!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capco said:

I've already recommended that they start every 5th campaign in T2, and with 140 around the corner that'd be a nice round number to start the trend!

Hold on now.  Campaign 139  might be so short that many people won't even get a chance to play with T0 equipment - lol!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or perhaps start the campaign in the next tier to where the last one finished.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** only timers changed are non front line moves.. still the same timer to move front line to front line.. 

I don't believe this is correct, frontline moves are 30 min; backline 15.

 

 

Regarding the run by both sides yesterday, how might that have been impacted if supply in all flags would have been cut in half like it should have been?

 

Also, flag move timers allowed FAR more towns to be taken, allowing both axis and allies to snake MUCH further than normal than with slower timers.

 

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm biased as tier0 is my favorite tier.. I seem to play less as we progress in tiers..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scking said:

I'm biased as tier0 is my favorite tier.. I seem to play less as we progress in tiers..

As a Tier-0 bomber pilot, I agree.  Shame to see the fighters get better and better as we bombers stay in T0 gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, delems said:

*** only timers changed are non front line moves.. still the same timer to move front line to front line.. 

I don't believe this is correct, frontline moves are 30 min; backline 15.

 

According to the announcement, front line to front line should not have changed.. I am not on tonight but asked if someone could check it on discord. If no one does, I will try to check later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move timers are way to fast.

Map needs to be called a draw and restarted with normal move timers; and supply in every flag cut in half to correspond to the RDP change.

Trickle and training timers can leave as is.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blkhwk8 said:

Yesterday was more about the deployments.

Allies went extra two divisions in the south and had a plan that needed two AOs to succeed.

 

Axis went extra in the Zeelands and a shot at England.

 

It was all about who blinked first. Axis we're overpopulation most of the day and then right around the time we took willemsteid went to allied overpopulation.

 

The fights we're intense as we knew the plan depended on the outcome. I think we might see a few more risks (which is fun in my opinion) with only a six hour timer for routing.

 

I can say that this deployment for the Allies has been planned for months. I sent all my officers (I'm currently serving as CINC) the deployments and what the priorities were. Once we saw the Axis deployments we knew it was going to be a hard fight (hence the fun). 

We saw destroyers, Paras, back line fights, fights for rear line fbs. It was war!

 

The allied HC were on the same channel for discord most of the day working as a team to run the map. We we're communicating with squads and working as a single unit. We ignored the negativity from a select few and stuck with the game plan. Not because we didn't want to lose but we wanted to execute something different.

 

The map is far from over and I look forward to the battles to come.

We're all so happy for you and the other 20 people playing as HC right now.

 

No, really... we'll all go play something else while you guys have you fun playing Flag Movers.

 

Hey, they released a new version of the board game Risk a year or so ago...

You guys should check it out:

https://www.slashgear.com/risk-board-game-is-getting-a-big-redesign-next-year-07408783/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, delems said:

*** only timers changed are non front line moves.. still the same timer to move front line to front line.. 

I don't believe this is correct, frontline moves are 30 min; backline 15.

 

I have confirmed that you are correct.. Front Line to Front Line is 30 minute timers and should be 60 minute timer as per #5 in his reasoning.. "Brigade movement timers: Anything on the front-front doesn't change"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on campaign 136 when CRS made the mistake of reduce cap timers to 30 sec, Axis were overpop, adapted well to those changes and did well in Antwerp and Brussels. IIRC about 24 towns were capped in 24 hours...people were scandalized, didn't matter axis or allied, people were against those changes. Some people said that losing Antwerp and Brussels the first day was a joke, some others said that losing that amount of towns the first day of campaign wasn't the right pace for this game, I even remember people who wanted to do a boicot...and then the campaign was reset with good judgment.

