dre21

Radical Steam idea

27 posts in this topic

Open up the spawn list to all the new players. 

We all know u catch flies with poop. And Bears with honey.

Yes the Vets of this game won't be to happy when they see a Green Tag charge in the best armor into battle , but we want to keep players ,player retention is the goal. And we ain't going to do that just giving the new players crap to play with.

So what I'm saying is for a month or 2 open up the spawn list to all subscription or f2p . 

Let's be honest us Vets still will have a field day even with the noob taking our beloved equipment.  And I think it would actually be rather interesting of game play.

Uh, no.  They can earn rank just like we did; not like earning rank is hard anymore, sheesh - 10x easier than back a few years.

1 person likes this

I think the point for planes should be increased by a factor of two or three.  It is painfully slow.

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Open up the spawn list to all the new players. 

We all know u catch flies with poop. And Bears with honey.

Yes the Vets of this game won't be to happy when they see a Green Tag charge in the best armor into battle , but we want to keep players ,player retention is the goal. And we ain't going to do that just giving the new players crap to play with.

So what I'm saying is for a month or 2 open up the spawn list to all subscription or f2p . 

Let's be honest us Vets still will have a field day even with the noob taking our beloved equipment.  And I think it would actually be rather interesting of game play.

I can just imagine what would happen now:

A day 1 ftp steam player who only intends to play the game for a couple days decides he wants to play around with a tiger or matilda tank and spawns in from a camped  army base. ..

He spawns and dies, doesn't care, spawns and dies again,  and again and again -until the tank supply runs out -- potentially impacting the outcome of entire battle for everyone else.

1 person likes this

I like this idea, instead of a welcome back soldier it is a welcome new soldier. Obviously have them need to rank up but you might retain more players that way 

Really guys one campaign , OMG he will waste equipment.  

Do you want the game to grow or you want to keep playing with the same map same equipment for the next few years and have CRS do another fundraising event cause the player base stays small.

1 month is not the end of the world and so what every player has to learn .  

Oh he will waste a Tiger or a Matilda  argument so lame  but let him spawn [censored] equipment so I can kill him with one shot cause that will retain the player.

I understand it might be a aggravating to see a guy spawn in at a camped area but that's what us Vets are for to teach and tell them. But I can already tell some will rather have a rage fit and yell at the new players then help them.

Let them spawn [censored] equipment with virtually no chance of survival against us seasoned Vets and let's see how many players we will retain. 

We want to hook them , 1 month unlimited access after that they will have to rank up. But give them a fighting chance ,let them earn point in that month so they got something to build on. 

Like I said [censored] will catch flies , day flies, one day in game then gone forever . Cause all they did was die to an unseen enemy.

Give them honey ,give them a chance and we might just might retain enough players to make a difference.

Edited by dre21

If the ftp still need to rank up first then thats probably ok.  They wont be day 1 players at least, and they will know how to use the equipment a little first before they touch the better equipment.

if you let day 1 players have access to all the equipment immediately and let them burn through all the most valuable ewuipment without understanding the game first, then you will just get a lot of veterans criticizing them in game and thats not a good experience either for brand new players.

Edited by krazydog

It already been said they will have a 14 day premium that then converts to premium, I think is not enough to learn or understand the game but if you enjoy it you will create a new account and keep playing with another 14 day trial..

I might agree but consider If it was more than 14 days the trouble and time you go to create a new account might make it worth it even if it meant losing you gametag,the fact most users only have on steam account with a lot of games and social connections might make this a non issue though.

When i bought the boxed ww2ol i got a free month of play I think that was part of the reason 12 years after I'm still here you need to learn and become good at the game so you can see enough value to subscribe.

Edited by pbveteran

28 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

It already been said they will have a 14 day premium that then converts to premium, I think is not enough to learn or understand the game but if you enjoy it you will create a new account and keep playing with another 14 day trial..

I might agree but consider If it was more than 14 days the trouble and time you go to create a new account might make it worth it even if it meant losing you gametag,the fact most users only have on steam account with a lot of games and social connections might make this a non issue though.

When i bought the boxed ww2ol i got a free month of play I think that was part of the reason 12 years after I'm still here you need to learn and become good at the game so you can see enough value to subscribe.

You can more easily make new accounts through the website. Just like back in the day. The first year i played only on free trials because i didnt have a CC.  and that is actually good for CRS because then if you subscribe through website they get more moneyss

No and no.

Ever seen a pilot start his career off in a 747?  I haven't.

Ever seen a soldier start in the US Army as a general?  I haven't.

Was your first job the boss?  Doubt it.

Players need to earn there way up to the better gear as they learn the game.

Imo, the ranks already are severely too low for some gear (Sapper, Tiger and shreck for instance), the rank should be much higher to be allowed to spawn.

I don't care about rank for planes and ships - there are currently so many in game you could never run out.  But the infantry/armor gear matters.

Edited by delems

49 minutes ago, delems said:

No and no.

Ever seen a pilot start his career off in a 747?  I haven't.

Ever seen a soldier start in the US Army as a general?  I haven't.

Was your first job the boss?  Doubt it.

Players need to earn there way up to the better gear as they learn the game.

Imo, the ranks already are severely too low for some gear (Sapper, Tiger and shreck for instance), the rank should be much higher to be allowed to spawn.