Now 2 months later the story repeats itself. CRS made some bad changes that makes the massive cutoffs issue even worst, Allies were overpop, adapted well to thise changes and did a very good job cutting from Luxemburg to Liege, due this cutoff +90 towns were captured in the first 24 hours, and 2 factory towns were captured in the first 36 hours of campaign. Now instead of having people united against this changes that make this game unplayable...we have allied trying to justify that a campaign can be won in 12 hours because it's a HC fault or a risky gamble that went wrong. But no, no matter how bad HC mistakes are, +90 towns and 28 of 36 brigades can't be cutted in just 12 hours, same way it wasn't justifiable that Antwerp were captured in 24 minutes 3 campaigns ago.

I'm really disappointed with all those people who had a clear judgment about game pace on campaign 136 and change it on campaign 139 because his side it's winning or losing.

Edit: And the same goes for those axis players who justified that Antwerp and Brussels were captured in 25 minutes and now wanted a campaign reset

Edited by sydspain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sydspain said:

Back on campaign 136 when CRS made the mistake of reduce cap timers to 30 sec, Axis were overpop, adapted well to those changes and did well in Antwerp and Brussels. IIRC about 24 towns were capped in 24 hours...people were scandalized, didn't matter axis or allied, people were against those changes. Some people said that losing Antwerp and Brussels the first day was a joke, some others said that losing that amount of towns the first day of campaign wasn't the right pace for this game, I even remember people who wanted to do a boicot...and then the campaign was reset with good judgment.

Now 2 months later the story repeats itself. CRS made some bad changes that makes the massive cutoffs issue even worst, Allies were overpop, adapted well to thise changes and did a very good job cutting from Luxemburg to Liege, due this cutoff +90 towns were captured in the first 24 hours, and 2 factory towns were captured in the first 36 hours of campaign. Now instead of having people united against this changes that make this game unplayable...we have allied trying to justify that a campaign can be won in 12 hours because it's a HC fault or a risky gamble that went wrong. But no, no matter how bad HC mistakes are, +90 towns and 28 of 36 brigades can't be cutted in just 12 hours, same way it wasn't justifiable that Antwerp were captured in 24 minutes 3 campaigns ago.

I'm really disappointed with all those people who had a clear judgment about game pace on campaign 136 and change it on campaign 139 because his side it's winning or losing.

Edit: And the same goes for those axis players who justified that Antwerp and Brussels were captured in 25 minutes and now wanted a campaign reset

True.

If one is whining, he sure ain't winning.

If one is winning, he sure ain't whining.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sydspain said:

 

I'm really disappointed with all those people who had a clear judgment about game pace on campaign 136 and change it on campaign 139 because his side it's winning or losing.

Edit: And the same goes for those axis players who justified that Antwerp and Brussels were captured in 25 minutes and now wanted a campaign reset

There is a difference between 136 and 139.. 136 was more about broken map deployments than faster cap timers. Faster cap timers did suck but when the map started, they had placed two divisions in the wrong place and the allies could not move into place to cover the Brussels area and Antwerp area. CRS was informed of it prior to the map start yet it got ignored and they started the map anyway and literally gave away Leuven,  which snowballed into Brussels and literally couldn't be stopped.

139 does have the wrong forward movement timer but the axis had more opportunity to cut off the allied "snake" and hc chose not to bring a brigade back to do so when seeing that we had an extra division in the south and I was shocked that they just allowed us to continue north without making any movement towards it. The deployments were correct for both sides. I agree that the capture of Liege was ridiculous that first night and we should have only made it through Bitburg area and the edge of Hallshlag if the timers were correct.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, forrest said:

Can I haz your LMG??

Nobody is stopping you from joining GHC and playing with all the LMGs you want, cupcake.

Hell, you can even use up every LMG in every flag, then magic warp MOAR LMGs in and keep on playing with them until the game shuts off and dies finally.

 

 

Did you seriously just throw out a "ZOMFG AXIS LMG OP UBER!!!!" jab while the TOES structure smothers the game to death? You're like a guy on the Titanic going around with a folding chair smashing people into unconsciousness so they can't get to the lifeboats.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.