I don't care about rank for planes and ships - there are currently so many in game you could never run out.  But the infantry/armor gear matters.

It's not real life it's a game, a game that needs money to get updated ,to get more equipment in game for players. 

1 month would not kill the game . It might decide a map maybe but really reset the [censored] and call it good. 

Yes they will have to earn rank . But hoping that the new players will just be gun fodder for us long time players will not advance the game at all ,if they can play any other WWII shooter and get their hands on better equipment and actually compete vs players that been at a game for awhile.

In 2001 players played free for a long time till CRS had their stuff sorted out. I gained rank by driving HT and towing 88 and Opel towing troops and ATG and AAA. 

But CRS took that way of gaining rank away . It was one of the best ways to gain rank and learn what was happening on the battlefield before you stepped into a Tank or picked up a Rifle.  I gained 1st 3 ranks that way. Mainly support till I actually started to get into the Tank and Infantry game.

Edited by dre21

Gaining rank is best with AA gunning. At least back in the day. I would go from rank 1 to 5 within the 2 weeks trial. 40 points per kill on RTB.

Action wise on a total sortie its one of the most packed things you can do. If an enemy airfield is close you are basically engaged in action 75% of the time.

To start, I don't like F2P. They give away the FMS and your location cause they follow you around and shoot and throw smoke.

That said. Dre21 has a point. But, most games you have to go up in points/rank to get better stuff.

My thought would be only let them go to 2nd tier stuff and reserve 3nd tier stuff for the pros. Like Sherms and Tigers, etc.

As for planes, they will trash them instantly.

Will be a sad, frustrating MONTH.

I don't care how much supply a F2P guys can spawn. As long as he has to spawn on the Underpop side.

Edited by lipton
2 people like this

Supply issues shouldn't be a problem. Supply should be increased all around when the Steam gates open and population increases..

Edited by gretnine
typo

It's already been clearly stated that all new accounts will have full access for a period of two weeks.

That's plenty of time to rank up for certain items and try each thing out.

As for air... the point system SUCKS.

I mean, it REALLY sucks.

Nobody is going to get enough air rank to use anything but entry level planes in a period of two weeks, and people are gonna hate that, just as those who have played for a decade do.

Getting ONE goddamned point for a "hit" on an enemy bomber or fighter and an RTB is just idiotic.

I blame @DOC hahahaha

Can someone please tweak the frigging air point system? How hard could it be to just go in and doctor up the point award values?

One should be able to gain a rank or two in two weeks of solid flying, and one should probably get more than 1-3 points for damaging EA and RTB. Realistically, you're damaging a plane and sometimes, they crash. Either way, you're reducing their combat effectiveness and helping your side... so MOAR points.

38 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

It's already been clearly stated that all new accounts will have full access for a period of two weeks.

That's plenty of time to rank up for certain items and try each thing out.

As for air... the point system SUCKS.

I mean, it REALLY sucks.

Nobody is going to get enough air rank to use anything but entry level planes in a period of two weeks, and people are gonna hate that, just as those who have played for a decade do.

Getting ONE goddamned point for a "hit" on an enemy bomber or fighter and an RTB is just idiotic.

I blame @DOC hahahaha

Can someone please tweak the frigging air point system? How hard could it be to just go in and doctor up the point award values?

One should be able to gain a rank or two in two weeks of solid flying, and one should probably get more than 1-3 points for damaging EA and RTB. Realistically, you're damaging a plane and sometimes, they crash. Either way, you're reducing their combat effectiveness and helping your side... so MOAR points.

only way to rank up is bombing bridges..

Worst of the air game is that as a noob you are up against guys in better planes that have been playing for 8 years and are all on TS together lol.

I usually just try to do CAS as air to air is not really worth it.

2 hours ago, monsjoex said:

only way to rank up is bombing bridges..

Worst of the air game is that as a noob you are up against guys in better planes that have been playing for 8 years and are all on TS together lol.

I usually just try to do CAS as air to air is not really worth it.

Just play air infantry to gain rank, its easy to do, I get its crazy that u need to do that to be able to gain air rank but it is what it is...

1 person likes this

When I was pursuing air rank, all you had to do was spawn on the airfield, wait 10 minutes and despawn. If I had to do what is required today... Well, I suck in the air. So,  I'd never gain rank and I'd  NEVER fly. 

I also suck at air combat.  In the past 8 years I think I may have killed 6-12 planes?? A very definite maybe.

The only way I got up in rank is make a inf mission out of a bomber group and blow a eFB that was unguarded.

Place one charge and RTB = 10 points. Do this for the whole eFB bust = almost 300 points. It is long and boring, but you get points.

And same principle for navy.

Again no, they can rank up just like we had to do, and like you have to do in real life - experience gets you more gear.

If ya want new players to have fun with all the gear, just open it up during intermission.

Why do they have FPA locked during intermission?  Give them access to everything.

I agree with brady great way to rank air force points is play infantry, grab an inf or aa in air branch just need someone to make a mission for you or tow you to the action....rank faster than blowing bridges and taking up an bridge ao.

S!

Also agree with delems 2 weeks plenty of time to rank up and test the game to see if they want to sub not just have a f2p account to tow.